[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/WTqM9HVyA9Y Zizek on British tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-45-42.png (199 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-45-42.png
199 KB, 480x854
https://youtu.be/WTqM9HVyA9Y

Zizek on British tv
>>
hack
>>
>>7942047
He's entertaining but I disagree with almost everything he says
>>
The kids today love far right thinkers.
>>
He doesn't seem any more intelligent than most people. For him to seem like an intellectual, I feel that he rejects extremes to seem the grounded.
>>
>>7942468
how is he wrong here?

>>7942604
Examples?
>>
>>7942047
>the interviewer trying hard not to be distracted by his mannerisms

kek, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from grinning
>>
>>7942799
>Examples?

Watch the five minute video above you fucking retard.
>>
>>7942819
You think that uncontrolled mass immigration is good for countries like Germany and Sweden?
>>
>>7942829
Are you fucking stupid? Are you in special ed?

I didn't give a stance on that situation at all, I just said:

>He doesn't seem any more intelligent than most people. For him to seem like an intellectual, I feel that he rejects extremes to seem the grounded.

How the fuck would get that out of what I said?

I'm completely against any immigration into European lands if they aren't of the same race as the native populace.
>>
>>7942879
Jesus, fuck off to reddit you filthy pleb.
>>
File: 1456871326488.png (1 MB, 1410x896) Image search: [Google]
1456871326488.png
1 MB, 1410x896
>>7942879
>tips le fedora
>>
>>7942904
>telling /pol/ incarnate to go to reddit

Jesus Christ you are new. Just because you were retarded it doesn't mean other people are from reddit.

Fuck off.
>>
>>7942879
I misread it and thought you were the other guy, calm down family.
>>
>>7942915
If anything, /pol/ is even worse than reddit. Best advice would be to commit suicide pronto.
>>
>>7942915
/pol/ is reddit

your mind = blown
>>
>>7942047
Her beautiful look of bewilderment and disgust.
>>
>>7942047
I hope Zizek never dies
>>
>>7943001
reddit is the Big Other
>>
>>7942879
>I'm completely against any immigration into European lands if they aren't of the same race as the native populace.
>being for inter-European immigration
Fucking kike shills, get out
>>
>>7942829
Yes
>>
>>7942879
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 0116.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0116.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>all the British communists I know are saying FUCK THIS GUY HE'S OBVIOUSLY A RIGHT-WINGER IN DISGUISE

Good God the liberal-left is terrible.
>>
zizek is becoming increasingly anti-SJW and sympathetic with european nationalism but is too much of a pussy to really come out with it.
>>
Does Zizi have a new girlfriend who makes him wear Hilfiger instead of his usual clothes from slovenian supermarkets?
>>
>>7942604

I agree. He's clearly taking the tame middle-ground without saying anything of substance here in this video. Not a single thing in that video represented a concrete idea/solution. Just generalities that are obvious.

>There should be some distance
>There are also active elements
>They might find me weird
>I find some of their things weird

Almost nothing of substance. All while completely ignoring the reasons for why this immigration is happening in the first place and evading from providing a concrete reply/solution.
>>
I'm not saying this thread belongs on /pol/ because it's full of far right retards which it is it is but it belongs on /pol/ because it doesn't belong on /lit/
>>
>>7942047
Reported, back to /pol/ :^)
>>
>>7942047
>NO, SORRY!
based ziz
>>
>>7942879
>>>/e/nd yourself.
>>
>>7942879
>he rejects extremes
>extremes
>didn't give a stance

I'd like to eat your flesh
>>
>>7943909
ah, monsieur, i rather believe it belongs in >>7943376
>>
>>7943263
Zizek is explicit against those that are obsessed with identity politics and is pretty explicit about this in his philosophy. Are you actually familiar with him or just making broad sweeping statements because he's a leftist?
>>
>>7942604
>I feel that he rejects extremes to seem the grounded.

>he explicitly identifies as a communist
>he's fervently anti-consumerism
>he's rather explicit with his sexual imagery
>he has a picture of Stalin over his bed.

In what way does he "reject extremes to seem grounded?"
>>
>>7943909
Do you work in the Civil Service? You seem like a perfect candidate.
>>
Cathy Newman is such a weird looking little cunt. Hope she dies slowly of AIDS.
>>
>>7942047
Sounds like his mouth is filled with excessive amounts of spit
>>
>>7944256
Agreed.

