[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cant get through Catch 22, I get easily lost and cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 0031_brainFart.jpg (45 KB, 368x516) Image search: [Google]
0031_brainFart.jpg
45 KB, 368x516
I just cant get through Catch 22, I get easily lost and cant quite grasp what is going on all the time. I really enjoyed The Kingkiller Chronicles though.

Is there any place I can view the book by the difficulty it is to follow?
>>
>>7982937
if you dont understand then just keep going though the book,when your finished reading, read it again. if you still dont get it, read it again. Rinse and repeat until you get it, go as slow or as fast as you need and reread a chapter if you couldnt understand it
>>
>I really enjoyed The Kingkiller Chronicles though
Relevance?

Write down the names of characters with the page they're introduced in if you can't keep track from memory. It's not necessary and you can go through it fine without even understanding much of who does what for the first half but if it makes you feel better...
>>
>>7982978
Oh, just wanted to mention that I could follow that book, which is why I'm on lookout for something new. In the end it doesnt matter I guess.

I see, I'm at about 44% of the book. Its kind of hard to enjoy it when I get lost so easily..

Thanks for the tips though.
>>
>>7982937
try stopping where you are and rereading the book from the start. It will be a quicker read the second time through and it will help you clear up everything you missed
>>
The book is confusing at first but the more you read on the more everything falls into place. This was one of my first real "literature" book I read back in high school. It's worth the confusion.
>>
It gets easier. In the beginning Heller throws a bunch of characters at you and skips from one scene to the next but eventually you'll start to recognize what's going on, "Oh I've seen this scene before and now I'm seeing it again from a different characters perspective"
>>
>>7982937
>I just cant get through Catch 22, I get easily lost and cant quite grasp what is going on all the time. I really enjoyed The Kingkiller Chronicles though.

Have you spoken with a doctor about your Down Syndrome?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.