[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Of Voluntary Death >Truly, I do not want to be like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
>Of Voluntary Death

>Truly, I do not want to be like the rope makers:they spin out their yarn and as a result continually go backwards themselves.

What does he mean by this?
>>
Well the communists say the last capitalist they hang will be the one that sold them the rope. Nietzsche didn't want to voluntarily die, so he didn't want to be a capitalist rope maker.
>>
>>7979300
I believe that he is referring to people who come up with one idea and then stick to it steadfastly, continually developing the one idea, and in doing so get 'left behind' in their own thought, since despite all the extrapolation they are still based in that one old idea that they had long ago. He, instead, looks to destroy his own ideas and come up with new and better ones. That way he will always make progress towards his highest possible self.
>>
He's being silly. You can't spin yam and even if you could it would not cause you go to backwards.

Also, he grew that mustache as a joke. The man had a diabolical sense of humor.
>>
>>7979417
He also gave one of his female friends a toad as a present, advising that she paint a picture of it since she was into painting thus creating the first frogposter. his genealogy of morality also heavily foreshadows Dawkins and his meme. He was basically the original meme master. His memes were so dank they're still fresh 100 years later.
>>
>>7979639
probably one of the biggest historical shitposters out there
>>
Maybe I'm just projecting but out of context it seems like he's talking about people who live externally instead of internally, who are so focused on material achievement and gain that they lose sight of their essence
>>
>>7979300
Like abseiling the wall of a cliff. Rather than allowing themselves, WILLING themselves to fall down the cliff (death), they tie ropes around their waists, and scale down it slowly, moving backwards. They don't look death in the face, they still look up; they don't will death, they resent and fear it; they creep into it, ignobly, stretching out their life for longer than it should be allowed.

That passage is about dying at the right time. To die at the right time means to will your own death, and one can only feel like that if they lived at the right time — if they were true to themselves throughout life. If you are not true to yourself, you'll feel incomplete, you'll want more from life than you received, and you'll resent death.

i.e. the strongest spirits, who have lived the healthiest lives (because they lived true to themselves), in the end, wish for death: they feel whole and centered, and wish to perish for the sake of a greater future.
>>
>>7980255
HATH is basically full of his shitposting, mixed with good ideas.

He himself even said that the masterful author knows how to use mediocrity well, because too many good ideas in close succession confuse a reader. So he intentionally filled his works with shitposting to give your brain a rest in between his cleverest memes.
>>
>>7980271
Little to literal. I took it as a mix of what this guy said>>7979367
And highlighting the fact your spending your time doing a horribly simple task for capital gain
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.