[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mircea Eliade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Mircea.eliade.jpg (12 KB, 248x321) Image search: [Google]
Mircea.eliade.jpg
12 KB, 248x321
I have recently taken an interest in Mircea Eliade, but don't know if he's worth reading or not. For example: Is "The Sacred and the Profane" worth my time?

Any recommendations? - Both in terms of fictional works and his research.
>>
I read The Old Man and the Bureaucrats which was pretty good. Short too. Eternal return is his recommended starting place for his research.
>>
i date rich teenagers who go to prep schools and i understand why john green is a thing

imagine an entire high school full of thousands of self-important rich people who get their political opinions from youtube channels and embody john green characters
>>
>>7975567
how did this end up in the mircea eliade thread instead of the john green thread

well whatever i am also a crypto-fascist and eliade is pretty good
>>
it depends on your interests desu... i remember i read that one in one of my anthropology classes and it was quite a stimulating read to start into all the mythic relationship to social and symbolic organization etc.

im not sure what someone not interested in anthropology or history of religion would make with his stuff, but im sure it wont be useless.
>>
>>7975501
I've only read his History of Religion books. They are top notch.
>>
Anyone read his yoga book?
>>
his Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy is excellent.

thorough, well written and organized.

Highly academic in tone, extremely dense.

If you're interested in the bloody, messy, real origins of religion - this is the book
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.