[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you already know everything and reading becomes useless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Neo-Gnostic.jpg (16 KB, 350x274) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Gnostic.jpg
16 KB, 350x274
>tfw you already know everything and reading becomes useless
>>
this desu

al you gotta read descartes, stirner, and emerson

basically walk into the woods and you'll see it all there is to life. anything else is just an abstract way of trying to explain nature.
>>
>>7943979
>basically walk into the woods and you'll see it all there is to life. anything else is just an abstract way of trying to explain nature.
much truth

you can literally look at any organism and 'get it'
>>
Why are you telling me this?
>>
>>7943979
bump for interest

i am unfamiliar with this philosophy; do they mean that everything humanity created is just derivative of what was here before we were, and once we understand the most fundamental layer of existence (nature), we thus understand all the layers? or am i way off track?
>>
>>7943979
Wew lad you've got my attention
>>
File: brin.jpg (111 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
brin.jpg
111 KB, 600x900
>>7943976
>>7943979
>>7943981
ITT: pseuds make excuses for how little they have actually read
>>
Quietism is the endgame desu.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-19-37-36.png (152 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-19-37-36.png
152 KB, 480x854
See picrelated. Actually, don't if you want to keep your will to live.

I now see ALL philosophy as bullshit due to this. I already did due to Stirner but this has crystallised it. Philosophy is the opium of the pseudo intellectuals
>>
>>7944444
nice quints
>>
>>7943976
Reading philosophy is useless in the first place.
If you are able to understand it, you are also able to figure it out yourself.
If you can't figure it out yourself, you can't understand it even if you read about it.
Reading philosophy is for pretentious idiots, who want to look smart, but are to stupid to find answers themselves.
>>
>>7944456
What's that from
>>
File: sad ainsley.jpg (50 KB, 750x763) Image search: [Google]
sad ainsley.jpg
50 KB, 750x763
>tfw i read some philosophy book
>everything is so abstruse and obscure i have no idea what the lad is trying to say
>wonder how much i dont grasp about the world just because i have no idea what <german philosopher #6674> was trying to say
>>
>>7944719
Never forget the 90% rule:
90% of all people are idiots. Doesn't matter who they are or what they do. 90% of philosophers are idiots, 90% of scientists are idiots, 90% of writers are idiots.
At least 9 or 10 idiots have already posted in this thread.
>>
so then read genre fiction for fun...shit, it turns out the plebs were the most patrician all along!
>>
>>7944742
so am i the idiot here or is it kant?
>>
>>7944764
nietzsche was on the right track, kant was wrong as shit and hegel/marx, dont even go there
>>
S I M P L E
I
M
P
L
E
>>
>>7944771
Nietzsche, I agree, but why would Kant and Marx be total idiots?
>>
>>7943979
>al you gotta read descartes
stopped
>>
>>7944471
Thank you.
>>
>>7944785
kant and marx are spooked to hell
>>
File: andthentheresthisfaggot.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
andthentheresthisfaggot.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>7944456

>I now see ALL philosophy as bullshit

So you don't think that axioms can really exist? Because only two of the three options you listed would make philosophy impossible if they were the only ones to exist. Of course, that would also mean that all science - all knowledge of any kind, really - would also be impossible.
>>
>>7944821
>implying at its core it's not

We may learn branches of each tree but never will we get to the roots of knowledge. The universe would collapse upon itself by the time that happened.
>>
That's why you have to learn to "not-know" things.
>>
>>7943979
>descartes

Pleb tier conception of knowledge. We are much more guided by verisimilitude. Go read Vico.
>>
This thread is the sad culmination of relativism and pseudo-thinking that dominates late capitalism.

>much deepness
>*knowing*
>desuuuuuuu

It's a regression to basically some kind of mysticism. Either that or a deep ingraining into pure ideology and fiction like believing purely in economic growth over environmental concerns. You gus have gone with th former.
>>
>>7944975
Bitching is not deep thinking, either.
>>
>>7944842
>I can't see roots of tree
>I'm not going to try and find a new branch or the trunk
>I'm just not gonna try

It must be sad just giving up.
>>
>>7945002
Its not possible because our minds are itself part of that tree

You cannot seal epistemology because first you need to seal your conception of the mind, but to do that you need to seal epistemology
>>
>>7945002
It's also sad to find the roots.

