[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did postmodernism go too far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x498
At what point did postmodernism go too far?
>>
It will never go too far.
>>
The ancients were much bigger degenerates

At least the boy isn't a forced eunuch harem servant
>>
File: 1423710884255.jpg (76 KB, 664x666) Image search: [Google]
1423710884255.jpg
76 KB, 664x666
>>7953971
pretty much this. It can't go too far.
>>
>at what point
rhizomes don't work that way, anon
>>
>>7953944
>At what point did postmodernism go too far?
Warhol getting rich and famous
world should have ended before that
>>
>>7953944
>would swirly so hard
>>
>>7953973
this is a good point 2bh
>>
File: 1407210495231.jpg (139 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
1407210495231.jpg
139 KB, 1024x732
>>7954000
>>
File: 1456985389481.jpg (46 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
1456985389481.jpg
46 KB, 375x592
>tfw literally in a global fictions course that constantly brings up the 'problematic' nature of binaries

I should've done Food Writing
>>
>>7953944
When tolerance became synonymous with acceptance
>>
>>7953944
Things went too far way before post-modernism. think the french revolution and the overthrow of the natural aristocratic order. from it follows the rejection of God, Morality and ultimately objective reality itself
>>
>>7953971
SUCC
>>
postmodernism took the logic of modernism too far and now that it is exposed you blame postmodernism
>>
File: ré.png (130 KB, 364x532) Image search: [Google]
ré.png
130 KB, 364x532
>>7954000
nice digits

postmodernism can literally never go to far. soon the whole world will be memes.
things are meme more and more.
the spectacle is realer than real.
with all the wifi and mobile internet there are literally memes flying through your house and body right now.
memes will outnumber people billions to one.
there won't be a memefree space even in space.
>>
>>7954174
how many twitter followers do you have?
>>
>>7954120
You seem to have overthrown grammar as well.
>>
>>7955118
Underated
>>
>>7953973
Well I mean, not exactly.

The ancients that behaved in such a manner (in fact ways we applaud today) were famously and widely considered degenerate even in their own day (pic related). A few tremendously degenerate aristocrats does not excuse the general rot that has set in in the entire population in contemporary times.

Hell, half of the prophetic literature in the Bible is about how God will destroy the degenerate city dwellers.
>>
>>7955130
i agree desu
>>
>>7955118
Punctuation and capitalization are matters of orthography not grammar. Grammatically his post was fine.
>>
>>7954120
The problems started with the Renaissance I figure.
>>
>>7953994
huh no way, Warhol took advantage of everyone's stupidity, the last push in dissolving meaning. He's the last important thing in art fuck you
>>
there are so many confused cunts in this thread
>>
>>7955175
It actually started with the invention of agriculture ca. 10000BC

1054 with the schism if we for some reason assume that civilization isn't inherently evil.
>>
>>7954120
Problems started with Marx and to some extent Hegel's master slave nonsense. Now every generation needs their own "revolution" against whatever society is oppressing them at the moment.
>>
>>7955153
Ancients had good and bad, we have good and evil, and no God to define them for us.
>>
File: 1459970407184.jpg (557 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459970407184.jpg
557 KB, 1536x2048
>>7953944
>the video is real
>>
The the extent of "literally" literally losing it's literal meaning
>>
File: received_10205713821313329.jpg (63 KB, 610x525) Image search: [Google]
received_10205713821313329.jpg
63 KB, 610x525
>>7955219
That's because modern leftists create problems when they don't exist
>>
don't think it's gone too far so much as it's out of balance
the right has failed to embrace it and instead has stuck to muh conservatism
that's changing though
>>
>>7955210
It started when we became sentient.
>>
>>7955234
Uh, no. Don't project Hegelian nonsense onto the common sense opinion that 62 people shouldn't own >50% of global wealth.
>>
>>7955241
That has nothing to do with the cultural effects which we are talking about.

I agree with you in regards to the economic issues.
>>
Something terrible approaches, first for us and then it'll come for them, those types in the image in OP's post; None of these things ever last.

Maybe a new religion or political mindset will usurp them from the comfy throne they've taken up, it's very clean too unlike the seats of others before them who have claimed 'oppression'. They have got to this point on the good will of a society (The West) which has, hitherto praised, pampered and catered to these types, some of that pampering comes from people thinking they are'doing the right thing' - their heads are fucked but their hearts are in the right place... supposedly; then we have those politicians who, as politicians do, cater to people in an effort to gain votes. See how Hilary Clinton once opposed Gay Marriage and now, as she's in the run for the Presidency and because 'IT'S 2016', she caters like some indentured servant.

However, as I mentioned before, these people -call them ultra'progressives - have got by for the last few decades upon goodwill. They've never had a reason to flex their muscles, never had cause to go to war (so to speak) and thus, to quote Machiavelli:

'It was necessary that Cyrus should find
the Persians discontented with the government of
the Medes, and the Medes soft and effeminate
through their long peace.

The one things these progressives have not actually faced in in fact, any oppression at all. They have architectured their own charades and shows, cried oppression here and scapegoated groups for their gain - all natural of course, means to an end - but again, they haven't had a real conflict to put into muscle memory and when it comes calling, something terrible will annihilate them.

That change could be the next generation, simply looking to rebel as many have. On the other hand, it could be a change in the political and societal landscape; Will it be a new leader or party that rallies against them? Perhaps not but I predict a culture clash, perhaps the crescendo of our current situations with the movement of peoples - Third world Arabs and Africans to Europe, and Hispanics and other minorities to the USA... unless whatever killed the Western way kills those too, in time. The signs are there, but so are they there for contrary to the above.

