[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post Ideas for stories you'll probably never write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: Comedy and Tragedy.jpg (38 KB, 489x381) Image search: [Google]
Comedy and Tragedy.jpg
38 KB, 489x381
>>
A novel without characters, something along the lines of Koyaanisqatsi.
>>
>>7910297

I like it
But how
>>
i toyed with the idea of writing a fictionalized biography of zyzz but i don't really want to write a whole book about a meme

i might still make a short story out of it
>>
>>7910272
A historical novel about the events leading up to Ingolf Arnarson's expulsion from Norway and his journey to Iceland.
>>
>>7910300
I don't know really, maybe the creation of an allegory inside of a architectural/geological narrative that spams events from Pre-History to today; for example: narrate Pompeii destruction by Mount Vesuvius within that framework and put an abstract concept as the chapter name. Chances that would be a very boring book though, and would need sublime prose to work.
>>
a retelling of my first acid trip
i'd love to do it, but the thing is i have no clue how to make it sound like the 13 hour beautiful experience that it was
>>
>>7910272
A musical, but like, in book form
>>
A story about my erection and the journey to satisfy its craving for sexy women
>>
>>7910308
>searches whole life for for long lost brother 'Mirin'
>asks everyone he meets whether they are him
>eventually finds him in Thai sauna
>the shock causes massive coronary
>>
>>7910907

jesus man. i'd be just horrified for a while after reading that book. (is that by any chance the feeling that you're attempting to evoke?)
>>
File: 1459905341731.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1459905341731.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>7910907
Sounds amazing. I know I would read it.
>>
>construction workers on hard times convince a firearms heiress that ghosts are pissed at her for all the people killed by her family's guns
>the head construction worker wears a turban with a feather and jewel in it all the time and convinces her the ghosts want her to have a mansion built forever
>tfw endless labor opportunity
>construction workers go insane/die trying to build the mansion
>construction worker with turban dies and becomes a ghost and now has to find a way to get out of the mansion
>comedy ensues
>>
An absurdist novel about a guy with a plastic knob on the back of his head.
>>
The tale of a frog, his swamp, and an unwanted guest
>>
>>7910960
how wallacean
>>
Characters who are embodiments of a number of different new-age philosophies like The outsider by Collin (second name) and I suppose a bit like Bros Karamazov and how they interact and do things
>>
>>7910951
Winchester Mystery House?
>>
>>7910981
Sounds like it
>>
>>7910981
Yes, but it would be more of a surrealist satire of the events and the time it actually took place in.
>>
>>7911003
I'd read it. I hope you write it and get it out there.
>>
>>7910272
I would like write something like chronicles,write about a different types of people,their lives,events,and somehow connect and fuse them in that story,and then I would reveal myself at the end...Thought anons?
>>
>>7911004
Glad you like the idea, maybe one day I'll start doing some actual research for it. I feel like it could at least be a marginally entertaining short novel.
>>
About a sociopath girl that destroys her boyfriends in subtle ways. Eg one will never be able to smell a certain perfume without tasting her like blood in his mouth

Story bout a mentally ill person who thinks (s)he's dreaming and tells their friend (they realise it like a lucid dream)

Turns out they're not dreaming, but the whole book it'd seem very legit
>>
>>7910272
A ridiculously long record of every thought I think from the moment I start to the moment I die, which would, I hope, capture the process of human change.
>>
>>7911074
>thinking people would ever bother reading this
>>
>>7910966
That sounds oddly familiar. Would the visitor by any chance have 4 legs?
>>
A man who only remembers what he has written on paper and eaten, but remembers everything written on paper he has eaten - the prankster scribe who writes the voynich manuscript - the spirits of Kimberly Clark and Philip Rosenau in a romantic musical about bathroom supplies - the moment a fist hits my nose, in incredible detail - a man without a nose and his obsession with voldemort - the discovery of hand sanitizer in the middle ages, in a small village during the plague, and people fighting over it
>>
>>7911081
>thinking I'll actually write it
>>
a historical novel set during the irish troubles from the point of view of a 9 year old boy with autism who has a beautiful singing voice
>>
>>7910297
Isn't that pretty much what Hebdomeros is ?
>>
>>7910310
Hi Verner.
>>
>>7910529
So Gravity's Rainbow ?
>>
>>7910272
A person who is actually two people, at the start of the story, he is able to fully control both of his 'selves', however his entire conscious is contained into one of his selves. When he wants to get the other person to do something he is able to do so by giving that person a certain task, and that other person will act in a way that the main character exactly would if they were doing the same thing.

