[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you steal books? I see a lot of greentext stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1444127961634.jpg (2 MB, 900x6491) Image search: [Google]
1444127961634.jpg
2 MB, 900x6491
How many of you steal books? I see a lot of greentext stories of people doing so on here. For you book-thieves, do you think you are justified in doing so? Where do you steal from?
>>
bookzz.org, completely justified

physical book theft isn't even an issue, I just go to the store and read the book then leave if I want it that badly

https://xkcd.com/294/
>>
>>7985468
I fucking love this one. The way you start to feel and then with the very last panel and that NO and that fucking face! Gets me every time.
>>
File: 1443495083134.jpg (108 KB, 1015x1029) Image search: [Google]
1443495083134.jpg
108 KB, 1015x1029
Yeah I do. I bring a backpack to book stores that don't have security cameras, and when no one is around, I take whatever I wanna pick up, store it in the backpack and leave.

The last book I stole was Persuasion.
>>
Stole half the Western Canon in my last year of high school. They hadn't bothered to offer advanced chemistry, physics or history so I had plenty of reason to be sour and plenty of spare time alone in the English dept. I mostly took ex-library books that had been removed from circulation and other forgotten soles who are never taught in school so no I don't feel especially bad.
>>
>>7985524
Is this easy? Which stores do you go to? Is it not easier when they're busy?
>>
File: edge.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>that pic
>>
>>7985485
We slow readers forever neglected and left out
>>
Much easier to steal from libraries imho.
>>
stealing a physical book is never justified but if you're stealing from libraries you're just straight scum
>>
>>7985566
What about from schools where there is an abundance of copies?
A bookstore?
>>
>>7985468
That picture fills me with dread.
>>
>>7985595
>tfw whether or not Pascal's Wager is workable is irrelevant.
>>
>>7985595

It fills me with a mixture of cringe, giddiness and mostly severe fremdschäme.
>>
>>7985468
I have 40.000 pirated ebooks on my notebook. I use a script that searches for open directories on google and wgets evey .ebub, .mobi, etc. it can find.
>>
>>7985601
>>7985595
>Being afraid of made up shit
>>
>>7985623
*Fremdscham
>>
>>7985524
Last time I did that I stole 6
>>
I only purchase a book if the author is still alive.
>>
>>7985534
Yes, it's easy. Just local stores m8. Nah, why would it be?
>>
>>7985540
slow reading is generally more enjoyable though
fast reading is really only useful if you're reading nonfiction
>>
I stole Ada by Nabokov off a random coworkers desk when I worked at a phone bank place.
I read the first few chapters but it was too difficult so I gave up.
>>
>>7986295
Too difficult? How old were you?
>>
>>7985595
>my brain is so important that after it has been reconstituted into the matter of trillions of bacteria its functions will continue in a fashion that I can't explain at all but firmly believe must necessarily exist
wew lad
>>
>>7986310
*tips fedora*

Heaven is real it says so in the Bible.
>>
>>7985524
jennie faggot
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.