[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books that explicitly contain the moral "It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
File: Rovaniemi1.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Rovaniemi1.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
Are there any books that explicitly contain the moral "It is perfectly fine to be a virgin"?
>>
No because it's not something most people give a shit about. Literally such a non-issue nobody ever felt the need to say it. I want you to leave this board but go somewhere other than /r9k/, it's killing you.
>>
>>7929191
>such a non-issue nobody ever felt the need to say it

You haven't most Zoroastrianism texts, have you?
>>
The Holy Bible.
>>
I dont think so but I'll write one for ya, OP
>>
>>7929210

I doubt that to a degree that many would label "much"
>>
>>7929213
Why's that? I think it would be fun to write such a story.
>>
Is being a virgin really that much of an issue to you? Speaking for myself, as a 29 year old kissless virgin, being perceived as a virgin is what worries me, not the fact that I am actually a virgin. If I kissed a girl at a bar or something and my friends saw me doing it, this whole problem would disappear because they would then assume that I had sex too.
>>
>>7929219

Where would the character find happiness without being labeled autistic?
>>
>>7929227
>happiness must come from sex/relationships
You've much to learn, young padawan
>>
never understood how and why people got so wrapped up in their virginity
like if you're a lifelong kissless virgin it's really not something the general public would even know about, much less care
stop worrying about others and live your life and pussy will come to you
>>
>>7929231
I don't know where you live but here people do care a lot. Almost all my colleagues are rating and discussing our female coworkers in my job, and seducing a girl is a huge part of a male recognition around here. The few who don't care are often thought to be homosexual and pretty much excluded from the group.
>>
>>7929231
Considering how obvious it is when a "man" you've met is a virgin, I'd disagree.
>>
>>7929231
>will come to you
did you get this from The Secret?

>>7929241
Are your "coworkers" 12 year old classmates?
>>
>>7929241
are you in middle school?
>>7929242
not even. it's all about how you carry yourself
>>7929249
no, personal experience
>>
>>7929242
>people actually think this
>>
>>7929249
>>7929252
Many are married and engaged, and none are uncultured as far as I know. It's more of a “game” and I pretty much like it despite I'm homosexual. Some of the women are aware and don't take it seriously. What kind of environment/sector do you work in? I'm frankly surprised you don't have the same experience.
>>
well if you're a virgin because you actively abstain from sex then that's a valid reason but if you just can't get someone to fuck you then there might be a problem especially if you percieve your virginity as a burden

so if you need confirmation in order to know whether or not it's aight for you to be a virgin then your virginity is an issue i'd say
>>
>>7929257
well i mean yeah sure that shit happens between male coworkers but to actually ostracize you for not caring to be part of the discussion is juvenile
>>
>>7929189
My Twisted World
written by
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7929263
“ostracize” is a powerful word. I would say such people are considered “weird”, less interesting. It's probably a meme but they sound like they're “fedora”, despising the others for being allegedly less intelligent, seen as “dull” by most women, focusing on weird activities and thinking sports are for mindless chads. Actually, even the more “geeky” coworkers who love Japan, anime, “League of Legends” and things like that play the game and are pretty much enjoyed. Anyway, that's not my point.
>>
>>7929280
this sound like someone took their high school's dynamics and coated it so /lit/ wouldn't know they hadn't graduated it yet
>>
>>7929189
It is perfectly fine, unless you're a woman, then you have no excuse.
>>
>>7929356
Well, that's how it works here. I don't know what I can add.
>>
>>7929189
That photo was taken in my hometown, just few kilometres away from where I used to live. I am also a 24-year-old kissless virgin.

I don't recall making this thread...
>>
>>7929229
I hate you
>>
File: 1454550397126.jpg (156 KB, 702x1118) Image search: [Google]
1454550397126.jpg
156 KB, 702x1118
>hear people talking about sex
>literally don't care since I cant relate

sexual feelings feel more annoying than anything, just something to get out of the way
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x360
Gene Green probably
>>
The catcher in the rye
>>
Melvin McLippy's "How To Be a Wizard in Real Life!"
>>
The Kreutzer Sonata, though it's not written from a virgin's perspective, and wouldn't hold up to the internet virginity cult.
>>
>>7929241
get a less pleb job dude, where do u work? a bar or something?
>>
>>7929189
the more interesting question would be to find books where that wasn't the case
>>
I've met to many liberated women who cry after fucking to think that anyone escapes sex in their life. Having it, or not having it, it plays a part in who you are.