All I know is that they will face adversity some day and having never felt it, they will certainly know it at the hands of others - look at the weakness of Western Males today, likes the Medes, effeminate through their long peace and who is flooding the West? Young men from war zones... they surely have not been made soft from peace for they don't come from it.
>>
>>7955252
OK, cool. Just be careful how you use the term "leftist". In the real world, it matters that it stands for something rational.
>>
>>7955253
what a time to be alive
>>
>>7953971
nth'd'd
>>
>>7955241
I don't deny that wealth distribution is fucked up, but all of these would-be Che Gueveras forget that even crippling poverty is better than a breakdown of civilization. Perhaps it's better to use the current system instead of playing eternal victim and looking for oppressors; especially if there's no alternative.

Everybody loved the Arab spring and all of the Eastern European countries breaking away from communism but what did/do they have to replace them with? Both in terms of ideas and frameworks as well as people to reliably enact them.

Look where we are now socially! We've had so many social revolutions that right and wrong, good and bad, fine art and trash have all lost their meanings in post-modernist irony.
>>
File: degeneracy_yes_or_no.jpg (2 MB, 2240x2180) Image search: [Google]
degeneracy_yes_or_no.jpg
2 MB, 2240x2180
>>7955153
There's no getting around the fact that the idea of degeneracy changes from place to place and time to time, to the degree that people who may seem immoral to modern people were not considered immoral in their own time. The obvious example is pederasty. Fine, perhaps even beautiful, as long as there was not a financial aspect to it.
>>
>>7954104
I couldn't pin down the effective difference tbqh.

If you tolerate, you don't do anything against it.
If you accept it, you tolerate it without feeling too bad about the issue.

Sounds the same for outsiders.
>>
>>7955409
Pederasty was not at all an agreed upon subject in the greek world and it was also an exclusively aristocratic pasttime.
>>
>>7955409

No if you took it up the ass you were a joke, they were expected to knock off their shit by the time they became adults otherwise they were looked down upon if they conducted these activities.
>>
>>7955464
It was mostly just kissing, fondling and Intercrual sex anyway was it not?

BOIPUSSY was not on the menu mostly
>>
if they're non-binary why are they called boys?
>>
>>7955464
>>7955453
If we look at the Romans, who were by and large less gay-friendly, there's still a lot of adult buggery (and love) going on, both in the upper class with Catullus, but also the lower classes (epitomised by Encolpius, or Mr Inthecrotch as my lecturer calls him).
Obviously there's a 500 year gap between these two events, but the literature is less tolerant of gayness and there's still loads of it.
>>
>>7955486
It is still a fact that these things were in fact not considered virtuous, despite the presence of it. Whereas now, it is considered in fact the greatest of virtues, next to letting 5 black men run a train on your wife.
>>
>>7955210
this guy speaks the truth
>>
>>7955479
You bring up a decent point, perhaps unintentionally. All of the tumblrinas can't stop screeching about how gender is a spectrum which is defined on each end by masculinity and femininity. Then you hear them using words like "non-binary" and other such special snowflake lingo. Sort of contradicts itself. If it's a spectrum, no shit they're non-binary. If it's a spectrum, you can assume that pretty much 100% of the people are non-binary, because it's pretty unlikely that you've got anyone that's completely on either end.
>>
>>7955210
jared diamond pls go
>>
>non-binary
>boy

wew lad transphobic fail
>>
>>7955153
>The painting's most dominant feature is a large divan, with its golden elephants, on which a nude prostrates herself and beseeches the apathetic Sardanapalus for mercy. Sardanapalus had ordered his possessions destroyed and concubines murdered before immolating himself, once he learned that he was faced with military defeat.

Noice.
Interestingly, I can't find an analog to any person or concept today.
For whom or what could the story displayed here be theme?
>>
File: P1018551.jpg (494 KB, 1494x999) Image search: [Google]
P1018551.jpg
494 KB, 1494x999
>>7955253
A bang or a wimper, let's hope we live long to be a part of it, lads.
>>
File: owned.png (217 KB, 839x734) Image search: [Google]
owned.png
217 KB, 839x734
>>7955219
Very interesting, I only knew about Master-Slave stuff from the Nietschean critique of Christianity.

Reading pic related, I realize that I thought Stirner discusses his self-stuff out of the blue and it being a response to Hegelian ideas was but a meme
>>
>>7954120
>natural aristocratic
so a republic is super-natural? spoooky!
>>
>>7954174
>soon the whole world will be memes
wrong, we are living in the last age of memes, prepare for allah or flee to the forests
>>
>>7955210
>>7955240
Honestly, it probably started with the Cambrian explosion if you think about it desu.
>>
>>7955234
ted pls
>>
>>7955234
where is this from
>>
The problem with the modern left and """"postmodernism""""" as it's been co opted by leftists is that their mantra is to destroy everything and anything, somehow unaware to the fact that they themselves are installing a new orthodoxy and a new monolith
>>
the truth is no matter how much they try to 'normalize' this stuff everybody still goes home at the end of the day and thinks "phew, thank god i don't have to actually spend any time with that"

we're at a point where people want to make sure everyone is not discriminated for who they are - not a bad thing, but it is spawning a lot of narcissistic little twats who pushing the boundaries of what counts as a human being and everyone else is letting them cause they're not hurting anyone

within 5-10 years this kind of behaviour will be entirely gone.
>>
Guys I come here when I'm burned out on /pol/
I when I just get tired about all this shit and just want to talk about books
Don't bring this shit here too please
>>
>>7956332
>within 5-10 years this kind of behaviour will be entirely gone

no it won't. what makes you say that?

