[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Mary Shelley?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: mary-shelley.jpg (255 KB, 546x342) Image search: [Google]
mary-shelley.jpg
255 KB, 546x342
Thoughts on Mary Shelley?
>>
Like every bitch writer from her century (the nineteenth one) she is kind of chilly and, I don't know, fatheaded. Her and Jane and Emily and Virginia (who was mentally, but not entirely physically, in the 19th century) and the rest, could all pretty much be the same fucking bitch. Because they sound the same to me. Bad.
>>
Frankenstein is excellent.
>>
>>7900143
To elaborate. They're all kind of stuck-up, and have this posh perfumey tone. Even though their actual thoughts are very vulgar and vacuous to be honest. Like they're just teenage girls pretty much. Who see life as some kind of fucked up pretend tea party. With all their dolls and shit. Come to think of it they write exactly like Alice, from Alice in Wonderland, talked. And she was like 12 years old. Go figure.
>>
File: lecter.jpg (58 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
lecter.jpg
58 KB, 400x291
>>7900157
I don't think the Apostle Paul could have put it any better. He hated women too.
>>
>>7900167
Woah now buster. Hold your horses. Rein them the fuck in. To equate those bitches I just talked about with all of femalekind is an insult to them (femalekind). I know a lot of good chicks, none of whom would write something as insipid the Death of the Ghost or whatever. There are good "women writers" out there. I'm sure. Like, uh. Flannery O'Connor. There. That's one. See! They're not ENTIRELY vapid idiots pretending to sophistication like a dog in a fucking ball gown. Vomiting out tennis balls on itself. Some are okay.
>>
Her mom was a fox. Her, not so much.
>>
>>7900157
Well I mean Shelly was a literal teenager when she wrote franky.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.