[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audio Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
What do you think of audio books?
Do you use them?
>>
Never tried them but don't outright hate them
>>
>>7980191
/lit/ approved: non-fiction when working out or traveling
pleb approved: replacing the reading of literature with audible
>>
>>7980206
this
They are probably nice for some books, it depends on the style
>>
It is decent.
>>
If you can focus as well on an audiobook as you can on a regular book then there is no difference to get mad about.
Some books might even gain something with the audio, while I'm sure some lose something. Either way it's not a huge difference.
I know because my eyes have been bad lately so audiobooks are my only choice.
>>
I do, anyway. Just finished the first third of Anna Karenina during mealtimes, car rides, and walks. Also learned a lot about normans before that.
They're pretty good desu, especially when you're in a position where actually reading is a no-no. I still read actual books, but it's good for filling in the gaps
>>
>>7980191
They are ok IF the voice fits the story.
I am into Lovecraft and there is one guy who makes the stories amazing. Wayne June. He even did the voiceover for the Lovecraftian game Darkest Dungeon. But otherwise I sometimes get annoyed because you have to keep at the pace of the reader.
>>
>>7980191
I love them for going on a long walk or hike.

Sometimes I feel like a long walk is a waste of time but it doesn't when I have an audio book with me.

Syncing up with a real book is easy because you just wait for the chapter on the audio book to end.
>>
>>7980191
Autobiographies spoken by the author are great. Sometimes it's nice to just have someone talk about themselves.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.