>>7942818
Do you think he employs those movements on purpose? He's surely an experienced debater/speaker and knows what subtle tactics give one ground. But if you were to argue that the spastic motions were an unfair distraction, couldn't you say the same about the interviewer's youth and beauty? I know I'm disarmed to some extent talking to a pretty girl, I can't help it.
>>
>>7942047
>>>/his/
>>
>>7942604
he himself would be probably offended if you called him intelligent

its just words like capitalism, marxism, ideology appear in his thoughts more frequently than pussy, football, beer, probably b/c of his upbringing or smth
>>
>>7943263
You clearly don't know a thing about the man. Get your head out of your arse and stop identifying all politics with the two ridiculously ignorant extremes
>>
>>7944287
Quick where's my fedora jpeg
>>
>>7944352
>sexual attraction has no effect on me
>way too cool for that, dude
>>
>>7944363
Pretty girls are just foolish apes like the rest of us
>>
>>7944367
I'm not a vulcan though, I can't rationalize that stuff while I'm engaged in conversation with somebody who has strong visual appeal (maybe pheromone signals). Your mood and energy changes when somebody peaks your arousal whether it is logical or not, and people have been known to take advantage of this.

I recognize that we're all humans and that nobody needs to be placed on a pedestal, but in the spur of the moment this cognitive factor means nothing. Your brain says 'make her favorable' so you're less argumentative and more likely to compromise, etc.
>>
she looks like he was constantly spitting in her face.
>>
>>7944384
>Your brain says 'make her favorable' so you're less argumentative and more likely to compromise, etc.

That's just the result of a submissive personality, hardly a universal trait.
>>
*sniffs*
>>
>>7944470
Elliot Rodger please stop pretending to be muh big strong alpha master race on the internet
>>
Why does Europe need mudslimes and shitskins anyway? Send them all back or gas them.
>>
>The only way to fight the destructive forces of global capital is through transnational connections
I don't understand. The only way to fix globalization is to intensify it.
>>
>>7944384
Taking a shit load of meds fucked up my hormone system. I can fap, but I got to work at it.

Girls pussy game don't work on me anymore.

You have no idea how clearly you see things when you're not thinking with your dick. They just look like faces with paint on them, and when they give that quirky smile that usually has you agreeing with them? Nope, doesn't work.
>>
>>7944551
I think you're ready to get your prostate pounded by a large, strong man. You'll shamefully leak all over yourself. Welcome to homosexuality you fucking nerd.
>>
File: 1460986713015.jpg (114 KB, 495x731) Image search: [Google]
1460986713015.jpg
114 KB, 495x731
>>7942047 "multiculturalism" needs a strong sense of nationality to survive, if it can at all. Otherwise it's a time bomb. History has never proven otherwise.
>>
>>7944555
But i find men repulsive.... I like girls it's just that they can't manipulate me anymore.
>>
>>7942879

you're a retard. a special kind of retard.
>>
>>7943001
>>7943231

these are both true.

>>7943242

because "communists" today bare very little resemblance to communists fifty years ago.

you yourself are guilty of this, but then again you're a literal mouthbreather. liberalism has been equaled with leftism which it clearly should not. identity politics have nothing to do with marxism. read a book.

>>7943263

you're also retarded. zizek has never been and will never be a nationalist. not everyone who opposes immigration is a nationalist.
>>
>>7944141

good post
>>
>>7944565
>>7944551

in what ways do you find out girls have been manipulative? I'm genuinely curious because its rare to see someone who isn't affected by their hormones so you genuinely have a shot at providing some objectively neutral observations. what did you notice that you were blindsided to before?
>>
>>7944551
>>7944565

you're an embarrassment. stop posting.
>>
>>7944572
>you're also retarded. zizek has never been and will never be a nationalist. not everyone who opposes immigration is a nationalist.

he's clearly coming to a realization that european culture is inherently superior and that it shouldn't be diluted by adding inferior cultures. he just won't come out with it in those terms. he talks about identity politics cloaked in philosophical rhetoric so it sounds like he's not really talking about it in a concrete, applicable way so he can get away with some deviation, rather than coming out and saying that the current manifestation of race and gender politics is wrong and counter-productive, which would be too controversial for him.

he knows he would be eaten alive if he came out with these positions clearly.
>>
>>7944620

>he's clearly coming to a realization that european culture is inherently superior

wrong. you're projecting so fucking hard right now. what he is saying is that we europeans have gotten weak and have abandoned our ideals, which we should pick up again.

>inherently superior
>inferior cultures

you're so fucking deluded. don't you see just how much you are inserting? he never mentions any of this. you're the most "confirmation biased" poster on 4chan i've ever encountered.

> rather than coming out and saying that the current manifestation of race and gender politics is wrong and counter-productive

you're a fucking retard. zizek openly says that identity politics (gender politics? you fucking mouthbreather) is deluding the left and elads nowhere. read any book by him, watch any statement by him. he is saying this o p e n l y. it has always been his stance.

he literally says in a recent interview with sz (süddeutsche zeitung): "the left today is weak, because instead of acting they are comfortable being the opposition. they sit on their moral high horse instead of acting".

