[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a quarter into this and already I hate the human race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
I'm a quarter into this and already I hate the human race and want to kill myself.
Is this supposed to happen?
>>
humans are mostly terrible. you should know this already. you're on 4chan.
>>
>>7900728
I thought they were just memes, anon.
>>
what kind of name even is yuval noah harari? Is that jewish? watch out OP it could be a jewish ploy to spread the gay to you. You're already starting to post faggot threads.
>>
>>7900717
It didn't have that effect on me at all and I don't understand how it could. Please elaborate.
>>
>>7900717
you were supposed to read the bible anon, not some meme-tome
>>
>>7900749
It combined science with storytelling and moved me in a way that it made me both love and hate the human species.

>>7900744
Yeah I immediately looked up the name and it's an israeli jew.
>>
>>7900754
>It combined science with storytelling and moved me in a way that it made me both love and hate the human species
Care to give an example?
>>
>>7900737
What did you think memes were?
>>
>>7900766
>He thinks I haven't read it

Well, anon. He gives multiple possible causes for how and why we wiped out other human species. He gives the science and sensationalises it but turning into a story and making moral judgements. "farming industry is the most cruel crime of mankind"
>>
>>7900796
Great pieces of evil
>>
>>7900798
>He thinks I haven't read it
Didn't think so at all. I just wanted an example because, as I said, I didn't see why it would make you hate the human race. But now that you've given examples I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>7900834
It might sound incredibly preachy but we've brought destruction literally everywhere we went and screwed over our whole environment. But damnit we also sent someone to the moon.
>>
>>7900845
Well, on the other hand we're probably the only species that gives a fuck about how we affect other species and the environment and try to do something about it.
And it's not like we brought destruction intentionally, we're just trying to survive like any other animal.
>>
>>7900889
>And it's not like we brought destruction intentionally, we're just trying to survive like any other animal.
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
Evolution's fault for finally succeeding in creating an apex creature capable of ruling the world. Man must define his own purpose in life. Animals and the natural environment aren't automatically good/desirable or even necessary. Animals can suck it
>>
"We are *not* a noble people. Get over it. We are a despicable, selfish, yammering horde of fatuous apes who would sell our birthrights to the highest bidder to afford a few extra lounge chairs for the patio. We are worse than the decadent Romans. Even our decadence is submerged under a tidal wave of hypocritical psuedo-Puritan pablum."
- Citizen Ted, alt.tasteless: "Common Fucking Sense"
>>
>>7900798
>"farming industry is the most cruel crime of mankind"

he's a jew, and he's forgotten the Holocaust already? or were they farming the jews?

... schmendrick
>>
>>7901075
the biggest cause of deforestation in Africa is

elephants.

that's not inhuman behavior. it's inproboscidean.
>>
>>7900889
Survival isn't the most important thing in the world.
>>
>>7902801
T. First worlder
>>
>>7902833
At 7 billion people we've long passed the need to survive. Now we're just having babies for the sake of it.
>>
It's a question of perspective. We do have the ability to fuck up our environement and our competitors tremendously, but on the scale of the ecosystem, we're meaningless. If we were to destroy the whole surface of the planet with nuclear weapons, it's estimated that it would take two to five thousands years for the ecosystem to recalibrate and flourish again. That kind of time is nothing on a geological scale. Hundreds of species dissapear everyday, without any human influence. The real bastard is nature itself, the indifferent and rutheless force of reality.
>>
>>7902801
To almost any other animal it is.

That's sort of what I'm saying - we might have fucked over nature and a lot of animals, but do you think any other animal would even care, unless it affected them negatively? Do you think any other animal would ever think that it's own survival and well-being was not the most important thing in the world?
>>
>>7900717
it's a great fucking book and you should read all of it before making dumbass threads

>>7900754
he's homosex too. no kidding
>>
>>7902932
Evolutionarily speaking chicken, cattle, cows and humans are among the most successful species. Yet a lot of humans and most of the livestock is incredibly miserable and will never even be close to being as happy as a near extinct panda or rhinoceros. I know animals don't strictly care, but shouldn't humans care in their place?
>>
>>7902939
So I've read. I usually don't buy into the antisemetic 4chan memes about jew conspiracies, but it's not probably not a coincidence that so many people pushing for progressiveness/diversity/tolerance are jews. Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>7902932
And we're not "any other animal". That's the whole point.