If you enable people into behaving badly and then reward them for it, will they ever stop?

society's at a point where people are praised for the mere act of being as egregiously offensive and transgressive to established moral and societal conventions -- defying """"conformity"""""" as if the act alone warrants anything other than disdain
>>
>>7956339
do not close your eyes
>>
>>7956345
because these people are only here as a sort of trial run, a stress test for an accepting society. the truth is nobody actually likes them and most of them are mentally ill

once things settle down people will want regular human beings around them again
>>
>>7953944
>dresses
>makeup
>unbound tits
Aren't those just girls with short hair? When was having short hair a sexual identity?
>>
File: freud.jpg (59 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
59 KB, 850x400
>>7956373
You poor naive fool
>>
>>7956373
I find your optimism endearing
>>
>>7956374
this is the most insufferable thing.

normal girls see all the attention and privilege that trans-whatevers get and they CAN'T STAND IT and do whatever they possibly can to latch onto that identity and leech out all the advantage they can possibly drain from it.

I saw an article the other day written for "non-binary couples who present normally" i.e. a man and a woman in a relationship together who want to claim queer identity.
Absurd. Obviously absurd.
That's how far up their own asses these people are, it defies belief.
>>
>>7956395
>>7956374
a handful of college professors and tumblr users trying to 'intellectualize' personal identity while being as disgusting as possible are not going to change thousands of years of human history

not to mention this kind of wankery can only go on in a society with no problems or no political consciousness of actual problems.

once environmental conditions get dire or we have another large scale war the mere thought of fussing over pronouns and genders will be absurd
>>
>>7956408
it makes me feel tremendously sad. How spiritually destitute must you be to do something like that.

It's times like these that we must pray for their souls and ask God to lead them back into His Grace
>>
File: 1459737514579.jpg (55 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1459737514579.jpg
55 KB, 645x773
>>7956413
Lmao the spooks.
Le 4chan sober proud male ;^)
>>
>>7953944
We haven't legalized pedophilia yet so it hasn't gone far enough
>>
>>7956413
if it really was "a handful" it wouldn't even BE a problem but I won't stop you from sticking your head in the sand or not running for the lifeboat aboard RMS Titanic
>>
Would someone be so kind as to recommend to me any of the various traditionalist (or perhaps even nationalist) readings to give me an enhanced perspective and understanding? I value western civilization and tradition and I have a fairly well working knowledge of it however, I haven't touched THAT deeply the subject. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7956450
Kys
>>
>>7956443
http://www.infowars.com/swedish-liberal-party-youth-wing-calls-for-legalization-of-necrophilia-incest/

the fact that talks of incest legalisation isn't taboo says how far we've come
>>
File: drones.jpg (525 KB, 704x1008) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
525 KB, 704x1008
>>7956413
You simply can't deal with the fact you're living in the end times.
Sure there's a small handful of resistance but they will surly lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI-42NuiLdM
>>
>>7956445
they're a handful compared to the population at large

a very loud minority
>>
>>7953944
>At what point did postmodernism go too far?
In what way is this postmodernism?
>>
>>7956459
>implying anyone takes edgy libertarian extremists seriously
kek
>>
>>7956453
Excellent contribution.
>>
>>7956464
Let it fall ma i right?
DESU VULT BROTHER
>>
can anyone actually point out one objective thing wrong with the picture?
>>
>>7956475
>(You)
>>
>>7956481
I don't like it. Simple as.
>>
>>7956481
For one, promotion of this behavior can effect the views and behaviors of an entire generation, if seen in a positive light. I doubt it will be, on the whole at least, however I do not think allowing this type of behavior into the light of day is worth the risk.
>>
I just realized again how clownish the 4chan userbase is
>>
>>7956485
>
>>
>>7956496
>This kind of behavior

what's wrong with it?
>>
>>7956474
laugh while you can, soon they'll come for you and there will be no one left to speak for you then
>>
>>7956504
Feminization of the western male. I won't explain further because a Google search will do a better job than I would.
>>
>>7956504
it's literally a mental illness.
>>
>>7956469
[death of objectivity] + [deconstruction], haven't you heard?
>>
>>7956465
even if that were true, you nip problems in the bud
>>
>>7956450
>I value western civilization
Faggot.
>>7956263
I know you're joking, but I really meant saying that the agricultural revolution was evil.

Adam and Eve = Nomadic herders
>>
>>7956509
>Feminization of the western male

Doesn't answer the question but clearly you can't judging by the second half of your post.
>>
File: anger.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>>7955234
jesus fucking christ. that is some terrible terrible writing. probably the worst I've read. No one is particularly fond of neo-leftism or neo-liberalism but those paragraph in the images are just awful arguments.

The entire thing is almost entirely unsubstantiated strawman mixed with ad hominem. is this how rabid right-wingers are born? by reading shit like that?
>>
>>7956507
Don't worry libertarians won't win. Paedophilia was essentially acceptable in Sweden in the 60s/70s but moral outrage from the left and right made it a taboo again. Society is becoming more moral and rule based not less.
>>
>>7956529
Here's your reply bud
>>
>>7956537
>your
>>
>>7956539
>youe're
>>
>>7956543
>(You)
>>
>>7956545
>
>>
>>7956537
It's a simple question. A lot of people are upset with the content of the picture and I don't understand why. I thought that I could find at least one person who could help me understand so that I might take offense too, certainly no one would be upset by something for no reason, that would be irrational.
>>
>>7956535
>Paedophilia was essentially acceptable in Sweden in the 60s/70s
Thanks to psychoanalytics and new, uniquely swedish kike-developed idea of "statsindividualism" (which I'm sure I won't need to translate) which was indeed reigned in at the time because of the remnants of lutheran farming and mining communities in the north, but has in fact, remained as the core ideology of both Moderatarna and Sossarna so the tendency absolutely remains, and they are indeed trying again, now that the populace is sufficiently deracinated, nihilistic and demotivated.
>>
>>7956551
I genuinely thought my response would be enough for you to reason out your own answer. People are upset with a young boy who was clearly encouraged to be non binary and wear dresses and put himself out there to encourage others to do the same. The issue with this is promotion of a blatant mental illness as normal and even as a good thing. I'm not particularly bothered by it, as I know it will have no effects in the long run, but I understand why others are.
>>
>>7956551
>>7956374
>>7956408
>>
>>7956531
Bad writing yes, but I agree with the sentiment.

