[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much do you remember after you read? especially with nonfiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: joj.jpg (201 KB, 1280x1241) Image search: [Google]
joj.jpg
201 KB, 1280x1241
how much do you remember after you read?

especially with nonfiction or abstract stuff - i usually have a hard time recalling enough to discuss anything in great detail afterward. is this normal?
>>
>>7984376
bump
>>
Sure, you aren't supposed to memorize every single book. Specially if you read a lot of random books.
>>
>>7984376
After every reading session explain what you just learned to an imaginary friend. It will substantially boost your retention.
>>
Hey, anon. I've heard that the best way to learn and truly grasp something is to teach it. Maybe the next time you finish a book, you could write out a few paragraphs about it and start a thread, or you could descriptively tell a very patient friend about it.
>>
>>7984447
True.
After every reading session become a TA for a class at a local community college that requires you to teach exactly what you've just read.
>>
>>7984376
Sometimes I have issues with reading too fast, so I have to reread the parts I've missed over again. The retention isn't hard if the book and the subject is interesting.
>>
Almost nothing after I put down the book.
Then 2-3 days later I remember the plot mostly with the important details.
I don't know why.Maybe it just sinks into my brain.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.