[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /lit/, I'm planning on buying a Kindle 7th generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1459894550785.jpg (406 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459894550785.jpg
406 KB, 1024x1024
Hey, /lit/, I'm planning on buying a Kindle 7th generation "Basic" (the cheapest one).

The only thing thats currently holding me is that I've heard that kindles don't do well with pdf files and most of my reading stuff is in the pdf format.

So, do any of you guys have experience in using a Kindle for reading pdfs? How slow is the rendering and whatnot?

PS. I know that I can always convert those PDF files to a MOBI format.
>>
>>7896573
>giving your hard earned bux to satanic Jew-run tech corp bent on enslaving humanity by the near future
>>
>>7896583
>implying thats not my masterplan
>>
>>7896573
Kindle is absolutely shit with PDFs. Ipad Air is probably the best for PDFs in my experience.

Even if you set your kindles margins to the smallest and crop page numbers, margins and headers and footers, the text is tiny and squished, the rendering takes seconds, and the kindle wont remember zoom options. What has worked for me is using PDFs that were saved from text documents or well OCR'd and save as RTF, then format as necessary using replace functions.

>>7896583
Shit opinion from Kobo shills.

IRL it doesnt matter since Amazon loses money on Kindles and no one who is smart buys digital books anyways.
>>
>>7896573
>I know that I can always convert those PDF files to a MOBI format.

This is not as easy as it sounds. If it is a scan of a book or textbook and not a professional PDF done by a publishing house or saved from word or open office it just doesnt work. And there are plenty of scans out there.
>>
>>7896591
This and
>>7896593
this.

If you want to read pdf's get a tablet. Ofc, for your eyes, it will not be as comfy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIKKkZC6zKA

is this kindle on the left the 7th generation? Because if so it runs PDFs pretty decently.
>>
what's with the vesica piscis?
>>
>>7896573
Buy a Kobo
>>
>>7896615
Kobo is a lot more expensive right now
>>
>>7896602
pls wathc video and respon d
>>
>>7896621
I got a 2012 model for 30$, it serves me fine
>>
>>7896833
?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.