That being said I think the only thing most virgins actually give a fuck about is the stigma that they are only a Virgins because of some critical flaw.
>>
>>7929224
Are you afraid of women?
>>
>>7930506
This was my first thought too.
>>
>>7930530
>because of some critical flaw.

Yep.
>>
>>7929263

Men care about this shit in private life anon. It doesn't matter whether you're working construction, finance or being a doctor. Any time you have a group of men who have some level of camaraderie together, they're going to talk sex. The world is not your high school, or your college, or whatever un-sexed (ridiculous to suppose that of a college, I know) place youve been brought up to believe is normal in adult society, but actually isn't. And here's the thing. It doesn't go away, not throughout middle age.

I can remember myself being younger, and even before any bootybothering about virginity, r9k culture etc... I would read art books that were constantly interpreting dick-this and vagina-that in artworks where I didn't immediately see the connection. And I remember being annoyed: "not everything is sex!" Except it really, really is in modern culture, with the instinct laid beneath, and foundational of that culture. And the older you get, the more you really realize that that's the case. That's why I know you're young, because you think common male behavior "x" is "juvenille", you have to explain it away somehow as somehow aberrant. Except it literally isn't, it's literally normal. That's how normies organize themselves.

Eventually, at my old factory job, a guy started asking me if I had "broken in" my new apartment yet. I dodged him and he made a few gay jokes and then left it alone.
>>
>>7929189
the great catch is that you only realise that getting your dick wet is nothing special is that you need to do it to realise it.

just fuck some slut, mate
>>
>>7930625

I would add to this that businesses prefer to advance family men, which can be interpreted as such according to two angles, which are not mutually exclusive.

On the one hand, the guy with a family HAS to feed his kid, and has a greater stake in society generally. So they're willing to put up with certain inconveniences, to a point (everyone has their limits), which a boss likes. In a sense, participating fully in society allows a man to be controlled more effectively by an employer, by a social group, etc. The single edgelord with his own means can just fuck off at the first (in)convenience, which is part of why he is not trusted, or only trusted to a point.

The other closely related angle is that the family man is "fully" participating in society. He's doing the "right" things, so he in addition to his skill set is presumed to be a responsible adult, and so this redounds to his perception by a boss, employer etc. Hence, more advancement-if he's up to the task.
>>
>>7930530
>I think the only thing most virgins actually give a fuck about is the stigma that they are only a Virgins because of some critical flaw.

my hamartia...
>>
That's kind of a Catch 22, isn't it OP?

The problem of adult virginity is a problem of isolation and loneliness. Of a lack of companionship and intimacy. It's a person that feels so utterly worthless they can't get the courage to touch another human being.

How is a book going to explore that as a topic and then really come to the conclusion "it's perfectly fine."

If it was perfectly fine it wouldn't be discussed in the novel. You can't discuss how something is so desperate and miserable and at the same time push the idea it's "perfectly fine".

So basically. Look for any novel about a virgin that isn't about him fucking.

I'm assuming you're not talking about asexuality or chaste people though, but instead someone that longs for intimacy and sex but it allows falls out of reach.
>>
>>7929189
My diary tbph fammy.
>tfw regret losing virginity and being a slut.
>>
if you're not purposefully shutting yourself away from the world it's obviously not fine, that's why it's not normal
>>
>>7930531
>Are you afraid of women

not him but I am desu. I find it difficult to understand them when it comes to dating.
>>
>>7929189
http://alexsheremet.com/the-red-pill-feminism-the-missing-synthesis/

Take the pill.
>>
>>7931705
I am a perfectly well adjusted 26 yo virgin. I have friends, a job, hobbies, and so on. It's just that I'm ugly as sin. It's not been a problem so far, I just don't talk about it.
>>
>>7931754
Fuck off Dan
>>
File: 002564a3b3021837abdf61.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
002564a3b3021837abdf61.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>7931763
>>
>>7929242
It's because a lot of them either bring it up or bitch about women. It may be related to why they are virgins but it's not like all virgins are like that.
>>
>>7929242
lol what are the signs?

everytime i said i was people were surprised
>>
>>7930523
Audit, Tax & Corporate Services.
>>
>>7930646
Read as
>The single edgelord with his own memes

I need to fuck off and go to sleep, wew
>>
>>7930496
Fuck, this. When the conversation strays to sex I can't wait for it to move on, because I have nothing to contribute and the longer we talk the more likely it is that my virginity will be obvious.

