[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harper Lee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: go-set-a-watchman-harper-lee.jpg (189 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
go-set-a-watchman-harper-lee.jpg
189 KB, 1100x1100
Did anyone read this?
>>
>>7982710
>being a nigger-lover
>>
Yup. Most every review I've read says it ruins Atticus Finch as the "perfect role model", but if that's there only harp, then they're too juvenile to separate the two novels.

GSAW has Scout revisiting her hometown, and Atticus is a bit different...

Without talking about it too much, I'll say that it resonates with me, how you see your parents for you who they really are after you grow up, compared to as you saw them when you were a kid.

I recommend it.
>>
>>7982730
>TFW dad taught me as a boy to look at the world with soft eyes and an open mind and to let things wash over you
>now he watches Fox News all day and spends a great deal of time and energy being angry that there are too many gays on TV
>>
>>7982739
This is genuinely very upsetting. Can relate a lot.
>>
"Go set a watchmen" is a Biblical phrase which, I think, is gotten from the book of Isaiah.
>>
>>7982745
honestly it's true though. fuck flamboyant gay people. they are annoying. also fuck flamboyant gangsters like riff raff. fuck flamboyant metal heads. fuck flamboyant weaboos. they are all annoying. if gay people could just learn to act straight everything would be fine.
>>
>>7982759
le conformist man
>>
>>7982710
Yeah, I read it about a four months ago. It was decent, I thought it was much better than Mockingbird. Still, nothing to write home about.
>>
>>7982759
>act straight
You mean "act normal, like a human being," and I agree.
>>
>>7982759
The "on TV" part is where it becomes ridiculous to be upset. Lashing out at a scripted portrayal of something that barely exists in your own community is pretty stupid.
>>
>>7982768
yeah I feel that. funny story (probably not) . I had a regional manager who was gay when I worked for a company back in the day. we were out on business and he finally tells me he's gay. I had no idea really. what ever. we're shopping for clothes and he picks out the gayest looking bow tie and says "doesn't this look great on me". I'm like "uhhh" and he smacks me in the stomach and says "Jimmy I'm kidding. I might be a faggot but I sure don't wanna look like one ". he cracks up. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or not.
>>
>>7982784
I used to be all for 'gay rights' and stuff but you can't deny it has gone too far... Now you got 10 year old kids going transgender and all, makes me think the leftist media has a hidden agenda
>>
>>7982789
go to bed jimmy
>>
>>7982790
>10 year old kids going transgender
source please
>>
>>7982789
That sounds nice. I live in a college town, so the gays I've met have all been pretty obnoxious.
I've met one nice lesbian.
>>
>>7982790
Gays and trans are hardly the same thing. Some of them may align but a lot of relatively "normal" gay men want nothing to do with the rest of it, as do a lot of the more serious feminists.

Really sounds like you have an unrealistic, flyover-tier view of the culture.
>>
>>7982784
It just gets annoying to constantly get an assortment of minorities shoved in your face. The fact that they are severely overrepresented in every medium only makes it worse.
>>
Harper Lee singlehandedly killed the American novel.
>>
File: 1423078524078.png (47 KB, 318x317) Image search: [Google]
1423078524078.png
47 KB, 318x317
>>7982790
>Berry [who works for the LGBT{etc} rights thing] says he's been to 42 countries over the past year and always consults with local activists to get a better sense of what they'd like him to do or to say and how hard to push their agenda with local government officials.

literally a gay agenda

npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=476033591
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 529x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 529x527
>>7982809
>shoved in your face
Maybe on prole-kibble media you should be ignoring anyway if you have a shred of taste.

>>7982816
Wow people lobby for their own interest no way
>>
>>7982816
That's why I respect Russia and Iran, they get hate for standing up to the Gay World Order.
>>
File: 10KING092913.jpg (998 KB, 1436x1086) Image search: [Google]
10KING092913.jpg
998 KB, 1436x1086
>>7982812
Oh did she now?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>7982739
I feel like 'they' (if you catch my drift) are trying real hard to normalise and promote the gay/lgbtqwtf lifestile, TV, ads, even here on 4chan...
>>
>>7982853
It's just misguided do-gooders who think that well-off white gay men are regularly assaulted and abused by straight white homophobes who might be reached by such propaganda when in fact those stats are mostly a ghetto thing where they beat up trannies, who are way more common in the hood than you might think.

So basically "they" are trying to signal how good they are by addressing something they think is a problem in an ineffective way that inadvertently triggers you. The main reason they don't stop is that controversy sells.
>>
>>7982824
The reason it struck me was that the terminology that opponents of homosexuality had once used by to describe the normalization of homosexuality is now used by the proponents of homosexuality.

Where once talk of a "gay agenda" seemed like that of a paranoid, out of touch elder lunatic, it is now used publicly by homosexuals.

I thought it was very interesting, and it made me scream when I'd heard it on my way to school.
>>7982835
They're pretty cool about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r70uc9vcJk

skip to 0:55
>>
OP here. What is the book about? Scout turns into a lesbo and Atticus goes in for the slam?
>>
>>7982853
I'm gay and I can confirm, the only thing we do all day is review 4chan posts to see which ones are harmful to our agenda.
>>
>>7982869
Russia can't afford to let its population keep dropping though.
>>
>>7982869
Russia post-1991 is meme utopia
https://www.bizarrepedia.com/tesak/
>>
File: sam b.jpg (27 KB, 350x471) Image search: [Google]
sam b.jpg
27 KB, 350x471
>>7982893
I just said that they're pretty cool about THAT.

>>7982890
>Russia can't afford to let its population keep dropping though.
picrelated
I don't think your intention was to imply that homosexuals could increase a nation's population or that homosexuals could make up a substantial portion of a nation's population.

What did you mean?
>>
>>7982710
Read it in highschool.
>>
>>7982913
Why would Russia want a bunch of gays who can't make kiddos?
>>
File: my bait.jpg (120 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
my bait.jpg
120 KB, 500x491
>>7982890
>>7982927
kek my lip hurts
>>
>>7982932
cute image desu
>>
>>7982920
>falling for bait this hard
>>
>>7982710
I've been meaning to.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.