[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >likes to write comedy because I'm not a depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>be me
>likes to write comedy because I'm not a depressed teenager
>tell my friends I'm going to write about them
>they get hyped
>after 3 weeks of work I show a preview
>3 people just stopped talking to me
>2 friends got mad and started parroting SWJy bullshit

So did my text accomplish something because I got a reaction even if it was in a bad way? It's the second time it happens. I make things a little subtle to avoid being 2random xD humor for 12 years old kids.
>>
It's hard to tell without giving us more info. Give us an example of some jokes you made and how they relate to that friend.
>>
post it you slut
>>
>>7897885
thank mr skeltal
>>
>>7897885
sounds like it was edgy as well as mean-spirited towards your friends. will anyone else ever read it? overall I'd mark it in the loss column
>>
>>7897885
Post part of it. It's the only way we can tell.
>>
Not written in english and don't expect me to translate because I don't have time. Text 1 is about my method of choosing between girl 1 and girl 2 based on their qualities. It's autistic but not edgy and you need to know me in person to get part of the joke (because I'm shy). Text 2 is a critic about the hivemind of college, our students are all genius and will be millionaires in the future. I just distorted some buddhism to tell that money won't buy happiness and they all gonna die the same way. Would this trigger you IRL?
>>
>>7897921
>this
Post the part that you think they had the biggest response to. Or just summarize a joke you wrote at their expense.
>>
>>7897941
>choosing between girls
>girls

There's your problem.
>>
>>7897941
if you want justification on here for losing friends you're not gonna get it. dick move pal, low class, even somewhat psychotic
>>
If they were offended and didn't think it was funny, you fucking failed and aren't smart enough to get people to laugh instead of shitting on them.

Read part one of this, were Strauss talks about Aristophanes' The Assembly of Women:
https://leostrausscenter.uchicago.edu/sites/default/files/Republic1957.pdf

Then read some Aristophanes, and then some Shakespeare. For good measure, read the Republic itself.

Try to write stuff that has a point, without making the mouthbreathers feel bad about themselves. As Strauss puts it:

>Aristophanes expresses the wish that the play will please two kinds of men—the wise, who will appreciate the play's wise invention, and those who like to laugh. Apparently these are two different groups.
>>
>>7897941
>you need to know me in person to get part of the joke
Well that is bad if you want some reader to like your stuff.

>I just distorted some buddhism to tell that money won't buy happiness and they all gonna die the same way. Would this trigger you IRL?
Maybe if I was a sheltered college kid, but this is not exactly a new idea and probably won't receive any kind of reaction from anyone who has read anything outside of school.

But it is humor you are aiming for. It is all about the delivery and you could use stale ideas to make great jokes. That is what you should focus on.
Also what language is it in?
>>
>>7897941
Honestly if the humor isn't along the lines of what is in the group, it might alienate them. Obviously they're shallow people who cannot handle your perhaps more truthful opinions of them than you give them.
Plus it sounds like you're going to a stuffy uni where everybody believes in their ability to maximize their gains from materialism. They're shallow!
Next group of friends, be more tactful about how honest you are about them.
>>
>>7897941
God, are you trolling or are you a legit sperg? Read what you just wrote out loud and try not to groan.

You can't just drive the knife in with no subtlety. Find something ACTUALLY absurd, and write about it. If you want to have an intellectual point, FIRST find something funny or absurd, THEN think about why it is absurd. You'll find your fucking message there. Don't start with your message; there's no way to be heavy handed if you go that route.
>>
don't expect the reaction of a small few to represent the worth of your work.
>>
Why the fuck would you do this to yourself?
>>
>thinks he's funny
>everyone nopes
sorry you suck op. you obviously need to try a different approach.

"When I said I was going to become a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now, are they?"
>>
>>7897885
>write comedy
>tell my friends I'm going to write about them
>Text 1 is about my method of choosing between girl 1 and girl 2 based on their qualities
>Text 2 is a critic about the hivemind of college

Er, what?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.