[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comedy thread (in plays, books, movies, musicals, etc.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
*Before you guys proceed into the thread, just asnwear me if you know tips on how to organize plots in comedy plays and movies. For example, the comedies of Shakespeare have a lot of identity confusions, mistakes, convoluted and complex plots, and when I try to think on a comedy I never know how to organize the plot, how to model the scenes in such a complex way as, for example, the confusions of the couples in A Midsummer Night Dream. I can think on good ideas for comedies, but I don’t know how to make such complex structures as plots, and I wonder if there is a way to learn this.

What are the greatest comedies of all time, and I mean in all the different kinds of comedy there are.

Let’s say, for example, romantic comedy.

>Twelfth Night
>A Midsummer Night Dream
>The Merchant of Venice
>The Way of the World

all of them come to mind. But why stop only in plays? What about movie and musical scripts? Example:

>Some Like it Hot
>A Little Night Music
>Amelie

And what about the deep satiric kind of comedy? Some examples:

>Volpone
>The Alchemist
>A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

And what about more darker comedies, or political comedies, like:

>Network
>Doctor Strangelove
>Lolita (this is one of the funniest books I ever read, despite the terrible themes of child abuse and pedophilia)
>A Fish Called Wanda

So, can you guys offer other suggestions?
>>
>>7991210

bump
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.