[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a "pseud"? Is it just another way for trolls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bored-teen.jpg (43 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
bored-teen.jpg
43 KB, 448x300
What is a "pseud"? Is it just another way for trolls to call people gay without calling them gay?
>>
>>7974648
If you wish to know, look deep within yourself.
>>
>>7974648
OP is a pseud.
>>
pseud
sjuːd/Submit
nounBRITISHinformal
a pretentious person, especially one who claims to know a great deal about art, literature, etc.
"this method is the refuge of the charlatan, the pseud, and the modestly talented"
synonyms: pretentious person, poser, poseur, show-off, sham, fraud; informalphoney
"what a pseud to tell her she had a Pre-Raphaelite face!"
>>
>>7974674
americans can't into the bantz
>>
pseud is this week's derogatory term.

last week's was cuck.

week before that, pleb.

before that, zizekshitposter.
>>
>>7974674
>informalphoney
I'm going in love with that word.
>>
>>7974674
I know a pseud. She pretends she is about privacy but moved from skype to fucking discord. She also told me she doesn't talk to non-intellects and only reads textbooks about AI. It's hilarious listening to her speak.
>>
>>7974721
i'm starting to really like "fag"
>>
>>7974648

Someone who acts out a ridiculous pantomime of what they think smart people are like, without actually accomplishing any of the things smart people accomplish.
>>
>>7974677
what
>>
>>7974648
It's a contraction of pseudo, as in pseudo intellectual, which anyone who does not know that is.
>>
>>7974648
It describes your classic idiot on /lit/. The kind of person who only reads fantasy or scifi, thinks that Ayn Rand had some pretty good ideas, and reads Nietzsche without any philosophical background and goes around telling everyone god is dead.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.