[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone actually excited about Alan Moore's Jerusalem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: kfdsldadaxsfs.jpg (776 KB, 831x1245) Image search: [Google]
kfdsldadaxsfs.jpg
776 KB, 831x1245
is anyone actually excited about Alan Moore's Jerusalem? Ive seen some forums praise it as the next Le Mis' which sounds a little far fetched. I am skeptical about buying a 1200 page book that will undoubtedly be occult, mah magicks, ephebiphobia and art is dead bullshit. Also it sounds like its the exact same concept as his Voices of Fire, we get it England is old.

I might still pre order it cause /nerd/ but seriously as a comic fan I fucking hate alan moore and he hates all his fans. its a circlejerk, our lives are meaningless
>>
You guys should read Jerusalem by Selma Lagerlöf instead, that's a good book.
>>
>>7986977
who the fuck
>>
I was excited before realizing it wasn't really about Jerusalem.
>>
>>7987009
Umm only the 1909 Nobel literature prize winner? Hello??
>>
>>7986924
>ephebiphobia
no
>art is dead bullshit
no

>cause /nerd/
kill yourself
>but seriously as a comic fan
kill yourself

>everything that follows
kill yourself, stop trying to pretend you can read
>>
>>7987020
hi
>>
I'm not a comics person, but I read Watchmen and liked it, Moore seems like a smart dude, I will give his magnum opus a shot. Terrible cover.
>>
There's a vid on youtube where Moore reads a chapter off the book, and it's like a POV stream of consciousness as told by a statue who has seen history changing around it. So I guess the book will be like Voice of the Fire 2: Fire A Thousand Pages Harder

So yeah, I'm hype. Might get the ebook before shelling out the cash for the hardcover though.
>>
File: baffled.png (98 KB, 575x548) Image search: [Google]
baffled.png
98 KB, 575x548
>1184 pages
>>
>>7987039
bro your edge is like out of this world
>>
>>7987448
he was like the 80s godfather of comics for sure, but now hes reverted to a brooding teenage angst edgelord. guy thinks he is responsible for the amount of surveillance in London and thinks he is a magician who is putting spells into the world through his comics. hes so arrogant and so moody, its hard to take him seriously. He also sends out threatening letters to people who try to expand on any of his work. just listening to him talk makes me cringe because of how full of himself he is. but yea ill agree with you that watchmen (and also V for vendetta and from hell) are masterpieces but comics have evolved so much that he is literally lost in the new world. just read neonomicon, he just thinks that you can still excite people with dark poetry and scary monsters in the 21st century. hes a serious jerk off
>>
i love moore so i'll certainly buy a copy but i can't imagine myself reading it for quite a while.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.