[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_14604334177257692-1.jpg (53 KB, 480x386) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14604334177257692-1.jpg
53 KB, 480x386
I've been having too much free time lately, and I've been willing to read good books, would you mention a book (and the genre) that you would definitely recommend?
>>
1984, orwell, dystopian science fiction
>>
The crying of lot 49
It is a book about executing of wills and postal intrigue
>>
The Time Machine by H.G Wells.
A Time Traveller in the Victorian era goes something like 800,000 or so years into the future to cause a ruckus.
>>
File: POV surfin.webm (2 MB, 860x484) Image search: [Google]
POV surfin.webm
2 MB, 860x484
>>7987777
What do you even like?
>>
Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
Its a novel where an imaginary Marco Polo describes imaginary cities he had visited to Kublai Khan. Each city gets its own chapter and cities are grouped into philosophical topics that the city descriptions explore.
>>
>>7988045
death pain and suffering realistically portrayed and relation to chronic mental illness
>>
>>7987777
The Stranger by Camus. It deals with existentialist thought.
>>
File: 1417836712251.jpg (48 KB, 900x677) Image search: [Google]
1417836712251.jpg
48 KB, 900x677
>>7988084
John Green
>>
>>7987777
>FB_IMG_14604334177257692-1.jpg
>>
Here's a /lit/-core collection I found in the archive:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ynxys7d9apcl2dw/kenosha+kid+how-to.zip
>>
Notes from underground.

It contains thoughts and stories from the perspective of a bitter and an isolated man.
>>
Try reading some Greek Tragedies, they deal with the same sorts of passions and entanglements that we all experience but presented in a purer and more concentrated and extreme form.

Try getting The Complete Greek Tragedies edited by Grene and Lattimore

Then maybe read Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy
>>
>>7987777
One should never recommend an entire genre.

There are examples of unpolished turds in every conceivable category of human endeavor.
>>
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIUUUUUUUUUU
>>
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.