[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Crime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 81WHw5CgveL.jpg (493 KB, 1544x2560) Image search: [Google]
81WHw5CgveL.jpg
493 KB, 1544x2560
ITT: Recommend best true crimes books.
>>
Zodiac was good
>>
Helter Skelter
Other books by Graysmith are pretty alright. The Amerithrax one I remember liking.
>>
File: 5632446.jpg (11 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
5632446.jpg
11 KB, 313x475
>>7976075
Yeah.
>>7976082
I have read some other stuff on Manson and know a lot on the whole Manson Family ordeal. Is Helter Skelter worth the read?
>>
>>7976062
In Cold Blood
>>
>>7976082
My mom has an old paperback of Helter Skelter. I should check it out sometime.
>>
>>7976062
Helter Skelter and Outrage by Bugliosi
>>
>>7976093
>Is Helter Skelter worth the read?
Its probably scarier than any horror book I know. Not only that but Bugliosi had a personal relationship with Manson, and as you may know was the lead prosecutor for the Tate murders.

I read it when I was like 8 and my mom screamed at me and threw away the copy.

I bought another 10 years later
>>
File: 51CgK5tPG2L.jpg (47 KB, 310x500) Image search: [Google]
51CgK5tPG2L.jpg
47 KB, 310x500
>>7976062
Also the Jon Benet book by the detective
>>
>>7976093
Oh yeah. It's pretty good. I personally was more interested in the legal aspects of the Manson story so I was very pleased. Only about 100 pages is dedicated to the crimes themselves from what I remember.
>>
File: PEDSSsFlDOcC.jpg (12 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
PEDSSsFlDOcC.jpg
12 KB, 300x450
>>7976062
I was thinking about starting a thread on this. Thanks.

I'll look into the Zodiac book. Right now I've just been looking around for recommendations.

>>7976225
Was thinking about reading this. The only thing bad I've seen mentioned about it was that the author spends a lot of time talking about herself rather than Bundy, or her relationship with him. I guess I'll give it a read.

Right now I'm reading Through the Window, which is about Tommy Lynn Sells. Despite so many positive reviews saying it is well written, I have to disagree. The way it's laid out jumps around quite a bit and a few times the author talks about one part of the story, then in the last sentence of a chapter says something like: Then the next day two people in x town were brutally murdered. It just comes out of the blue. The writing itself is pretty bad at times,saying thinks like: "The monster under her bed was real!"

It's not very long and I'm about halfway through it, so I will definitely finish it. The subject is interesting enough for me, though I will probably think twice about reading another book by the same author.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 1294x1230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 1294x1230
What does th' note saye, /lit/?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.