When other people see him and both of the 'people' are there, they're only able to see one person. This allows for the main character to use this to his advantage, as he sends his other person out to do things that the main character might not be necessarily comfortable in doing.

The plot of the story arises when the main character's other self starts acting in a way that the main character wouldn't, and the main character has no idea how to stop it.
>>
>future
>self driving cars
>when someone steps in front of car on road, car protects passenger's well-being over pedestrian's
>when two people step in front of car on road, car protects pedestrians' well-being over passenger's
>man must figure out a way to market this car as people display reticence towards buying a car that won't protect them all the time while dealing with the morals of this issue

I don't think it would stretch out to more than a short story.
>>
I wrote a story for the critique threads earlier this year and I kinda want to write a prequel story but I doubt I ever will. The original story was about a sociopathic soccer mom who is eventually sort of redeemed. The prequel would be about her time in high school, and how she bullied other students. I wasn't happy with how I ended the original story - I definitely rushed it - so I'll probably revise it for my own sake before I seriously consider writing another related story.
>>
>>7910895
That sounds like the best idea ever.
>>
>>7910895
Rape?
>>
>>7911168
Someone on reddit wrote and posted a good version of this 2 months back
>>
>>7911306
why dont you head back there buddy
>>
A 7 year old boy gets a dog for his birthday, but he soon realizes that the dog is the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

I'm not sure how to make it work, other than that it would be a comedy, and that the title would be "Literally Hitler".
>>
>>7911319
I would read this. When I was 7 I had a dog who hated blacks and Latinos. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>7910313
How wouldn't the volcano/object/image be a character? And wouldn't the narrator be a character if it is all discourse
>>
File: 621038-funny-hypnotoad.jpg (357 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
621038-funny-hypnotoad.jpg
357 KB, 1280x1707
>>7911168
You can murder a person by stepping in front of his car with a baby/babies in your arms.
>>
>>7911310
i also visit r/4chan to enjoy /b/ without ever actually going there

does that make u more angry
>>
>>7911142
Is that what it is? I haven't read it. Sounds neat
>>
I had an idea for a novel recently about a group of writers who are commissioned by a wealthy benefactor to write the perfect sentence. They are holed up together on a single floor of an office building and end up procrastinating and sleeping with each like characters in a Joseph Heller novel. At about the midway point, a former flame of one of the characters enters the picture, an strikingly beautiful and alluring woman with borderline personality disorder whose life the characters find themselves increasingly sucked into, while the plot of the novel disintegrates and the focus becomes increasingly on her. The final chapter is like the end of Ulysses, narrated in a stream-of-consciousness way from her perspective -- she has finally assumed control, and that's where the novel ends, with all the other characters forgotten about and the momentum of the novel completely and finally consumed by the sheer force of her presence. I really think this is an idea worth pursuing and I've done some cursory work on it, but I would appreciate if somebody would tell me that it sounds ridiculous and pretentious so that I don't have to bother wasting my time to find out otherwise.
>>
>>7911351
There's a King of The Hill episode about this.
>>
>>7911370
Well not entirely, but probably about half of the book is made up of lyrical poetry.
>>
A story where anti-natalism is slowly taking root within its universe and follows soldiers of a militia for their country's new colony along with the settlers that live in it. Each of them are split on how they should finish out the remainder of their lives as their nationalism and belief in themselves as individuals dwindles.

>Pretentious pessimistic faggot go kill yourself instead
>>
I've written part of a story in which the protagonist finds himself inside a world that acts as a macrocosm of his own mind. Much like a dream or a hallucination, the world changes as his mind does, and he is capable only of following the sun and cannot move in any other direction. Eventually the world sinks, the sun goes away, and the character goes into the sea where he is consumed by blackness and realizes the entire journey was about the death of his ego and his physical body as he becomes one with the world he has traversed.

