[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What themes does /lit/ like in their fictional literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What themes does /lit/ like in their fictional literature?
>>
how humanity deals with the apparent meaningless of life and the universe.
>>
>>7980859
What fictional literature did you read that contained themes of that?
>>
>>7980857
depression and the soul crippling tedium of human existence
>>
>>7980857
chill guys on the fringe who take it easy and don't play the game
>>
>>7980862

Not him, but most of existential literature is like that.
>>
>>7980857
The general deconstruction of the idea of heroes. Anything that makes me ask whether the "good guy" is really a good at all.
>>
The steady decline of good people into figures of compromise - the slow and romantic breaking of a noble ideal.
>>
i like books where the book kills itself
>>
>>7980915
I like this answer...what book is like this?
>>
>>7980913
Read Martin Amis's The Information. Not so much about heroes (though at one point there's a short but fascinating discussion on how the concept of heroes has changed throughout history), but it really fucks with your understanding of the two main characters as the book goes on.
>>
Pretentious anti hero's
>>
>>7980926
all of modernism and most of what came after

i like books exploring relationships between and about art and artist.
>>
>>7980915
Soooooo breaking bad
>>
>>7980857
sympathy for tyranny
>>
>>7980857

I'm a fan of anti-drama. The apparent nothingness of life contrasted with the epicness and melodrama of art and literature. Joyce's work is.a good example. The Greeks would be the exact opposite.
>>
The loneliness.
>>
Realizing you aren't that different from everyone else but you're still important anyways in your own significance
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.