[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: writingsoftware.png (76 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
writingsoftware.png
76 KB, 1366x768
Hey, I've been using WriteItNow to design the novel I'm currently working on and I'm just wondering if /lit/ knows if there's a better writing software out there.
Any advice would be great!
>pic related its WriteItNow
>>
I like Ulysses. But this seems similar, though the aesthetic is tackier. Ulysses is $50 though. I also use ommwriter on occasion to bang out a stretch of text and MS Word for shorter work.
Celtx for screenplays, MS Word or Celtx for plays
>>
>>7982849
There's a MacOS/Windows writing tool, it went on sale months ago. It looked good and had good reviews.

Can't remember what it was but it let you do characters, storyboards, and allows you to easily organize chapters.
>>
>>7982849
Looks kind of cool.

I'm downloading the demo now.
>>
>>7982860
Ulysses and Ommwriter are both for Mac.
I'm a PC guy that never could afford Steve Jobs "art" pieces..
Its the thought that counts though so thanks for sharing...

I was thinking that there might be some Indi developer with some freeware or just another company that's made something better than Writeitnow is all.

Or just a better system of organizing your characters, locations, notes, ideas, events, etc.. in a program as opposed to multiple directories and the old school digital method.
>>
>>7982849
>Chapters
>Characters
>Events
>Locations
>Graphs
This is where creativity goes to die...
>>
wordpad.

i don't need to be prompted when to make a paragraph break.
>>
Vim + LaTeX + Git
Use directories
>>
scrivener nigga
>>
>>7983173
>organizing your thoughts
>low creativity
>>
>>7982849

LibreOffice
>>
>>7983205
thoughts can be organized, but this is just boxing your thoughts into a novel cookie cutter. I haven't trusted these things since they started coming out for NaNoWriMo.
Stay pleb
>>
>>7983204
WOW, THATS SOME LEGIT SOFTWARE!!
THANK YOU IN OVER 9000 WAYS!!
>https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
>>
>>7983173
You have a great feeling and idea. Write furiously on it. When you're spent, open your nice editing software and instantly see where it fits the best in your novel's framework.

Saves doing it all on paper like Tolkien did (complete with accurate map-making)
>>
File: oS8vLRK.jpg (915 KB, 2048x1245) Image search: [Google]
oS8vLRK.jpg
915 KB, 2048x1245
>>7983379
>he uses software
Get on my level.
>>
>>7983401
>reddit filename

you can have your level for yourself buddy
>>
>>7983406
I had to upload it there then save and post it from my phone as I can't post directly here from my terminal.
>>
I don't mind paid software if it's useful (like Scrivener or something) but Ommwriter is such a clear scam when there are FOSS clones. All style and no substance. If you want ambient music just listen to your Eno collection. I fucking hate developers who make tools that are so far up their own ass with voodoo magic. It's like the software equivalent of Fiji water.
>>
>>7983401
This is the same as that writing software, except clumsy and bad for the paint on your wall.
You all have to learn to think for yourselves.
>>
>>7983243
no prob mayne

there is a torrent on kat.cr for a cracked version of it, works great. it's called "scrivener 1.8" or something like that. think it's the only working torrent for it on the internet
>>
>>7983183
this nigga knows what's up
do it, faggot. LERN2LATEX
>>
>>7982887
Ommwriter is also available on PC. It isn't what you are looking for though.
>>
>>7982849
Scrivener, mainly because of its export options.
>>
>>7984118
Yea man thanks again I like it better than writeitnow.
As a token of my appreciation I advise you to pick up FinalDraft for screenplay construction.
Its at the tippy top of the elite list and is a critical must have for any digital tool box..

Regards good Anon, Highest regards~
>>
>>7983441
>clearly buttflustered at the callout
>>
Abiword. Simple, small, free word processor. Need more?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.