[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Clancy/ here? Why does /lit/ think he's pleb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Who /Clancy/ here?

Why does /lit/ think he's pleb?
>>
>>7980628
Even the rightwing minority here don't strike me as warhawks of the American sort.

He's more remembered as that guy who makes money off of games.
So the e/lit/ists categorize him "pleb"

Personally, I couldn't get through Debt of Honor. lost interest.
>>
I think his books would be far better if he cut out the filler.
>>
>>7980727
But then he wouldn't have books
>>
His prose is passable at best,
and at his worst, well...
To his credit he never tried to pass off his fictions as anything more than cheap thrills.
His portrayals of certain institutions and organizations (or rather his parodies of) in his fiction are the butt of jokes in the relevant communties.
Akin to /lit/ appreciation for wordsworth classics covers.
>>
I don't typically like writing authors off as complete and total hacks, but Clancy and James Patterson are the exceptions. Clancy's prose is manufactured--that's why even now after his death there are books being issued under his banner. He didn't write them, but he might as well have. He's a product, not a writer.
>>
I absolutely loved The Bear and the Dragon. It was a really illuminating look at how insane the American worldview can actually be at times.
>Chinese government is made up of incompetent rapists who stand around and cackle about how they're going to fuck over America
>did I mention Mao raped little girls, I HOPE I MENTIONED THAT ENOUGH TIMES GUYS
>the Chinese police are so cruel and awful they would literally beat a man to death for trying to stop them aborting a woman's baby
>Russians just want to be like the US, really! They're so cute and cuddly without the evils of communism warping their brains
>Washington would be a great place full of honest, decent people if only all the Democrats died in a plane crash
>Russia joining NATO and the US/Russian militaries beating up a PLA that hasn't changed since the Cultural Revolution basically
>the frequent sex scenes

It was incredible.
>>
The Hunt for the Red October bored me to tears.
His works is what I would consider "paperback" at best
Cheap books for you to have some cheap shallow fun with.Nothing deep,nothing meaningfull,just entertainment.
>>
File: 1085899-rb6box.jpg (73 KB, 432x500) Image search: [Google]
1085899-rb6box.jpg
73 KB, 432x500
I read Rainbow Six as a kid and thought it was terrible. I loved the first game though. Was responsible for about ten years of military fetishism and insufferable conservatism during my formative years.
>>
I have The Hunt for Red October in my backlog of books to read. I never read anything from him and I tend not to listen to /lit/ about books so I'm going in it not expecting anything.
>>
>>7981756
>insufferable conservativism
What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>7980843

kek

I read one in high school about these arab terrorists who attack a mall in America. They're all described as perverts as if being a terrorist wasn't bad enough on it's own. Some brave Americans save the day because they're trying on basketball shoes at the mall and have their guns.
>>
>>7981756
I loved this game so much as a kid.

Even looking at the screen shots on google images brought back some happy memories.

I hate video games now. Good times though.
>>
>>7981819
>gameboy
anon, that's gay
>>
>>7981869
more like gay boy am I right
>>
>>7980710
The Hunt for Red October, Without Remorse, and The Sum of All Fears are pretty solid. Its clearly genre fiction and thus meant to be read on the toilet or on the beach, and others, like Larry Bond, Alistair McClean, Robert Ludlum and especially John le Carré do it much better without the jingoism

>>7980628
>Starting with Debt of Honor
>>
>>7980628
go to bed dad
>>
>>7981803
The time when he thought he could be a productive member of society. Normally replaced by NEET status.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.