[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: bataille.png (240 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
bataille.png
240 KB, 300x462
Looking for recommendations to get into deeper works of nihilism. Not really for any other purpose than the kind of wild appreciation that comes with confronting the insanity of the world. Need not be works of literature, I'm actually hoping for some philosophy recommendations as well. Figured I would start the thread here though instead of /his/ in that literary recommendations are fine too, and I'm not really looking to discuss nihilism as a conceptual "framework." Also, smut is fine too. Hogg, etc.

>inb4 fedora bullshit
>inb4 Bataille isn't a nihilist. I know. But his works tend in that direction.
>>
File: turgenev.jpg (14 KB, 186x300) Image search: [Google]
turgenev.jpg
14 KB, 186x300
will bump with a few further works.
>>
What do u hope to get out of Nhilism?
Its meaningless to believe in nhilism as well as practice it if that's what u truly believe
>>
>>7979021
It's not what I believe. It's just fun to indulge in every now and then.

I'm actually quite concerned about nihilism, in the Heideggerian/Nietzschean sense. But as far as literature and philosophy? It's not bad to entertain/understand or at least appreciate on a certain level.
>>
>>7979018

Shakespeare's great tragedies are very nihilistic, and also are his comedies but on a lesser intensity.
>>
>>7979018
Kill yourself and become God. It's the only way.
>>
File: othod.jpg (12 KB, 195x300) Image search: [Google]
othod.jpg
12 KB, 195x300
>>
>>7979031
Okay, thanks. It's been far too long since I've read Shakespeare. Perhaps I'll take a look at that soon. Although, admittedly, he's not quite what I'm hoping to read. But perhaps with this type of approach to his works I'll get something new out of it.
>>
File: land.jpg (10 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
land.jpg
10 KB, 194x300
the recent meme that has been catching attention here... which is kind of interesting.
>>
File: hogg.jpg (11 KB, 205x300) Image search: [Google]
hogg.jpg
11 KB, 205x300
"feminist" smut
>>
Ray Brassier
Eugene Thacker
>>
File: jeanne.jpg (32 KB, 296x444) Image search: [Google]
jeanne.jpg
32 KB, 296x444
>>7979043
>Eugene Thacker
Thank you. I actually just got accepted to NSSR's grad program, but of course: no funding.

Some "nihilist" (Batailledean) film.
>>
File: salo.jpg (29 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
salo.jpg
29 KB, 600x420
>>
>>7979033
>>7979036
These are good. Also try and find some Lev Shestov. He talks about nihilism in his works, tho he is no nihilist. Also good novels are Diary of a Superfluous Man and a Hero of our Time.
>>
File: michaux.gif (23 KB, 286x475) Image search: [Google]
michaux.gif
23 KB, 286x475
>>7979273
Merci.

What of pic related? I know he was influential on Deleuze/Guattari, but has anyone read him? Any work in particular aside from pic?
>>
>>7979296
This is a great book, a weirdly poetic and clinical description of his drug intake.
>>
>>7979296
I forgot to add you could read "Plume", a collection of poems featuring a somewhat otherworldly character.
>>
>>7979718
Alright, great. Thank you.

Keep em coming mes amis.
>>
File: lermontov.jpg (27 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
lermontov.jpg
27 KB, 306x475
>>7979018
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.