What "arguments" are you talking about? I see opinions and observations expressed but no arguments.
real talk, conservatives get misrepresented and maligned pretty much all the time by the "open minded" folk
>>
>>7956551
You've been trying so hard avoiding answers to your question, why are you surprised that you "couldn't find anyone"?
>>
>>7956535
rule based? yes
moral? no

you sound like a climate change denier at this point
>>
>>7956574
No man should stand for it.

>you're problem
>>
File: 1418861046060.jpg (60 KB, 498x668) Image search: [Google]
1418861046060.jpg
60 KB, 498x668
>>7956579
See here the thing is morality is a purely subjective system people only ever resort to to forward their own ideological goals. Morality doesn't really exist but is a pure social construct. Noting would be moral or immoral if people were isolated.
>>
>>7953944
Nah it needs to get worse. Can't wait for trans kids to start getting into sports and actual being (good) only then is when the shit storm will start brewing. Atm kids like pic related are typical upper middle class kids with a little too much time on their hand looking for attention.
Just a phase for majority of them
>>
>>7956591
This opinion is what's known as 'edgy.'
>>
>>7956602
go back to bed Kant
>>
>>7956606
*tips fedora*

M'lady
>>
>>7956568
let me break it down for you:
>the leftist is anti-individualistic
fuck. no. the leftist thought is extremely individualistic.
>no inner self confidence in own ability, antagonisticc to competition, feels like loser blah blah blah
so much unsubstantiated mud flinging. one step short of saying "the leftist has a small dick". what the fuck is this? even school children argue better than this.

>leftists hate anything that has an image of strong, good and successful
same as above. where is he getting any of this from? the leftist loves a strong, morally good and successful society. this shit sounds like a a person who is a more ridiculous version of trump and more removed from society's reality.
>They SAY they hate the west because it is warlike, imperialistic, sexist, ethnocentric but were these same faults appear in socialistic countries or in primitive cultures, the leftist finds excuses for them......
he some how has managed to reduce the entire leftist ideology into one boogeyman carricature of a neo-liberal. has he interacted with only undergrad student leftists? no one denies that these problems exist in socialist or "primitive" cultures ya dumb fuck. Also, has he given any explanation of how these problems are a function of socialist or leftist culture at all?

>hating america, hating west because strong and successful blah blah blah
jesus fucking christ. what has this got to do with anything. how did he arrive at this conclusion? what does america have anything to do with this? point out problems in imperialism or sexism has nothing to do with hating the west.

who the fuck even wrote all this bullshit?
>>
Kant's moral philosophy is a joke tbqh
>>
>>7956591
yes yes morality is a SoCal tonka truck, we've all heard it before.

Question is, why you think that helps your position at all
>>
>>7956612
I think by 'leftist' he is actually referring to the modern day nu-male, refugees welcome, 'progressives' who ban free speech from campuses rather than the classic liberals of old. A distinction that should've been made more clear, admittedly.
>>
File: JW700-1.jpg (342 KB, 700x485) Image search: [Google]
JW700-1.jpg
342 KB, 700x485
>>7955558
Check out Jeff Wall's art.
>>
>>7956519
Death of objectivity was modernism, not to mention this PC movement is entirely reliant on their own metanarratives and absolute truths.

This is not postmodernism, it's just an alternative culture of the same blind followers.
>>
>>7955375

is this bait? or are you just this dumb?
>>
>>7956630
Present the counter argument nerd
>>
I don't like this thread
>>
>>7956612
again, these are opinions and observations as expressed by a writer whom I do not yet know.

this is beside the point but I love watching "liberal leftists" getting defensive and hostile, and becoming so precisely because you are, for the first time, experiencing what it's like having to defend your position. Once the veneer of virtue has been peeled away, you reveal yourselves for what you really are. It's delicious
>>
>>7956612
learn the difference between an "argument" and an opinion, goober.
>>
>>7956634
ok. fair enough. I'll bite.

what gave you the idea that anyone from the left is calling for a violent revolution even remotely akin to that of che-guevara? just because you saw some faggot neoliberal college nu males wear a che guevara shirt, you deduced that the entire left is mongering for a breakdown of civilization?
fucking nobody is calling for a violent revolution. everyone is calling for the end of crony corruption and law evasion and a systemic reform that somehow manages to concentrate the majority of the wealth in a few hundred people.
>>
>>7956645
I think you need to calm down son. This was calling out those who you mentioned, the few fringe individual 'faggot neoliberals' is all. Not the entirety of liberalism. Dot worry buddy we are all friends here ^.^
>>
>>7956645
>>7956612

adding "fuck" to every second sentence doesn't make you cool, and it's actually a marker of your background and age (mental, physical, you take a pick)
>>
>>7956652
""""classical liberals""""""" need a spanking of their own for allowing retards to co opt their name

>>7956612
please go to reddit or better yet a Youtube comment section, it'll be your speed
>>
What a thread
>>
>>7956645
>fucking nobody is calling for a violent revolution
i unironically think every politician, CEO, banker, etc should be publicly butchered to really strike fear into the hearth of the bourgeoisie, stalin was to much of a liberal desu
>>
>>7956659

Average comment quality itt
>>
>>7956641
nah man. i truly do not care about left-wing/right-wing politics. i just saw some shitty writing and decided to call it out.

