[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proof Reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Star Trek roleplay.jpg (163 KB, 920x890) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek roleplay.jpg
163 KB, 920x890
I could use some help with my first blog,

http://nextlevelscifi.kinja.com/star-trek-in-second-life-a-not-so-friendly-away-missi-1773512253?rev=1461803301110#

It's the first time I've tried to write an article
>>
>>7973236
Kill yourself
>>
Watch run-on sentences and verb tenses.

>>7973236
Space! The final frontier. On the 8th of September, 1966, Gene Roddenberry launched the first television episode to feature the continuing missions of the Starship Enterprise. Though the initial series only ran for three seasons (the third having to be petitioned by fans), what was created was historical television that spawned many shows that would follow in its footsteps.

In this show writer Gene Roddenberry constructed a fantastic future in which technology allowed humanity to create a near perfect utopia where exploring "strange new worlds" is the priority. A number of fans have taken to recreate this setting in a virtual world called “Second Life”, a game created by studio Linden Labs. Upon learning about this I was thrilled to go explore what these fans had created, however making an account and exploring this "strange new world" turned out to be a rather stressful and disappointing experience.

My first destination was Federation 12th Fleet. I explored the sets briefly, however I didn’t discover much worthwhile there. Apart from the fact there were no real people, I couldn’t get a single person on sim to speak with me. After several minutes of exploration with my free Tricorder from the Star Trek Museum, a Mr. ‘John T Hartman’ approached and informed me that since I was "only one day old" I needed to leave. I attempted to communicate with him via voice chat, to inform him I was working on a Sci-Fi blog, but to no avail. He simply yelled at me and outright accused me of being there with the sole purpose of causing trouble (however you do that in a video game?). Before apologizing for trespassing on what I assumed was a public group I was immediately kicked and banned from ever returning... oh well... much sadness... I decided to just go find somebody who wasn’t a special snowflake.

After my rather disappointing first contact, I decided to explore the sim with the second most amount of ‘traffic’: Solaris Station. I found that it didn’t look very much like Star Trek, and had nobody there except a member from another group. Finally! Successful first contact, I spoke with this individual for several minutes and received warnings for having visited several other sims (12th Fleet included), but was soon invited to visit an unfinished sim called “Starfleet Alpha”. I had a wonderful talk with several people, however it was around this time I decided Second Life wasn’t for me!
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.