[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been on my back log for awhile, I'm going to start it soon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 71c5xWv-fkL.jpg (170 KB, 1298x2380) Image search: [Google]
71c5xWv-fkL.jpg
170 KB, 1298x2380
Been on my back log for awhile, I'm going to start it soon. Am I in for a treat, or trash?
>>
It's decent trash.
>>
I trashed your mom's treat when she was on my front log last night.
>>
The fact that you wanted to read Dune in the first place implies to me that you'll like Dune.
>>
Of course it's not Shakespeare but you should read it if you're into science fiction. Also, it's on the top 100 books voted by /lit/.
>>
>>7898837
if you have read any amount of actual literature and value your time, you will dislike it. It you don't mind wasting time or don't know what a good book is, you will like it.
>>
File: Muslimsmid7thcentury.jpg (629 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
Muslimsmid7thcentury.jpg
629 KB, 1024x770
It's literally "Mohammed: In Space!!!"

Writing quality is shit too btw
>>
Expect an avalanche of boring dialogue and people exclaiming things in their head ("He's talking about...!") twice a page, interrupted every so often by an action scene.
>>
>>7898837

I read a shit ton of stuff I enjoyed, read some Asimov, some of the black company. Then I read this book it was awful, it wasn't deep like some people claim. Its not even interesting in anyway other than the world because the writing and story are absolutely garbage.
>>
>>7898837
why don't you just read it and decide for yourself? are you really concerned you might waste six months of your life moving your lips as you trudge from one sentence to the next and then decide you don't like it?

is your time that valuable?

also, do you think you're going to get a useful opinion in the land of shitposting?
>>
File: wat_don't_care_either_way.png (12 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
wat_don't_care_either_way.png
12 KB, 429x410
>>7898892
automatic shitting on a book = confirmed for twelve year old too scared to approve in case someone asks him to defend his opinion and he can't.
>>
File: wat_Tycho.jpg (81 KB, 249x195) Image search: [Google]
wat_Tycho.jpg
81 KB, 249x195
>>7899052

>likes Asimov, god of cardboard cutout jewish tailor sterotypes

> dislikes Herbert, who understood that even minor characters have their own goals

get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>7898837
disappointment.

>>7898852
epic XD!!!
>>
you should also read done messiah. you can't judge the Dune series off the first book alone. the first book doesn't really have much going on. it's just setting up the characters and universe. the rest of the series spans millions of years. so just reading the first one is kind of stupid. it's just an introduction.
>>
>>7898837
It has its moments.
>>
It's good, don't listen to genreshit memers.
>>
>>7899879
This desu, the first is just an intro, the second is the best of the lot and they arent worth reading past the third.
>>
>>7899928
I read them all and I think they all kick ass
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.