[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so I've seen several Anons post how White Noise was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: WhiteNoiseMichaelChoCoverPoster.jpg (187 KB, 660x434) Image search: [Google]
WhiteNoiseMichaelChoCoverPoster.jpg
187 KB, 660x434
Okay, so I've seen several Anons post how White Noise was a good book but how, strangely, they can't seem to remember too much of what actually took place in it. Well, I'll offer a suggestion. It's because the book deals with the concept of death as one of its main themes. Not just death, but the nuances surrounding how death is perceived in society. Don't you think that is something that we, as people, would prefer not to think about? Perhaps we're subconsciously veering away from a full recollection of the book because it forces us to face our own mortality in a way that is somewhat more far-reaching than in other books? #edgy.
>>
File: white-noise-cover1.jpg (231 KB, 734x1024) Image search: [Google]
white-noise-cover1.jpg
231 KB, 734x1024
I think you got a good point, anon.
>>
>>7982806
Thanks, I guess. What was your experience reading it? What stood out the most?
>>
>>7982796
I need to reread this. Strange book. Ersatz elegiac epiphanies
>>
>>7982817
I liked the conversations between Jack and Babette.
>>
>>7982796
Heinrich was definitely my fave character. Shame he seemed to be loosing his hair, though. I highly suspect it was because of his exposure to some toxic chemicals. No one that young should be bald.
>>
>>7982832
Yes, I remember those. They were weird in that they were so un-emotional. Babette gets called out for her affair, but Jack never raises his voice. It's like a debate. Facts and figures.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.