The desire for sex just gets in my way of reading. Then I jack off and can get back to my books.
>>
>>7929189

comus by john milton
>>
>>7931865
>everytime i said i was people were surprised
ditto, in my experience being the kind of guy who seems like a virgin is not a symptom of virginity but an explanation for why they havent gotten any
>>
>>7929189
why does virginity matter?
-because people know that women cannot keep their legs closed
-because people know that most men never amount to anything

virginity is the best discriminant for people:
-good women are not tramps
-good men manage to make something of their lives (and, since women are loose by nature, fucking a woman is not so hard (if you do not fuck a woman, you better be good at something else))

naturally, this utopia never occurs:
-women spread their legs chasing their fun, especially through good sex, thanks to the men ready to serve them
-very few men go beyond women
men never amount to anything besides providing entertainment for women, since providing for women is the easiest thing, especially when it comes to giving them gifts.
>>
>>7930625
>"not everything is sex!" Except it really, really is in modern culture, with the instinct laid beneath, and foundational of that culture.
yes, but only because people make it sex related (since they cannot do anything else with their life)
>>
I guess the book would play up all the negative consequences of sex and the hero is vindicated in the end for being a virgin? Make sure he's black.
>>
>>7932760
>black
>virgin
>>
>>7932808
hi
>>
>be a woman
>be hungry
>go out
>notice that a few men bring you food
>take the food
>notice that the few men are now even happier
>get hungry again
>the same men bring you the same food
>the same men are happy to see you and that you take their food
>nice
>get bored with the food
>get hungry again
>new men bring you new food
>first men get upset for taking the food from the new men
>first men call you a foodzie
>you did not even wanted to hurt the first men
>still get hungry
>still the new men bring you food and become happy when you take their food
>carry on until you die
>>
>>7929204

Oh the great-grandaddy of life-denying dualism? There was no need.
>>
>>7929189
No, because it's not true
>>
File: 45974.jpg (36 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
45974.jpg
36 KB, 267x400
>>7929189
Wessex Tales
The Brief and Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao
Book of Disquiet
This is just to mention a few. There are shit loads of books on that topic.
>>
>>7930490
most religions will help you here
>>
>>7932808
I see you haven't spent much time on [r9k], you spared gracious soul.
>>
>>7934285
hello degenerate
>>
>>7929266
That's the polar opposite of a work telling op that it's okay to be a v
>>
OP your picture is super feelsy
>>
File: IMG_20160416_234758256.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160416_234758256.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>7930625
I'm 30 from Europe, academic, with a good sex life and nowhere I worked (e.g. Siemens) did people rate girls like high schoolers or talk much about sex.
I have some obvious virgin friend (hackers etc.) and I surely wouldn't start talking with them about sex, even if we'ee level headed and could openly talk about the fact that I have sex and they don't.
>>
Confessions by St. Augustine

Literally the whole book is him bitching about having throbbing erections and porking Carthagian babes, I've never read something so bizarre in my life. "Oh, I'm so sorry, my life is so horrible, I squirted inside of a tight little blonde," rinse and repeat.
>>
>>7935565
u study stats lad?
>>
>>7935571
Roughly speaking, I did my PhD in Statiatical Physics
>>
Siddharta by Hesse
>>
>>7935087
Wondrous* not wonderful
>>
>>7929189
I was in Rovaniemi February last year. The most comfy place I've ever been to. Good nightlife. Too bad we had to leave early next morning back to base because I could have had that pussy.
>>
>>7929189
The Bible, at least the Pauline epistles and maybe Plato
>>
women despise virgins because they are to unreliable as a source of pleasures. A few women have some fantasy about being fucked by virgins, but this is only temporary and men more experienced will always take over.
>>
>>7935087
>The Brief and Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao
>Oscar literally gets killed just so he can get some roastie Dominican prostitute, whose pussy tastes like Heineken.

Shit was fucking tragic to read, still, he didn't help himself.
>>
>>7929189
The humanity is here thanks to men choosing to take pride in serving women and thanks to women loving to be served.
=>Nobody likes a virgin boy
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.