[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: TarBaby.jpg (18 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
TarBaby.jpg
18 KB, 308x475
I'm not sure what the intention of this book was. I was told it was to make people aware of the value of black culture, both in the real world and in literature. However, all but one of the black characters are portrayed in a very negative light. Why would the author do this?
>>
>>7991599
Whole book is just b8 for liberals, don't pay it any mind.
>>
morrison is awful
>>
Morrison is secretly redpilled. She hates "black culture" just like Aaron McGruder, and just like a long line of black thinkers have ever since the days of W.E.B. DuBois.
>>
>>7991759
Every character is like a /pol/ character. Somehow my group thought Son was a good guy. How do people think like that?
>>
>>7991759
I think this may actually be right.

Don't MOST black intellectuals hate black culture?
>>
>>7991726
Beloved was great, but that's the only book I've read by her.
>>
>>7992423
Because they've realized that cultures aren't based on race, since race is a nonexistent concept. Culture is create by proxy: who you are surrounded by in your formative year along with the activities and beliefs you developed alongside these people. Furthermore, traits formed within this group can then be seen in people outside that group. It's how a neckbeard in Arkansas can have a lot in common with, and share a common banner alongside, a hikkikomori scumfuck from Japan.

"Black" culture, and by extension racial culture, is a scam promoted by scoundrels and opportunists who seek to hold power over a group based entirely on a superficial similarity.

Simply because, for example, a person born and raised in the suburbs of Long Island and a person born and raised in the darkest alley of Compton both happen to be black does not then mean that they share the same experiences. Maybe some levels of racism, but even that isn't guaranteed, and even if it does occur, it certainly doesn't guarantee that it'll occur with the same level of ferocity.

Morrison knew this, McGruder knew this, and Sowell knew this.
>>
>>7992481
>race is non-existent
Show me a honkey with sickle cell
>>
>>7992481
It's almost as if the idea of black culture - that is, the thuggish, violent, and misogynistic culture that is has become synonymous with the "black experience" is a self-fulfilling and destructive prophecy. The black man from the suburbs of Long Island believes he must condone to whatever this "black culture" is, even if he is unable to personally identify with it.
>>
>>7991759
Why do you think she hates black culture? And what era of black culture do you think she hates? What about it specifically does she hate?
>>
>>7992582
And it's a real shame. The sacrifice of the individual for the inclusion of the collective, itself an amalgam of individuals who were convinced to leave themselves.
>>
>>7992481
>>7992582

considerably accurate

t. Black
>>
>>7992481
>scumfuck

Confirmed for watching Amazing Atheist.

Anyways, I agree with your post.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.