I'll probably never actually finish it, but the story is titled "Terminus" for the time being.
>>
>>7911101
No, the visitor would be a man that builds a farmhouse and moves his family there
>>
>>7911373
Sounds good. I'd read it
>>
>>7910272

Stealing all the semi-good ideas for my new short story collection.

Regards, Tao
>>
A story about the grim reaper and coming across a man whom he doesn't want to kill
>>
The old mentor guy turns out to be the real villain all along, and what appeared to be the villain was just seen in a really bad light do to unfortunate circumstances.

Never seen it done good once and I'd like to do it but I am are bad at writtong.
>>
>>7910272
This one guy goes to the store to buy milk, and then overhears a dialectical paradox which forces him to slowly go mad and murder 5040 women because they don't care about him.
>>
>>7911503
Thanks anon. A bit of encouragement makes all the difference when it comes to something as lonely as writing.
>>
I have a few.
>1
A collection of short stories based on various dreams I've had which I'll somehow all tie together through various threads, whether it is minor characters or settings and likewise.

>2
A short story about a man who finds a place of wishes. His most wanted wish is to want to live, so his wish comes to life and by his manifest wish attempting to kill him it starts the desire inside the man to live.

>3
A short story about how Elton John killed Diana in order to sell records. Some timeline looping in the vein of andromeda strain sets up the plot as well.

>4
A fantasy novel (possibly series) called "The Talendor Tales."
The world itself is called Talendor. If I did a series I'd kind of like to focus on new characters in each new novel, so the setting would remain the same mostly.

>5
A book called, "The Tribe of Winter." About a group of families who live much like viking nords did. However the setting is in the future after nuclear war wiped much of humanity out, and is during a nuclear winter.

>7
A novel set in the Fox Islands in maine. A sort of thiller with some paranormal undertones, somewhat in the vein of Stephen King. However it would be very purple prose and written in an exaggerated style.

>8
A novel set in a post apocalyptic setting where much of humanity is died out. Think fallout, but with nature being preserved, and cities slowly crumbling into ruin. The book centers around several characters who all have intertwining stories. From a man looking for something to a woman trying to get rich.

>??????
Then I have a few that I only have titles thought up for with basic plots related to said titles.

A book/short story called Isolation Isle, about a remote island.

A short story called, "Past and Present: Together at last." Thinking it would be postmodernist humor and science fiction.

A short novella called, "Jungle Jim." About a guy named jim who lives in the forest.

A Thriller called, "Silent Thunder."

A short story about a priest who knows something shocking about a man and his girlfriend through confessional and must decide whether to uphold his holy duties and remain out of it, or whether action must be taken.

A novel/short story set in the distant future when humanity has moved far beyond our world. Earth is now a vacation site and is basically a giant museum about Humanities History.

And a short story about a mysterious man aboard some form of transportation called, "The Passenger."
>>
>>7910272
I have to start taking screenshots of all my shitposts for the my "Selected Shitposts" book.
>>
>>7911373
Really great, anon. I'd love to read that. Go for it.
>>
>>7910272

A teenage obsessed with espionage discovers an old man likes to privately listen into the other tenants private matters using former intelligence equipment. The two form a bond and discuss whether privacy is a right or privilege along with many other things. When something happens involving one of their neighbours, they contemplate whether or not it is right to get involved directly or just let the incident pass.
>>
File: googoomash.jpg (23 KB, 233x492) Image search: [Google]
googoomash.jpg
23 KB, 233x492
A dude who does a lot of stuff but then another dude starts messing up his stuff. Then they fight. But then they realise they are brothers and they are happy. But then some other dude is annoyed and sends a lady to mess them up and then they fight her. The new brother dies :( so the other brother starts worrying about death. He goes on a long journey and ends up in heave lol ikr but then it turns out he cant be immortal even after this so he goes home and dies.
>>
>>7911373
It actually sounds decently interesting
>>
A dog goes on an odyssey through the city looking for his missing testicles.
>>
fantasy novel about a mute protagonist. All of the protagonist's actions, behaviours and decisions are told through the deuteragonists' interactions with them. No particular plot in mind, just thought it would be an interesting challenge, though nowhere near as interesting as >>7910297
protagonist isn't mute, the deuteragonists just don't understand his language and vice versa. Protagonist just kinda going along with these jackasses because they won't leave them alone and company is nice sometimes
>>
Some sort of post-apocalyptic styled novel - it starts during the years roughly around 463AD in the Byzantine Empire. A man is taken ill with a terrible sickness, and experiences hallucinations and fever-like dream states. When he wakes, he finds himself in The Levant not long after the First Crusade arrives at the gates of Jerusalem. The main character basically flits between 463AD and 1099AD depending on his state of health.
>>
Future setting, where science has come to an end and everything that can be researched, has been. The only occupation is for people to be artists.