>>7956644
the person who wrote the above two paras certainly does not know the difference. because he some how used statements such as "X this Y" which represented some sort of argument by implication. I felt that it was structurally flawed and pointed it out.

>>7956652
read the paras. he uses "leftist".
>>7956653
i know it doesn't sound cool. it's a bad habit i'm trying to kick. got a bit irritated at how retarded that post was.

>>7956659
great argument man. i could have done the same and responded by saying that go back to /pol/ but at least i made the effort to provide an argument.
>>
>>7956652
>>7956612

>neoliberal

confirmed 16 year old
>>
>>7956660
>>7956638
Half of it is me replying to retards, forgetting I replied to them, and replying to my own post calling myself a retard. I need to go outside...
>>
>>7956666
>EVERYTHING IS AN ARGUMENT DEBATE ME CHRISTIANS I AM AN ATHEIST

this is how you sound bub

not a pretty picture is it
>>
File: 1460699842504.jpg (27 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460699842504.jpg
27 KB, 1200x1200
>>7956661
Violent decucking
>>
>>7956668
Retard I was quoting his post with 'neoliberal'.
>>7956666
I am trying to make it clear that the paper should have made that distinction but you refuse to read it what I say.
>>
>>7953944
It hasn't gone far enough. Honestly I'm excited for a future where shape-shifting gender-fluid cyborg entities drift in an anarchic cybernetic dreamtime of their own creation, While NEET ascetics catch glimpses of the innermost through intense meme contemplation.
>>
>>7956680
it means you don't know what neo liberal means.

and you've added a cheap insult to Trump, which says so much by itself
>>
>>7956675
no the picture you painted isn't. the person who replied to me>>7956568 asked me to elaborate which i did.

i really dislike politics though to be honest. no one gets anywhere. everyone is so deeply embedded into their worldview that finding someone who can say something insightful that can change one's political views is rare if not impossible. i try to make the effort in engaging with people hoping that someone would write something that might be sound and understandable. sometimes i do come across a good post but more often than not its just an endless stream of posts that hold no merit on their own.

i guess i shouldn't expect more from a casual discussion forum and just lay back to posting frogs and statements and calling other people redditors if they disagree. its much "cooler" and convenient.
>>
>>7956696
Now I don't know what you're talking about mate. Probably just be being dumb, but on the off chance it's you talking out of your ass, then you're a retard.
>>
>>7956699
The problem is everyone is so involved in the same progressive/leftist/liberal worldview they don't even realise it. Mencius Moldbug among others, refers to this system as 'the cathedral'. Really worth diving into. It's in fact a new totalitarianism, potentially more destructive than its 20th century predecessors. Genital mutilation (trans), privilege confession, and wealth redistribution are the sacraments of this new church of anti-religion.
>>
>>7956720
>Really worth diving into.
No
>>
>>7953944
>non-binary

I never got that joke
>>
>>7956696
>>7956668
i threw in neoliberal in the mix because liberals and leftists tend to share common ethical views. There are stark economic differences sure but that is not the subject that the author of those paras is targeting.
>>
>>7956645
It's worse than a violent revolution, Marxists abandoned the armed ideal for cultural revolution, which in turn has evolved into Bio-leftist Psy-Revolution, an assault on the most fundamental human qualities like gender, the family, biological kinship, our very minds and innermost thoughts and our precious DNA.
>>
>>7956720
what you described sounds a very dull and uninspired exaggeration. similar to how the leftists resort to fearmongering by citing 1984.

the right-wingers are just as entrenched in their political worldviews as anyone else. it's just that they now have a caricature that has been presented to them in the form of an sjw.

political debate is a joke and this mencius modbug sounds like an shitty comedian.
>>
>>7956739
You realize the US Republican party is very much ""neoliberal"" right
>>
File: Michel Foucault.jpg (126 KB, 850x1160) Image search: [Google]
Michel Foucault.jpg
126 KB, 850x1160
>>7956741
>le biopower meme
>>
>>7956720
what a dull metaphor
>>
>>7956754
yes. i should clarify that by a neoliberal i meant the new wave of liberals who champion social justice and "Equality".
but yes i acknowledge that neoliberalism is more associated with the conservative economic policies and was ill suited to what i wanted to convey.
>>
>>7953944
I know this is just paranoia kicking in or something and that 4chan isn't actually capable of effecting the world, but fuck man I'm starting to think it is. Few years back everyone ironically would shit post about fucking traps and boi pussy. Then an entire wave of people seriously posted about fucking traps and boi pussy. Now trans people are mainstream.
>>
>>7956771
4chan is a a hyper-environment which breaks down identities and social conventions. Shitposting is often an expression of repressed unconscious psychosexual or tribalistic drives. Eventually it normalises these forces and unleashes them into the outside world.
>>
>>7955253
>indentured servant

