[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this book a meme ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Is this book a meme ?
>>
Theyre good books, just pick up book 1 and start reading. They're as easy to read as murakami.
>>
>"The resistance to starting a book by Houellebecq is too great. I’m not entirely sure where it comes from, though I do have a suspicion, because the same thing goes for the films of Lars von Trier: When “Antichrist” came out I couldn’t bring myself to see it, neither in the cinema nor at home on the DVD I eventually bought, which remains in its box unwatched. They’re simply too good. What prevents me from reading Houellebecq and watching von Trier is a kind of envy — not that I begrudge them success, but by reading the books and watching the films I would be reminded of how excellent a work of art can be, and of how far beneath that level my own work is" - le Norwegian Proust

This is the cunt that europoors rank as one of their greatest contemporary writers.

I think we can agree America wins again.
>>
>>7988327
He's being ironic, right?
>>
>>7988327
Whats wrong with that
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThCB9lFvzhY

No
>>
>>7988327
How can any writer worth their salt think like this? I always think of Faulkner's statement about the young writer wanting to beat the old writer. That seems like the proper mindset that one writer should have towards another. You want to respect them, sure, but you also think, in your mind, "Fuck him, I'm better than him."
>>
>>7988327
he doesn't know about houellebecq being the GOAT
>>
Both Houellebecq and Trier are pretty overrated
>>
>>7988300
>They're as easy to read as murakami.

kek
>>
>>7988404
Am i wrong?
>>
>>7988409

I assumed that was a supposed to be a subtle jab at My Struggle.
>>
>>7988351
At one point you have to push your narcissistic arrogance to the side, and actually be self-aware for once.
>>
>>7988351
it's called new sincerity anon the pissing contest is over
>>
>>7988300
Are Murakami books bad? I mean being easy to read doesn't automatically make them bad.
>>
>>7988501
Yeah, but you shouldn't relentlessly glower. If you're talented and you know it, you should take some pride in it.
>>
>>7988525
And he does, but he still feels like My Struggle is 'bad literature' because there was literally no revision or rewriting.
>>
>>7988515
His prose (at least in translation, but Murakami says they read better in English anyway so we have to assume this is how he writes) is just bland. Books can be easy to read while having good prose, I just finished A Portrait of the Artist and this was definitely true of that book.
>>
>>7988540
Maybe he's just that good, then. He wouldn't be the first genius whose first drafts were golden.
>>
Great book, still waiting for my German edition to ship
>>
>>7988262
Whether these books are enjoyable or not, will they end up going down in history as 'good literature?' Does Knausgaard actually have anything interesting to say about 'le human condition' or whatever?
>>
>>7988599
I like them, devouring the fifth book now, but to be honest: I don't think so.
>>
File: 1381012961869.jpg (295 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1381012961869.jpg
295 KB, 1280x960
>>7988262

YOUR THREAD IS A MEME
>>
>>7988262
no
>>
>>7988327
top kek I go in every Houellebecq and von Trier knowing it will be mediocre edgy shit to trigger liberals and I'm not wrong.
>>
The first half of the first book should have been titled: 'Trying to Have a Beer With My Underage Friends & I Think My Dad is Cheating'. In fact, that could be the tl;dr.
>>
ITT: People buying the book expecting an aesthetic experience of a novel.

You are the ones who got meme'd.

It's a good read if you know what to expect.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.