Also another setting or the same, I'm not really sure, where an old man drifts through space and makes contact with an alien race for the first time in human history. Turns out that the aliens are just humans from another planet, leading him to believe that this is proof of God.

I know they're shit, but that's just one of the reasons I'll probably never get to work on these.
>>
>>7911003
So the Vorrh?
>>
File: 1455071533446.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1455071533446.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>7910272
>I'm on a dry spell
>post shit i can legally steal and market as my own

Sure friendpai
>>
A post apocalyptic retelling of the fall of troy. Two separate camps fight over one of the last remaining women in the world.
>>
>>7910318
It's almost impossible to write about drug experiences without being incredibly experienced in poetry and prose, and on top of that. that have had lots of experiences with drugs. I'd recommend reading Paradis Artificiels or some of the short essays of Thompson(he's not an incredible poet but has a really deep understanding of drugs and interesting prose).
>>
>>7910300
Middle part of Woolf's To the Lighthouse gets it right.>>7910297
>>
>>7911161
sounds too obvious and boring, you need a different issue

>>7911361
babies become the deadliest weapons and then a program to have licences to have babies starts; i like the idea

>>7911418
what are you trying to say with it?
>>
>>7911361
it's that easy to murder someone now. Just hit them with a car
>>
>>7910272
After visiting the rural town my family is from in Mexico, I've been trying to learn some Nahautl (Aztec).

I've thought about writing a book about the last king of the Aztecs, Cuauhtemoc, during the conquest by the Spanish and writing it completely in Nahuatl.
>>
>>7910272
The main character is being tortured by being in a endless loop. In which he has to relive his entire life countless times. Until he mentally breaks. Don't know if he should know about this or not
>>
>>7912209
>>7912572

I Like these
>>
Fictionalization of Alexander the Great circa 329-325BC. Focuses on mainly the Macedonian companions trying to deal with Alexander's growing Megalomania and adoption of Persian customs, main characters are Alexander, Hephaestion, Perdiccas, Ptolemy, Antipater, Roxxane, Eumenes and Calisthenes.
>>
Something about the ultra memelord who lives his life so ironically that, one day, when he meets a disgusting obese girl, he decides to seduce her ironically. He is, of course, aware that living his life in this smug, ridiculous way is only hurting him, but he beds the fatty nevertheless. Something about irony as a an escapism.
>>
A Karl Pilkington type character gets stranded in the Tokyo Underworld, and is forced to look after some JAV actress who is being hunted down by a Yakuza branch. I just want see the chemistry between a dopey, homely type northern englishman and the seedy Japanese underworld
>>
>>7913370
>>7913370

Sounds hilarious, I imagine something like

"Karl, we need to leave"

"They are only after you, I'm going to keep eating"

"It's a matter of life or death!"

"I don't really have much to live for"
>>
>>7913370
>>7913428
>so whats this harry karry that old fella told you to, Yumi?
>>
A story about a group of people travelling across the Earth that is full of giant spiders of varying sizes. Smallest being like the ones in Australia and biggest I don't know somewhere around house sized. Going from U.S to Brazil to Europe with the spiders getting bigger and smarter as they go.
>>
It's called I Have No Mouth and I Must Meme and it's about a deaf mute whose interactions with the world are completed entire through the medium of inarticulate and incoherent internet memes.
>>
File: 08-04-2016_1544_001.jpg (158 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
08-04-2016_1544_001.jpg
158 KB, 1600x1200
I'm not telling you. Your boorish lies won't deceive me again!
Do you think I'm dumb enough to fall for your scam?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.