[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read Žižek in his voice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Do you read Žižek in his voice?
>>
Absolutely, you see, I do this all the time. One of the best experiences you can have, and here I am not lying, is to read Gravity's Rainbow in this way. You know, that early 70's American Pinecone book.
>>
Its not that I read "Žižek" in his voice but the contrary that my entire consciousness is narrated by him.
>>
My God, I read everything in his voice, to be quite, eh, honest you see. This is done strictly in an ironic manner, though. Here I paraphrase Lacan: By using another person's voice, one gains precisely that freedom necessary to speak with ones own. It is the mask that lets us be ourselves, I claim.
>>
You schee, you bifurcate Zizek's "voice" in shiss way. You schee, you mean, by Zizek's voice, his voice itself, that is, I mean, his vocal noises and so on. But the "voice" of a person is also the meaning which he conveys by the text, this I claim. So the question, "Do you read Žižek in his voice?" is sort of a double question, about verbal noises and reading the meaning of the text. It is only by a dialectical process of synthesizing the two "voices" that you achieve full voice and so on.
>>
>>7992268
>>7992318
poorly done.

>>7992283
>>7992289
well done
>>
>>7992193
I read everything in his voice
>>
>>7992193

>reading shishek
>ever

why
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.