[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not reading=pleb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I love reading and usually assume someone is a pleb if they don't read.
But I don't like listening to music. To me that's just taste but I'm sure /mu/ would think I was a pleb.
>>
Do you not feel anything when you inadvertently hear some music? You just don't seek it out?
I think one can theoretically not be a pleb and not read fiction. I think that would be comparable. Maybe you only read philosophy. I'd think you're weird and autistic but not a pleb.
>>
>>7967873
>that pic
That's why you don't buy Penguin, folks!
>>
>>7967873

>I don't like music

You have not discovered the wonderful world psychedelic substances
>>
>>7967873
>someone is a pleb if they don't read
Read what? Fantasy and pseudo-intellectual stories? No anon, you are the pleb.
>>
Pleb is whatever you dislike at the moment, it's a buzzword only used by the pseudointellectual boards on 4chan.
Reading is just a form of entertainment like TV or browsing the internet. You might gains some insight but most of it isn't really useful in real life.
>>
File: 1452509793829.jpg (89 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1452509793829.jpg
89 KB, 333x500
>>7967958

>2016
>being this edgy
>>
Not liking to listen to music isn't pleby, it's downright fucking bizarre. I understand not reading, since it actually takes some mental effort and people are used to more instant forms of gratification. But not listening to music?
>>
>>7968033
>Reading is just a form of entertainment
This is a bad mentality.
It's a way to acces humanity's collective knowledge.
And our fiction.Essentially a big dream of the people who died,lived and will live trough time in many pieces scattered around the world.
It's a stepping stone for higher culture.
>>
>>7967873
Don't keep your books next to windows; they'll get damp and/or bleached.
>>
there are pleb books you know. and that is worse than not reading
>>
>>7967873
/mu/ here,
Hey guys get a load of this pleb!
>>
>>7968064
i could apply this to memes
>>
>>7968073
Do it anon!
Do it!
>>
>>7968073
But is he right?
>>
File: 1427394539967.jpg (71 KB, 707x743) Image search: [Google]
1427394539967.jpg
71 KB, 707x743
>tfw there are currenty millions of people on this earth of ours that do not know how to rotate a picture
>>
>>7967873
thx for the shitpost
>>
>>7968067
It's fine they're triple glazed!
>>
>>7968062
I honestly just prefer the sound of silence or conversation. Music just sounds annoying to me.
>>
>>7967971
Whatever drugs I'm on I don't like music. I don't like dancing on uppers either.
>>
>>7968135
>It's fine
No, it's not. It will warp the pages.
>>
>>7968152
Not if the pages are triple glazed.
>>
>>7968172
>mfw penguin would probably do this if someone pitched it to them
>mfw no face left in the world to cover this shame
you're right, OP needs to kill himself on a pyre of his windows and books for the sake of humanities.
>>
>>7968067
Those are shit editions made to be thrown away as soon as they are read or given to charity. They won't survive long enough to get damp.
>>
>>7968116
He probably is
But the fact still remains, reading it's JUST a form of entertainment, nothing else, nothing more
That you can acquire knowledge by literature? Sure! But still, it remains an entertainment
>>
>I don't like listening to music
Truly pleb tier (and I'm not even a /mu/sician)
>>
Nonplebs shouldnt exclude any form of art from their knowledge. So, yes you are a pleb. But that's not a real problem.
>>
>>7967873
/mu/ would still think you're a pleb if you did listen to music, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>7968217
and the moron of the year 2016 is...
>>
>>7968056
OOOHH FUCK EVERYTHINGS EDGY NOWDAYS YEAH
>>
>>7968217
the lit pseudo intellectuals will never agree with you...
>>
>>7968206
You're just a book hater who wants book lovers to dumpster dive. I've found you out, no use denying it.
>>
>>7968372

You're still being edgy bruh. When your testes fully descend you'll chill out a bit.
>>
I'd say a basic understanding of at least one field of music as well as film abd somewhat good taste in those as well as in literature is needed to be objectively a non-pleb
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.