[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does zizek think of anime, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: zizek.png (114 KB, 594x447) Image search: [Google]
zizek.png
114 KB, 594x447
what does zizek think of anime, /lit/?
>>
>>7958749

PURE
>>
I doubt he cares about it
>>
>>7958776
You would be mistaken. Retreat of the accepted Big Other and the absence of an agent who will give structure to our chaotic sexual lives.
>>
zizek is racist
>>
Is it racist not to like anime?
>>
zizek doesn't think of anime

or maybe he does and i'm just projecting - you weebos are fucking pathetic
>>
>>7958846
They're harmless, tho.
>>
>>7958861
is that a good thing?
>>
>>7958870
It's innocuous.
>>
>>7958887
did you open your dictoionry to a random page nd post that one lmao laughing so hard at you
>>
>>7958763
IDEOLOGY
D
E
O
L
O
G
Y
>>
>>7958960
>thinks innocuous is a difficult word
>>
He probably likes NGE, all intellectuals do
>>
Anime *sniffs* remindsh me *picks at shirt* of old shoviet-era dirty joke *sniffs*
>>
>>7958749
he'd find a lot of "ideology" in the tropes
there's this; very old:
http://www.lacan.com/zizek-reflections.htm
>>
>>7959036
Shonw we shee in thish showh, "Infanite Shutratos" there is this *tugs shirt* and I do not mean to be obschene here, no, *finishes 17th can of coca-cola* thish very tansgibalbe, *sniffs* we'll call it an "auhura", of sexschulality bleeding from the character Sharlotte's, armpits.
Yesh! *sniffs and tugs shirt* don't you look at thesh pitsch and think, 'yesh, I would like to put my facsh in there?'
I'm not joking! *does a line of cocaine* I think "Infanite Shutratos" should be banned. Maybe you can wasch it in the gulag.
>>
>>7959049
very interesting, thank you anon
>>
>>7958749
PURE REACTIONARY IDEOLOGY

But seriously, he used Yu-Gi-OH! cards as an example in one of his books.
>>
>>7958992
Well, he's /a/.
>>
>>7958749
He fap to them.
>>
>there are people on this planet
>who think that Zizek
>talks about popular culture
>because he approves of it

Even his lengthy discussion on Children of Men doesn't mean he liked the film. In another interview he calls it a total failure. He is not a critic in the sense of quality, all of this media is material from which he derives examples of his theory in action.

Don't ask what he thinks of Anime, ask how he has used it to demonstrate his points.
>>
>>7958749
what's a good intro to zizek? should I just watch Pervert's Guide?
>>
>>7959605

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpxT_iJ8Mc

I think he does enjoy film, otherwise he probably would have never let criterion interview him.

faggot
>>
>>7959616
Ye. You could fuck around with movies and videos.
>>
>>7959646
He became obsessed with movies at a very early age iirc.
>>
>>7959605
>>7959646
>Don't ask what he thinks of Anime, ask how he has used it to demonstrate his points.

>does he ENJOY it?
pure ideology
>>
It's not the quantity that matters, but the quality. If I remember properly Umberto Eco once said that it's better to have read and re-reread just one book than 1000 books but badly, and he was right; he was, also, the owner of something like 500.000 books.
>>
File: 1461283897526.png (504 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
1461283897526.png
504 KB, 454x600
>>7958987
>>
>>7959646
I didn't say he didn't like film. Not all film is part of popular culture animefag.
Whether he enjoys it is irrelevant, congratulations missing my point you fucking retard.
>>
>>7959705
Oh, and in that is the video where he calls Children of Men a failure. Please lurk more before you continue making your horrible posts.
>>
File: Zizek on Neo-Gothicism.jpg,.jpg (212 KB, 1999x415) Image search: [Google]
Zizek on Neo-Gothicism.jpg,.jpg
212 KB, 1999x415
>>7958749
This is the closest we'll know.
>>
>>7958749
"Women have not penis, whatever"

Do you think he could get into traps or already is into them?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.