[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favorite adventure novel? Something that makes you feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: hiking checklist 460.jpg (133 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
hiking checklist 460.jpg
133 KB, 460x345
Your favorite adventure novel?

Something that makes you feel like going outside on an adventure in the wild/semi wild.

Hobbit/LotR gave me that feeling when I was younger. The Lost World - Conan Doyle was a recent one.
>>
Blood meridian and suttree are pretty good at this in their own weird way. Narnia too. Havent read on the road but I would assume that. Get that feeling the most when looking through an atlas though, I love my atlas.
>>
>>7973888
>>Herman Melville's Typee
>>
File: 1293652465846.jpg (36 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1293652465846.jpg
36 KB, 200x200
>not living your own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVoAijFMao
>>
>>7973888
'The Long Ships' by Frans G. Bengtsson.
>>
>>7973948
What is this shit?

Quitting your job and being a bum around the US is considered an adventure? Is this some millennial shit that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>7973963
Quixotic maybe, but not an adventure?
>>
>>7973963
What is your idea of an adventure.
>>
>>
>>7973980
Giant snakes, magic flutes, and an evil moon queen who uses her daughter to murder the the king of the sun.

>>7973966
It doesn't look like he's doing anything though. That video reminds me a lot of something like Catcher in the Rye or Lost in Translation. I feel more depressed watching it, because it sounds like he's doing something awesome, quitting his job and exploring the world, but in reality he's just quitting his job and walking around doing the same shitty things that he could do with a job after work.
>>
File: 1326563867382.png (34 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1326563867382.png
34 KB, 493x402
>>7973990

>mfw reading the "About" section on his youtube page
>>
>>7973990
Hes traveling for the pure aesthetic bliss of traveling.
>>
>>7974012
It fits I guess. Life sucks and is disappointing, and in the end nothing you do actually matters at all.

Excitement is only temporary and eventually becomes mundane. The best you can hope for in life is to be content and not bored in the long run.
>>
>>7973888
The Guns of Navarone
>>
>>7973909
Love that cover.
>>
The Adventures of Civho Pievdi
>>
>>7973888
Anything by Jules Verne or Edgar Rice Burroughs
>>
File: thatsnotquetzalcoatl.jpg (49 KB, 325x499) Image search: [Google]
thatsnotquetzalcoatl.jpg
49 KB, 325x499
Living in Mexico this makes me feel like going out and explore all the places the MC travels to but then I remember that almost everything he talks about has been destroyed or I've already been to those places or the MC explains that even in his time those places sucked ass.

Still makes the region feel a lot more alive and interesting than nowadays.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.