[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: atheory.png (113 KB, 319x266) Image search: [Google]
atheory.png
113 KB, 319x266
Hey /Lit/ I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me find a book I've been looking for. I've been looking for it for about four years now? I checked it out from the library about 2007-2010, it was hardcover. The problem that has impeded my search the most is that the plot (from what I can recall) was sky pirates run around and do politics. It was the first part of a series, but it didn't get much popularity as I haven't yet found it on any lists.

What I know for certain:
The main character was male
The city floated, there was a thick cover of clouds that separated the sky from the ground and it was believed that if you went below the clouds, you would die.
There was a nunnery or city that was razed to the ground in the final chapters, like it was brutally described (or it seemed brutal to me, I would've been 11-14 during this period and honestly? Pretty sheltered)

What I'm iffy on:
I'm pretty sure the nuns, priests were silent
The main cast of characters might have went below the clouds at one point, which catalyzed the climax
The cover was tan, with reds and blues. I'm pretty sure the style was similar to something drawn by Tom Kidd.

With all of this, I'm eighty percent sure it was steampunk, or something similar. I know that gets a bad rep around here and I get it, but I'm not particularly looking for this because it was good, but nostalgia is a powerful motivator.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
>>
Follow up question: are there any databases that categorize books on plot elements? Perhaps I could check there. Right now I've used GoodReads and then another site someone from the AbeBooks Book Finder sent me (which seems to be missing quite a bit)
>>
File: the-edge-chronicles-1-728.jpg (174 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
the-edge-chronicles-1-728.jpg
174 KB, 728x546
sounds like an edge chronicles book
>>
File: theinfernalcity5802.jpg (39 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
theinfernalcity5802.jpg
39 KB, 580x350
>>7977334
probably a hail mary, but could this be it? it's all about a floating city that appears out of nowhere, and i know the ancestor monk moths are blind, but not deaf.

i've never read the book, though

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UZ5J22/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1
>>
>>7977474
I can't say that the covers look familiar, and the plot details for the books I'm looking at doesn't ring a bell, but they are in at my library, so I'll thumb through when I go on Saturday, thank you very much!

>>7977484
I'm certain this wasn't it. The story took place on the city, not in it's shadow. Thank you for trying though, any suggestion helps!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.