That is exactly what politicians are anon, but somehow time and time again politicians manage to convince the populous that they're in charge and thus they become so.
>>
>>7956311
the unabomber manifesto
>>
>>7956791
So this place is an incubator for tomorrows social norms?
>>
>>7956817
The Internet in general plays that role, but the process is more obvious on 4chan due to impermanence and constantly shifting anonymous pseudo-identities. TV had a massive impact on the collective psyche during c. 1950-60s, but the Internet on a whole other order of magnitude. There is no turning back
>>
>>7956817
Technology is an extension of natural human faculties, it's gonna have a massive impact on everything. Tomorrow's social norms will probably seem completely alien to us. We are not even there yet, but the system is showing it's cracks. You get people turning to extremism, trying to resurrect half-imagined pasts.
>>
>>7955153
you have widely different social standards. e.g. slaves made up a large percentage of the population and it was often acceptable to rape them or use them for degenerate purposes. The sexual mores of the ancient world were more linked with notions of power and dignity rather than with an individualist christian-type ethics based on sin. By the standards of 1952, 1840 or even 2016 greco-roman morality seems scandalous and degenerate, but it makes sense considering it's social context.
>>
>>7956481
it's ugliness pretending to be love
>>
>>7957053
how is that something new?
>>
>>7956481
It's love mediated by and through faggotry.
>>
Weird. t.b.q.h.
>>
>>7957095
it doesn't have to be new to be bad. but because it is a new means of that sneaky slander happening, it's more dangerous. we don't have any vaccines for it yet
>>
>>7957096
>>7957110
everything is mediated by n-thousand layers of spectacle these days. You can always take a step back and just enjoy the memes
>>
>>7957117
what?
>>
>>7955234

>leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful

which uneducated moron wrote this ?
>>
>>7957183
He's actually a highly educated genius. Even if his politics are a little wacky, you can't take that away from him.
>>
>>7956903
It's funny you say that. I'm rereading The Book of Chuang Tzu and just yesterday I came upon this passage. Confusion approaches Lao Tzu and complains about how he has mastered the Six Classics yet whenever he approaches a ruler to rule in the manner outlined by the Six Classics, he is refused.

Lao Tzu responded "It is very lucky, Sir, that you did not discover a ruler who would try to govern this generation in such a way! The Six Classics are the tired footpaths of the first kings, not hte actual feet that trod those paths! Now, Sir, what you are going on about is just these worn footpaths. But footpaths are created by the feet that first walked them. They are not the feet themselves!"

It goes on about the Tao being the true path and so on, but it made me realize it's almost impossible to force the morals and ideas of yesterday on today. Especially when coupled with a previous passage where Lao Tzu shares a tale about Duke Huan who brags to a wheelwright about how he reads the sages.

"Are these sages still living?"
"They are long dead."
"Then, Sir, what you are reading is nothing but rubbish left over from these ancient men!"
"When I work on a wheel, if I hit too softly, pleasant as this is, it doesn't make for a good wheel. If I hit furiously, I get tired and the thing doesn't work! SO, not too soft, not oto vigorous, I grasp it in my hand and hold it in my heart. I cannot express this by word of mouth, I just know it....The ancient ones, when they died, took their words with them."

Sorry for the digression. I guess to sum it all up, if we can't go backwards how do we go forward? Also reading those words made me feel foolish for reading this book not once, but twice now. Ah well.
>>
>>7956464
Why is thom yorke there on the right and an ayy lmao in the back
>>
>>7953944
The moment it started in the 1700's during the French revolutionary war.
>>
>>7956525
>agricultural revolution was evil
How so
>>
>>7957268
>Now, Sir, what you are going on about is just these worn footpaths. But footpaths are created by the feet that first walked them. They are not the feet themselves!"

What a curious point. Thank you for sharing.
>>
>>7957268
>if we can't go backwards how do we go forward?
imo go for rhizomatic anti-autoritharian organisation, if anything the problem with the current (neo)-liberal identity based model is it's too controlling and rigid. the temptation to impose hierarchical order through brute force, it's too late, you'll only get a grotesque distortion of the past. much like the 3rd Reich was an attempt to simulate pre-industrial germanic idyll in an industrialised society
>>
>>7957577
>rhizomatic anti-autoritharian organisation
Yeah because Anonymous is doing so well these days.
>>
>>7957577
>le rhizomatic anti-authoritarian body workout le organs

there will always be hierarchy

deleuze a shit
>>
>>7957577
Anyone who uses the term "rhizome" needs to die in a fire.
>>
>>7957591
we should restore the monarchy and aristocracy based on natural superiority
>>
>>7957648
I agree
>>
>>7955241
Why is the wealth distribution a bad thing? How would more money in the hands of the lower and middle class significantly improve anything?

Everyone spends most of their life sleeping, working, and saving. 95 percent of the entertainment avaliable in the world can be consumed for free. What do you want to buy that's so important? What improvement to your life will wealth bring you? Material goods can't be taken with you after you die.
>>
>>7955153
bad example. delacroix purposely sensationalised the painting. written records don't support any mass executions of harem girls or anything
>>
File: 7431254_f520.jpg (150 KB, 520x679) Image search: [Google]
7431254_f520.jpg
150 KB, 520x679
>>7957649
truly a superior being
>>
File: _CKBhm2Yq-M.jpg (45 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
_CKBhm2Yq-M.jpg
45 KB, 604x604
>>7956481
Because that person is ugly as fuck. Traps are only good if you are super cute.
>>
>>7958075
from what I understand, those are supposed to be like double reverse traps or something
>>
>
>
>
/
h
i
s
/
>>
>>7958057
>posting shitty examples negates the existence of biological hierarchy