>which would be too controversial for him.

ffs

>he knows he would be eaten alive if he came out with these positions clearly.

he already did, but you're oblivious. just kill yourself you waste of air.
>>
>>7944620
Hello sir, I'm here to pick up your argument and bury it in a child sized coffin after >>7944658 killed it.
>>
>>7944688
>Hello sir
I bet you're fat and go to a free school :P
>>
>>7944585
Once a girl who had always acted nice to me didn't want to be my girlfriend, even after all the gifts I gave her. She was clearly manipulating me the whole time!
>>
>>7944893
who pays for your schooling
>>
>>7944572
>liberalism has been equaled with leftism which it clearly should not
t. retard who doesn't understand the difference between liberalism as a social philosophy and liberalism as an economic system
>>
>>7944620
>>7944658
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>7944978
>>7944688
Wrong website guys, you can't upvote here
>>
File: 1437415787016.jpg (11 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1437415787016.jpg
11 KB, 386x387
>>7944987
the fact is you got bum pirated by another anon and now you're mad
>>
>>7944969

all i was saying is that /pol/tatds equative being a leftie with being a liberal, whats ur point?
>>
>>7942047 "multiculturalism" needs a strong sense of nationality to survive, if it can at all. Otherwise it's a time bomb. History has never proven otherwise.
>>
File: 1444217497593.jpg (22 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1444217497593.jpg
22 KB, 650x650
>>7945115
if nobody replied to you the first time there's no point in posting it a second time kid
>>
>>7944565
Allowing yourself to be seduced by a woman, or any other thing, is not allowing yourself to be manipulated. Manipulation is when somebody has some intent to misdirect you beneath your notice. I'm big on that /fit/ness game, so eating clean is a big deal. However, I don't think that a well made hamburger is trying to manipulate me by simply being appealing. On one hand I see the draw of its artifice, but on the other I have the capacity to stop looking so that I can enjoy the fucking burger in all it's presentational and flavorful glory when the time comes. Don't blame women because you're autistic, anon. The way you're looking at women is a reflection of your lack of social calibration; not a reflection of some innate quality of women. You're afraid of your lack, so you choose to remain aloof. It's a strong and good ability, but it will ruin your life if you don't know how to turn it off.
>>
>>7945182

this is a good post
>>
>>7942915
hey reddit!
>>
this is absurdly funny but zizek is retarded
>>
How is what he is saying any different from a casual right winger that appears on Fox News?
>>
>>7945586

you retarded boyo?
>>
>>7945710
prove me wrong
>>
>>7944987
Wrong website pleb, you got rekt here. Why not try reddit where people are less likely to destroy you?
>>
Made some great points on Nations and Culture
>>
>>7943239
Fuck you
>>
>>7945907
shut the FUCK up
>>
>>7943242
Zizek conspiracies are funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEJW3INm58
http://www.leftforum.org/content/zizek-delenda-est
>Is Slavoj Zizek a US propaganda psyop? I want to ask my comrades on the left to consider the possibility. After years of research, I have come to the conclusion that Zizek is a charlatan posing as a "Stalinist" to both discredit communists by performing a caricature Bolshevik and simultaneously, to smuggle fascist ideas including old fashioned Aryan supremacism and 19th century race theory, back into public discourse disguised as radical left critique of liberalism. I will focus on how he exploits his radical left image to spread imperialist propaganda and disinformation. I'll trace the origins of the Zizek Industry to his first anointing by the New Left Review, then edited by (among others) Quentin Hoare and Branka Magas, Croatian Nationalists and Tudjman supporters and founders of the Bosnian Institute, as the Balkan Leftist who would initiate, in 1990, the dominant strain of imperialist propaganda about Yugoslavia, and yet further back to his career as an antiMarxist, antiCommunist "dissident" and Slovene ethnic nationalist. I will discuss the way he has influenced a generation to the point where now right wing and reactionary ideas as well as pure white house disinformation and propaganda are routinely packaged as hip "lefty" and "radical" thought.

They also implied that Zizek published a translation of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in 1989 for the first time in Slovenia.
>>
>>7946184
no u
>>
>>7942047
My God... that reporter... so stupid.
>>
>>7942879
die of aids
>>
>>7943373
/thread
>>
>>7943876
you do realize this was like a 4 minute interview on a news program, it necessarily had to be stated in broad strokes
>>
Zizek is a fraud, a hack, a plagiarist, and a pseud.

Also one of my favorite people to listen to.

And a great communicator, lisp and accent included.

He's able to sneak massive ideas into pop-media because of his affable persona.

Zizek is a spook?
>>
>>7944551
>You have no idea how clearly you see things when you're not thinking with your dick. They just look like faces with paint on them, and when they give that quirky smile that usually has you agreeing with them? Nope, doesn't work.
jesus christ what is wrong with you
>>
>>7946418
The meter is off, and the fourth line doesn't even rhyme.
>>
>>7943373
>>7946315
Tits or gtfo
>>
File: CWC22c.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CWC22c.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
Why is Zizek dressed like Chris Chan?
>>
File: 1433517539651.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1433517539651.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>dude just cede European territory to Muslims lmao
>shilling for the EU
at least he knows deep down we can't coexist
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.