[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am i about to get memed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2666.jpg (65 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
2666.jpg
65 KB, 333x500
am i about to get memed?
>>
I thought it was alright.
It's good if you let it slide by considering the fact that it was unedited
>>
fantastic. one of my favorite books. bolaƱo is my favorite author, this was my first work by him.
>>
>>7970069
>>7970088
i heard there were some boring parts on the longer side. is that true??
>>
>>7970097
some of the part about the crimes drags a tad but there's a lot of phenomenal shit in there.
>>
>>7970097
I read it over the course of a week. I didn't think any of it was boring.
>>
>>7970120
you seem like kind of a blower
>>
>>7970124
you seem like kind of a faggot
>>
>>7970132
woah there friendo
>>
>>7970124
It was a really good read. Even with its length, it wasn't boring to me.
>>
Did people who read both enjoy it more than The Savage Detectives? Thanks in advance.
>>
One of my favorite novels. The Part About Crimes is the part that people say is drawn out and long but its so well done, in no way was I ever bored with it, but plot is clearly not the point, I was never bored because Bolano's characters' voices and ability to describe urban life is unlike anyone elses.

>>7970167
A lot of people do like The Savage Detectives more, I'd say it's his best book for sure (that I've read only these 2 and The Third Reich, which is also very underrated). They're both great, TSD almost made me cry and 2666 made me jealous of how perfect a novel can be.
>>
Its his best work followed by Savage Detectives, these two are both a step up from his other works although By Night in Chile and some of his short stories are worth reading. I havent read Nazi Literature in the Americas or the Third Reich yet so i cant speak for them.
>>
>>7970530
Last Evenings on Earth and The Return are completely worth reading. The Insufferable Gaucho and The Secret of Evil are both hit or miss (although Beach, in The Secret of Evil, is my favorite Bolano short story). Nazi Literature in the Americas is 100% worth reading, as is Distant Star. I've not read The Third Reich yet, either.
>>
>>7971788
I've read all of those besides the two nazi ones they just didnt seem worth listing
>>
File: GRASS.jpg (1 MB, 1354x2048) Image search: [Google]
GRASS.jpg
1 MB, 1354x2048
I'm about to meme you myself.
>>
>>7970167
I preferred The Savage Detectives, but 2666 is also a phenomenal book.
>>7971788
Seconding By Night in Chile. I think almost all of his novellas are worth reading too.

The Nazi Literature in America is also worth a read if anything for the borgesian premise, but it's did not strike me as much as his other work.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.