Either way, we all lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZUAorP0b4
>>
>>7945002
not giving up m8. Striving for knowledge isn't worthless. learning is priceless. I'm just sort of stating that it would be naive to think it's possible to ever find the root of knowledge, therefore making it impossible to truly ever prove anything without relativity.
>>
>>7944975
>It's a regression to basically some kind of mysticism
Mysticism isn't regression.
>>
>>7945017
No, it's a retardation, i.e. a slowing down, not an exact reversal.
>>
>>7945020
Nah. It's the end. Unless you're some dweeby naturalist or empiricist.
>>
>>7945028
Didn't really think that one through, didja.
>>
>>7944842
>>7945002

"knowledge" is a spook my buddy, knowledge is a social construct created by people, if u had read nietzsche's son foucault u would know that but ur a dummy who reads hegel zizek and pedos in robes, so u don't know that
>>
>>7944975
Pretty much. They're our Stoics.
>>
>>7945045
>"knowledge" is a spook
>>7945045
>if u had read nietzsche's son foucault u would know that

oh, the hypocrisy is delicious!
>>
>>7945064
i didn't say reading was a spook, i said knowledge is a spook, which u would know if u read foucault...there isn't some big "tree of knowledge" with "roots" in the universe waiting for precocious physics phds to uncover them like a lost jar hidden in the egyptian sand...it's all made up, everything we "know" about physics will probably be "wrong" in another 10000 years if not sooner
>>
>>7945064
>i said knowledge is a spook
>>7945045
>if u had read nietzsche's son foucault u would know that
>>7945045
>u would know that
>know
>knowledge

I'm agreeing with you.
>>
>>7945089
>>7945106
>>
>>7945089
except there really is. We didn't create atoms existence by saying we believe in them you fucking autist. My tree analogy perfectly defines that as years ago, Neutrons, Electrons, and Protons were all that existed. Then came quantum, then we'll find more. These things do exist, they are physical, we can learn about them. We will never find the root of them.
>>
>>7945116
Wow, man, the universe has infinite zoom, the particles get as small as we can create instruments to see them! And guess what? the same is true in reverse, if u "zoom out" the universe just repeats in to bigger and bigger things! And woah, check this shit, and if u really wanna get far out and go in the fourth dimension time is infinite too....woah man u physics doods r totally doing Important Stuff and not just doing useless wankery anybody who dropped LSD can figure out in about ten minutes....indeed, feel free to waste your whole life searching for tinier and tinier particles because that is really important "knowledge" to know!
>>
>>7945116
We are thetans that were once creative gods who created our own universes that then collided together, becoming the universe we live in.

Essentially, we created the particles and need to take responsibility for it.
>>
File: image.gif (18 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
18 KB, 534x640
>>7943976
>Tfw I don't need to supplement my worldview with comics or new age bullshit to make it more interesting because the world looked at through philosophy is already strange as fuck.
>>
>>7945137

You are really talking out of your ass.

We've been dealing with essentially the same set of fundamental particles for the past 70 years. No one expects we will find anything smaller.
>>
>>7945116
at this point physicists are no better than football fans upgrade their HDTV to 4K in time for the big game, as if it will make any difference
>>
>>7945157
The same set of invented ideas which must not be passively accepted but re-evaluated.
>>
>>7945157
>this time we've really found the smallest particle

dude, u haven't really thought much about science have u?
>>
>>7945166
I just like to repeat what I read. I trust "them".
>>
>>7945179
it's important to trust the people who create power/knowledge, i'm sure u'll go far, get some fat grants, maybe even tenure
>>
>>7945137
Are you having fun on your computer?
>>
>>7945192
*smooths out your tinfoil hat*
>>
>>7945196
dude, if ur gonna go for the "science is important because engineers do cool stuff" just get to it in one post, i don't have all day
>>
>>7945214
You'll still be here at the end of the day, senpai.
>>
>>7945217
nah, actually i have a massive software engineering project i'm working on, just here for a coffee break to laugh at memes n spooks, but yeah i guess for a neet like u engaging in a life long search for the next smallest particle is better than masturbating to cartoons for the next 50 years, so i encourage u to take up the search for really tiny things (insert dick joke here) good day sir
>>
>>7945229
excuse me sir, you forgot your mic here
>>
File: nityananda-darshan.jpg (134 KB, 742x850) Image search: [Google]
nityananda-darshan.jpg
134 KB, 742x850
Chant and be happy.
>>
>>7945267
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
>>
>>7945273
So sad to see Robin Williams in that video
>>
>>7945307
why?
>>
>>7945307
You didn't even know the man, you pleb, get your head outta pleb tv.
>>
>>7945319
Because he worried
>>
>>7945355
No, he stopped worrying.

Get it?
>>
>>7945319
he worried and he was not happy
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.