wew
>>
>>7958092
what's a good example, then? Monarchs may originate from mildly competent tribal warlord stock, but after a few centuries of inbreeding you invariably end up with sever physical and mental defects
>>
File: AXN6sVOh0a0.jpg (30 KB, 408x604) Image search: [Google]
AXN6sVOh0a0.jpg
30 KB, 408x604
>>7958085
>double reverse traps
On *e/h*/h*s/h*self
ae/aer/aers/aerself
ce/cir/cirs/cirself
co/cos/cos/coself
e/em/eir/emself
ey/eim/eir/eirself
ey/em/eir/emself
fey/fer/fers/ferself
fey/feys/feyself
fey/feyr/feyself
fir/firs/firself
he/him/his/himself
hir/hir/hirs/hirself
hu/hu/hume/humeself
hen/henom/hens [swedish neutral]
it/it/its/itself (this one to be used ONLY IF YOU’RE EXPLICITLY TOLD THAT IT IS OKAY)
jee/jem/jeir/jemself
jam/jam/jams/jamself
jhey/jem/jheir/jheirself
kye/kyr/kyne/kyrself
kir/kir/kirs/kirself
lee/lim/lis/limself
mae/mair/maes/maeself
ne/nem/neir/neirself
ne/nem/nir/nemself
ne/nis/nimself
ne/nym/nis/nymself
per/per/pers/perself
she/her/hers/herself
she/sheer/sheers/sheerself
sie/sier/siers/sierself
sie/hir/hirself
ou/ou/ous/ouself
tey/tem/ter/temself
they/them/their/themself
thae/thaer/thaers/thaerself
this one/ that one
thon/thon/thons/thonself
ve/vir/virs/virself
ve/vis/vir/verself
xe/hir/hirs/hirself
xe/xim/xis/ximself
xe/xir/xirs/xirself
xie/xem/xyr/xemself
xe/xem/xyr/xyrself
yre/yres/yreself
zay/zir/zirs/zirself
ze(or zie)/zir/zirs/zirself
ze/hir/hirs/hirself
zij/ze/zijn/zichzelf [danish neutral]
ze/zir/zirs/zirself
ze/zan/zan/zanself
zed/zed/zeds/zedself
zed/zed/zeir/zedself
zhe/zhim/zhir/zhirself
zhe/zhir/zhirs/zhirself instagram it said was a boy. I don't know what that is suppose to mean.
>>
>>7958104
I never advocated for inbreeding
>>
File: 20140919.jpg (299 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
20140919.jpg
299 KB, 1500x1125
>>7958132
>>
Wow. For Christ's sake, this is 4chan! You are all flapping your metaphorical jaws about where the crisis that is postmodernism started, and yet this discussion is hosted on the same server as some of the greatest degeneracy that mankind has ever perpetrated! Fucking hell! Right now, this very instant, over on /b/, there are people discussing HOW THEY CAN ONLY BECOME SEXUALLY AROUSED BY CARTOON ANIMALS! Who the fuck cares where the fire started? You are here, where it is hottest! Shouldn't the discussion be how to unfuck /b/ and /pol/?
>>
>>7958235
This post made laugh so hard. Thank you
>>
>>7958235
This.

I'll never understand Millennials.
>>
>>7958235
>Shouldn't the discussion be how to unfuck /b/ and /pol/?
/b/ and /pol/ are meant to stay fucked
>>
>>7958235
Furfags are pretty awful; yet it isn't harmful to one's professional life to treat them with the utter contempt they yearn for.
>>
>>7955449
>If you tolerate, you don't do anything against it.

Correct.

>If you accept it, you tolerate it without feeling too bad about the issue.

When you accept it you change your own behaviors based on their views. When you tollerate them for instance you do not harass or suppress them , when you accept them you start policing your own speech and actions based on their view point.

Big difference
>>
>>7955174
His second sentence is a fragment and you're a little annoying.
>>
>>7958140
https://www.instagram.com/lovelybunns/
>>
>>7958235
>Wow. For Christ's sake, this is Europe! You are all flapping your metaphorical jaws about where the crisis that is the Renaissance started, and yet this discussion is hosted on the same universities and cities as some of the greatest degeneracy that mankind has ever perpetrated! Fucking hell! Right now, this very instant, over at Rome, there are people discussing HOW A POPE HAD A SON! Who the fuck cares where the fire started? You are here, where it is hottest! Shouldn't the discussion be how to unfuck clergy and Italian politics?
>>
File: d1734.jpg (18 KB, 322x315) Image search: [Google]
d1734.jpg
18 KB, 322x315
>this thread
Hello Plebbit.
>>
This thread is seriously depressing. Should we just off ourselves?
>>
File: Untitled.png (443 KB, 427x680) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
443 KB, 427x680
>>7958808
>>
>>7957268
>if we can't go backwards how do we go forward
we can't go backwards and we can't not go forwards
there's nothing to worry about.
>>
File: 1454283634772.jpg (61 KB, 459x704) Image search: [Google]
1454283634772.jpg
61 KB, 459x704
>>7955234
Because individualistic, white men are never left-wing?
>>
>>7958900
>Posting Sartre as a representation of a modern leftist male.

kek Sartre would hate the footie pajama wearing feygeles of today.
>>
this thread is problematic
>>
>>7955153
loooooooooooooooool.
by ancients he meant the actual propagators of western civilization, the greeks and romans, not your degenerate kike on a stick slave mentality shit.
kindly fuck off. you don't read anyway, seeing as you associated the op with 'postmodernism'. booklet.
>>
>>7953973
maybe your ancestors, not mine
>>
File: trans.jpg (165 KB, 960x942) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
165 KB, 960x942
The funny thing about this cartoon is that it really could happen.
>>
>>7955686
You haven't understood anything about Striner if you haven't read Hegel
>>
>>7954069
I fucking hate how literature is constantly invaded by LGBT issues. The worst is that unis absolutely comply with it. And for some reason, "that's just the way it was" is somehow a reasonable answer for all ancient conquerors being men, but not a reasonable answer for all early writers being men.
>>
File: dolezal.jpg (57 KB, 645x363) Image search: [Google]
dolezal.jpg
57 KB, 645x363
>>7959371
It did happen.
>>
>>7958038
the fuck are you on about. I can't live the bohemian life I want with minimum wage
>>
>>7959875
lmao f'real tho
>>
>>7959875
>>7959877

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_(musical)
>>
>>7954069
I feel your pain anon
>>
>>7956699
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>7959875
Poverty is bohemian as fuck, you're probably an incompetent dilletante to be frank.
>>
>>7959834
That's because different disciplines deal with ideas and philosophies differently. Your psychology department will generally be all touchy-feely and pro-LGBT, whereas biologists don't tend to be all that juiced up about it.
>>
>>7956661
Why?
>>
>>7960267
Leftism is a totalitarian philosophy based on cuckold fantasies and a corroding envy of one's betters, don't try to make sense of it
>>
>>7958376
An imperative verb implies a subject. It wasn't a fragment. Haven't you plebs actually studied grammar, or are you products of a slapdash, monolingual American system of education?

