[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just finished pic related and I think it's his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: The_Pale_King.jpg (15 KB, 200x297) Image search: [Google]
The_Pale_King.jpg
15 KB, 200x297
I've just finished pic related and I think it's his best work, much better and more mature than IJ. The Chris Fogle chapter is along with Good Old Neon the best thing I've ever read by Wallace and maybe even among the best things I've ever read in general. When he spoke about his father and discovered that he might have been not as stiff and empty as he always imagined him to be I nearly cried. I swear. I'm Writer
Immediately after I've finished the book, I read the notes DFW left and it's too sad that he couldn't finish it, especially the relationship between Meredith Rand, her husband and this autist could have become extremely interesting.

What were your favorite chapters and how did you like the book? And can anyone tell me 1) what this paranormal levitating and phantom shit was about and 2) who this grumpy and sad kid in the look back in chapter 23 was?
>>
My favorite chapter was the one I've told to another anon at the DFW thread created 15 mins ago. The two questions you're asking though, I answered them at that 3 hours old DFW thread (not the first one!). I'm confused, so many DFWs!
>>
>>7980592
The Toni Ware introduction, Chris Fogle introduction, and the "metafictional titty-pinching" is all great.

I'm actually still reading it right now but it definitely has the potential to unthrone IJ for me. Unfortunately, I think it's unfinished state might prevent it from crossing that threshold.
>>
The chapter with the young couple at the lake is my favorite.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.