[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ help me out? I'm looking for a good fantasy series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: new spring.jpg (369 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
new spring.jpg
369 KB, 1024x755
Can /lit/ help me out?
I'm looking for a good fantasy series to read.
Already read Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings and A Song of Fire and Ice.

And no D&D or vidya related books please.
>>
read the once and future king you stupid fuck. it's actually not shit like all those other books
>>
>>7977540
the iliad
>>
>>7977540
you can try the First Law Trilogy or the Mistborn series, they're pretty acceptable
>>
File: 1475_The_Chequered_Floor.jpg (475 KB, 948x1350) Image search: [Google]
1475_The_Chequered_Floor.jpg
475 KB, 948x1350
the (Knight, Queen King) of the Swords, by Michael Moorcock. but if you read those, you'll have to read the Elric books as well. and Erekose. and Dorian Hawkmoon. and the Dancers at the End of Time. and all of the other Eternal Champion books, 'cause they're all interwoven.

then you'll have to read the Jerry Cornelius books and you'll be all WTF.

(pic related, it's from Elric at the End of Time)
>>
File: Dragonlance_Chronicles.jpg (43 KB, 314x500) Image search: [Google]
Dragonlance_Chronicles.jpg
43 KB, 314x500
>>7977540
Arthur C. Clarke - Venus Prime
J. J. Benitez - Trojan Horse
Lloyd Alexander - The Chronicles of Prydain
Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time
Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman - Dragonlance: Chronicles
Michael Moorcock - Chronicles Of Corum
Michael Moorcock - The Elric Saga
Pierre Boulle - Planet of the Apes
Robert E. Howard - Conan the Barbarian
Terry Pratchett - Discworld
Thomas Harris - Hannibal Lecter
>>
that's what the containment thread is for
>>7973352
sheesh
>>
File: 1473_Corum_Escapes.jpg (678 KB, 991x1450) Image search: [Google]
1473_Corum_Escapes.jpg
678 KB, 991x1450
>>7978880
>Michael Moorcock - Chronicles Of Corum

just gonna point out that the first three books of this are the Knight, Queen and King of Swords.. and the second three didn't seem quite as good, being retreads of welsh myth.

("Corum Escapes", from the Knight of the Swords)
>>
king killer chronicle by patrick rothfus
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.