>We don't need no Latin, or French, or any of them other foreign ways 'a talkin'! We speak Murrican!
>>
>>7959834
It's Genocide. They Want Genocide
>>
>>7959277
Liar.
>>
>>7960230
if ur 2 dumb 2 recognize faggots' jokes,

(ur 2 dumb 2 apprec lit)
>>
File: librianna.jpg (997 KB, 1700x2472) Image search: [Google]
librianna.jpg
997 KB, 1700x2472
>>7960285
most cuckold porn is on /pol/; the levels of neuroticism you'll find there is common amongst the right wing psych
>>
>>7955153
>thinks the Persians were degenerates
>believes the Greek descriptions

Go vomit your undigested Herodotus somewhere else. Start with the Greeks means you have to critically analyze what they wrote, not accept the post-enlightenment orientalizing orthodox.
>>
>>7960354
>race

The reason we don't want immigration is that other "races" tend to have different religions and different cultures which we see as undesirable and in many ways incompatible with ours. In addition to that some of us are worried about a model which necessarily attracts the least patriotic and most ambitious people from other countries by promising them increased wealth in our country. Compounding all this is a moral objection to the idea of taking the "best and brightest" from other countries where they might have been a benefit to their own people.

Fundamentally the question is whether peoples should be geographically divided by their heritage and creed, or by their position of economic superiority. Should we have one race for Englishmen, one for Arabs, one for Jews, etc; or should we have one for managers and one for workers?

Speaking as a white Christian, that is why I don't like immigration. It has nothing to do with whether the immigrants are white. And it certainly has nothing to do with "genocide" or "cultural marxism".
>>
>>7960384
All of this will be determined for you by markets and it doesn't much matter what you have to say about it.

Trade and immigration has brought tremendous prosperity to the first world, and continues to reduce absolute poverty everywhere else. Reducing barriers to trade and immigration will only serve to increase the rate at which those in the third world pull themselves out of poverty.
>>
>>7960384
I should add, because I forgot to clarify it, that I'm not against all multiculturalism. I'm not for one country for each race. In some areas of the world, like India, there is a long history of separate cultures living in contact with one another; and it makes sense for these peoples to continue living in close proximity with one another under a single nation. I think there is a significant difference between maintaining a historical mix of cultures and introducing new cultures into an old mixture.
>>
>>7960393
I'm not only concerned about material prosperity. If I was, I might be content with the philosophies of Kipling or Friedman. But I'm not.
>>
>>7960374
The only reason it shows up on /pol/ is because it actually manages to anger people. It's a transgressive act that serves to disrupt the normal function of the board. No one would think to post such things in a leftist space because it's users would find it completely agreeable.
>>
>>7959834
my slam poetry group has four more mtf trans folks than they had six months ago
>>
>posted one day and 18 hours ago
RIP /lit/
>>
>>7960467
>>7960354

Writing a full length novel with a trans protagonist is easy money, but am I cuck enough to do it?
>>
>>7953944
them's pretty qt actually tbqh
>>
>>7956612
bro, its fucking obvious that the left has, on average, smaller dicks wtf are you even talking about??
>>
>>7960559
lol. was there a study or something that asked people for their political leanings and also their dick sizes?
>>
>>7960475
/lit/ is a slow board. A lot of threads on here are over a day old.
>>
>>7956691

Criminally underrated post.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
>>7960374
The more I interact with /pol/acks, the more I realize their whole worldview is nothing but an expression of their fucked up psychosexual hangups
>>
>>7953944

i just want it to all end
>>
>>7955234
>let me tell you what THEY think
No thanks senpai, if i wanted that i will be at /pol/
>>
>>7960593
i think he meant that this thread should have been deleted
>>
>>7960714
>>7960374
what is it with lefties and projecting their cuck fantasies on everyone else?
>>
>>7956661
You would be first against the wall.
>>
>>7953994
Duchamp arguably set that in motion.
>>
>>7954120
Go home and play with your cat, Julius.
>>
>>7954000
Topkek
>>
File: Handeln sie.gif (919 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
Handeln sie.gif
919 KB, 400x223
>>7956481
It glorifies a behavior that is unnatural1 and unhealthy1 to a demographic that is vulnerable and easily impressionable. These boys haven't matured yet (hormones), and are not developing masculine behavior that will be necessary later in life. It subverts and subtly knocks natural1 institutions and necessary gender roles.
1. Our biology goes against the progressive idea that our genitals are the only big difference in our psychological hard-wiring. By promoting a society where we are born as a blank slate and are able to become anything, free of natural institutions, qualities and roles is irresponsible. Can you honestly claim that trans-people are as capable as parents, just as mentally healthy? Or do you scoff at the valuable role heterosexual marriage has played in almost all society? These people should be allowed to live their life, but should not be normalized or considered brave.
>>
>>7956555
Ah, yes, of course. Blame the Jews.

Antisemitic conspiracy theories are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>7956612
>>the leftist is anti-individualistic
>fuck. no. the leftist thought is extremely individualistic.

Since when?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.