[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 1 minute to explain why you have not read this: htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: vlcsnap-2015-10-17-08h27m46s651.png (757 KB, 1184x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-10-17-08h27m46s651.png
757 KB, 1184x720
You have 1 minute to explain why you have not read this: https://istifhane.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/beforethelaw.pdf

go.
>>
I haven't been allowed.
>>
>>7972829
b-but i did
(and i also saw the orson welles' movie with that intro)
>>
>>7974576
Goddamn that movie was good. One of Welles best.
>>
>>7972829
I'd question what you mean by asking this, what your intentions are towards this novel. DeLillo is one of the world's finest current writers. If there is 'islamophobia' in it, or homophobia, or transphobia, those would be views expressed by the characters in the novel. Isn't that the point of novels? To present differing perspectives, experiences, prejudices, narratives? Given this is a 9/11 novel, you might expect some of the protagonists to present 'islamophobic' views (by which I take it you mean criticism of Islam). Given so many people did. In answer to your question, there is none. But find out for yourself: You take yourself into a novel, your expectations, your experiences, your '-phobias', your prejudices. That's the point.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.