[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short novellas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: shortnovels2.jpg (261 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
shortnovels2.jpg
261 KB, 750x400
Because we live in this world, I search for short novellas. I was reading "The Old Man and the Sea" in a afternoon.
>>
File: 1282697156928.jpg (2 MB, 2384x1874) Image search: [Google]
1282697156928.jpg
2 MB, 2384x1874
>>7899500
Look at the wiki.
>>
The old man and the sea is a morning novel though
>>
>>7899531

But, are short novellas?
>>
>>7899657
Novellas are short by default, dummy.
>>
>>7899531

nothing by jules verne should be considered a novella, regardless of length everything he writes feels like it takes a million years to read
>>
>>7899537
I prefer to read it in real time over the course of three days as this more accurately evokes the hardship of the fisherman.
>>
>>7899657
They're novellas, so yes, they're short. That's what novella means.
>>
>>7899663
this is one of the few times the >translations meme applies

jules verne was notoriously poorly translated by publishers at the time looking to cash in on a quick buck. quality translations does wonders for reading verne.
>>
>>7899500

The Squabble (also known as Ivan Ivanovich in some translations) by Nikolai Gogol is pretty great, and would give you a feel for whether or not you'll like his other work. I consider his Petersburg Stories to be the greatest short stories I've read, and Dead Souls rank among my favorite novels of all time. Give The Squabble a go.
>>
>>7899659
novella is commune in france
>>
>>7899500
Heart of Darkness is like 100 pages
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.