[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Sound and the Fury
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: SatF.jpg (39 KB, 277x450) Image search: [Google]
SatF.jpg
39 KB, 277x450
Hey /lit/ I have a big final tomorrow which is over this book, and some others. Hardest book we read this semester so any major themes or concepts I need to remember?
>>
Do your own homework, faggot.
>>
>>7985474
It's called getting other people's interpretations and ideas, nothing wrong with that. Besides I thought the book's great, and will have no trouble discussing it.
>>
>>7985467
decline of the Southern Aristocrat family
dysfunctional family drama
incest/doubling
nihilism - from Mister Compson and from the title
race relations
Christ figure stuff with Benjy
more Christian themes in Reverend Daddy's sermon
futile male attempts to control female sexuality
who's an idiot? (hint who tells the tales? yes, even Harvard boy with the big vocabulary is an idiot in a way)
>>
>>7985467
Do you have class with Dr. Ryan?
>>
>>7985467
Kill yourself my man
>>
They chopped Benjys balls off, and Caddy shit herself
>>
>major themes
Jason Compson as precursor to the modern /pol/ shitposter/memer
>>
>>7985500
>Christ figure stuff with Benjy
>futile male attempts to control female sexuality
Not the OP but can you elaborate on these? I'm curious as I didn't notice these two, especially the first one.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.