[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this man change the course of your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: p186048_b_v8_aa.jpg (312 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p186048_b_v8_aa.jpg
312 KB, 960x1440
How did this man change the course of your life?
>>
For the better.
Books are gateways to other worlds, worlds that expand your point of view.
Good message for people of all ages.
>>
None. Never watched his show. The books he covers looks like pleb shit anyway.
>>
File: wisbone.jpg (48 KB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
wisbone.jpg
48 KB, 300x236
>>7983700
Wishbone was the real patrician child's show.
>>
I understand my Catholic faith on a, at least intellectually deeper level, than most and I can rationalize it to others much better than most can these days. Catholicism has fallen to low levels of understanding, the Church has failed at educating most of my fellows in understanding what we actually believe in.
>>
File: levar blackmin.jpg (24 KB, 288x413) Image search: [Google]
levar blackmin.jpg
24 KB, 288x413
he taught me from child I can get twice AS HIGH AS A BUTTAFLY.

THX RUN DMC 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jGfdU5vSrk
>>
…an essay, in the sequence of its paragraphs, explores a thing from many sides without wholly encompassing it—for a thing wholly encompassed suddenly loses its scope and melts down to a concept.
>>
You have to go back.
>>
Didn't do shit, but I loved his shoe.
>>
>>7983767
What is it that we truly do believe in fellow brethren?
>>
>>7983767
Books to learn more about Catholicism?
>>
File: nice dude.jpg (84 KB, 599x544) Image search: [Google]
nice dude.jpg
84 KB, 599x544
>>7983749
Mah nigga

That was the show that helped me love books.
>>
>>7984533
Joseph Ratzinger has a lot of good stuff on that. You could start with his Salt of the Earth and then Jesus of Nazareth. It's not terribly easy to reduce it to a few books.
You could as far as fiction goes try Graham Greene, Shusaku Endo, Flannery O'Connor, Gene Wolfe, Joyce with his Portrait, Chesterton and Hilaire Belloc.
>>7984519
That Christ, God became man, died, rose from the dead and through his sacrifice our sins have been payed.
>>
>>7983700
Gargoyles got me into literature way more than RR.

I loved reading as a kid but I never gave a shit for the titles the kids on the show talked about. I jumped into stuff like Black Beauty and other kids' longer classics pretty early on.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 500x343
He opened my eyes to the power of words.
>>
>>7983700
I watched the whole Star Trek: The Next Generation Series and later I listened to part of a Star Trek audiobook but it wasn't very good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.