>>7902854
>The real bastard is nature itself, the indifferent and rutheless force of reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTVlifTAdlM
>>
>>7902940
>Evolutionarily speaking chicken, cattle, cows and humans are among the most successful species
Vertebrates maybe but overall, not even close.
>>
>>7902945
>>7902854
It's true lads. The real great force of evil is nature itself and humans can only try to beat it and make earth a happy place.
>>
>>7902943
i'm an israeli jew and i assure you most /pol/tards have no idea what the hell they are talking about

not like anyone will believe me
>>
>>7902946
Sorry I meant animals that aren't completely shit.
>>
>>7902951
Can you explain?
>>
>>7902943
>but it's not probably not a coincidence that so many people pushing for progressiveness/diversity/tolerance are a people almost entirely historically defined by how they're a minority in a foreign land
>>
>>7902957
Not him, but most Jews are extremely conservative and quite poor.
It's just a few banking families and a bunch of non-observant Americans fucking things up for everyone.
>>
>>7902943
That's absolutely correct and perfectly logical, considering the content of the Torah and the Talmud, international politics related to Israel, etc.
>>
>>7902958
Fair point.
>>
>>7902957
jews get blamed for everything wrong going on in the world because for hundreds of years we've been the world's bogyman/scapegoat. it's true there are hardcore and extremely vocal libtard jews that fit the /pol/ stereotype but it doesn't portray the whole group or even most of it, the thing with jews is that it's also a very successful group so everything jews do is greatly amplified and thus gets much more attention
>>
>>7902940
>but shouldn't humans care in their place
A lot of people do, they protest against how animals are treated all the time and try to stop it, they stop eating meat or animal products altogether.

>>7902945
>And we're not "any other animal". That's the whole point.
Then I'm not sure what your issue with humanity is.
>>
>>7902972
What makes them so special? They were denied from entering guilds so they became bankers and lawyers, is that it?
>>
>>7902973
>Then I'm not sure what your issue with humanity is.
I was not the anon you were talking with earlier. But I felt like you were trying to justify that, for humanity, survival is the only thing that matters. I said that the fact that, for all animals, survival is the only important thing doesn't mean that it's the same for human.
>>
>>7902973
I have to admit. I'm an avid meat eater, but when I was reading the part of domestication of animals it almost made me want to become a vegetarian though.

I only buy biological though, problem solved.
>>
>>7902988
Basically. Banking and law takes intelligence, so there's also a fair bit of sexual pressure for that, more than among other demographics.
>>
>>7902994
Biological doesn't mean cruelty-free.
>>
>>7903005
Not strictly but in general it does.

>>7903001
Why are there so many in the media and movie business? Storytelling culture?
>>
>>7902988
i've heard all sorts of different explanations for this:

1) jewish people in europe did not work as farmers because jewish religious law forbids jews from working a land that isn't the holy land so they had no choice but to go for more innovate and risky field such as commerce instead of being peasents

2) because living conditions in europe were very harsh the best way to ensure survival was to study shitloads so you could marry someone of high status and get a decent job while the less successful jews died off. ashkenazi jewish IQ is really high compared to other ethnic groups and it's speculated it's because of this reason

when people talk abouts jews they usually mean ashkenazi jews (ie jews from europe), there are also mizrahi jews (kind of arab jews) that are somewhat different although they were also greatly sucssesful in arab lands compared to the natives so it's speculated it's also a jewish cultural thing
>>
>>7903006
jewish people were some of the first in the world to invest in film technology. then WWII happened and many jews moved to america and some found fortune as innovators in the film field
>>
>>7902992
Ah, I see. That's true. Back in the day when we brought destruction by wiping out neanderthals and mega-fauna it probably was, though.
>>
>>7902840
who's we?
>>
>>7903030
He's obviously some sort of reigning monarch.
>>
>>7903030
Poor people and minorities.

>>7903022
Yes but we probably didn't do it intentionally.It might have been that we were just better hunters and gatherers and stole all the food of the neanderthalers (and megafauna) and drove them to extinction that way. Moreover, this didn't happen instantly. One generation of humans probably didn't care know or care much about the long term consequences.

>>7903011
>>7903014
This makes sense.
>Ashkenazi contains the word nazi
>>
>>7903042
>Ashkenazi contains the word nazi

you'll find it hard to believe how much mizrahi jews rip on ashkenazi jews about this. although it doesn't quite sound and written the same way in hebrew

i'll add to my previous post a little: imagine you are born in a piss poor polish ghetto village and your family's life is literal hell, so they push you from age 0 to study as hard as you can so you can be a doctor and ensure a better future for your children, you bust your ass off to make it and eventually you do. you marry the rabbi's fertile daughter with the nice big tits because you can provide for her, you have like 8 children and 4 of them die because the medievel ages suck and the rest live on and will continue to spread their genes while your childhood friends from the village that didn't make it get burned to death by an angry mob, the theory speculates it was like natural selection on steroids although it should be noted that it's still just a theory
>>
>>7903053
Thanks man, this cleared up my mind.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.