[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the BEST book on speed reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
What's the BEST book on speed reading?
>>
Do you really need a whole book to learn how to speed read? It's just skimming, you pleb.
>>
>>7900522

>I drink 30 year scotch in a beer bong because it is faster and more effective
>>
>>7900522

How to Read a Book

In that it tells you speed reading is for plebs and mainly only useful for inspectional reading or reading lots and lots of easy to read shit fiction.
>>
File: 9780563520351.jpg (73 KB, 423x648) Image search: [Google]
9780563520351.jpg
73 KB, 423x648
>>7900522
Tony Buzan, creator of the mindmap
>>
>>7900555
Found that but the reviews are pretty bad
>>
>>7900563
why dont you read it yourself and then decide?
>>
>speed reading

Take it all in properly in due time
>>
>>7900631
>>7900536
>>7900526
thats understandable. Im mostly talking about speed reading non fiction
>>
>>7900641

you dont need a book for that, you just need to practice. First of all study how speed readers operate at high levels.

I found this:

>Franklin D. Roosevelt would certainly be included among the leaders in speed reading. Like most people, he began reading two or three words at a time, then stretched that to three or four words, then six to eight words. Eventually, he was able to read (and absorb) an entire paragraph at a single glance. He often practiced reading two or three lines at a single glance ("fixation"). Even more interesting, he would glance quickly at a single page, then turn the page and ponder over what the author was trying to say.
>>
>>7900641

But there are different types of non-fiction.

Some expository non-fiction requires a high amount of concentration and analytical reading.
>>
>>7900673

see:
>>7900555
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.