[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point in the starting to write if the first thing I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1459818500786.jpg (38 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
1459818500786.jpg
38 KB, 663x579
Whats the point in the starting to write if the first thing I write is destined to be shit?
>>
writing is only truly done in rewriting

or something some bitch fuck said once lol
>>
it's better for both us and you to just give up before starting.
>>
File: ikrudixd.jpg (80 KB, 400x801) Image search: [Google]
ikrudixd.jpg
80 KB, 400x801
>>7895340

The better question is why are you afraid of being shit?
>>
>>7895340
jesus i've never read such a poorly written post
>>
hey there man, if you "want to write" but don't write, you might want to ask yourself if you really do want to write.

i sure never asked myself that. i found myself wanting to write, writing, then saying to myself "hmmm how do i improve... better find out!"

literature is expression--express!

(otherwise it might, as other seem to feel, be the case that you don't want to write as much as you want to be a writer, in which case what you want is the status accorded to writers, or perhaps the lifestyle, and not the substance of their work, i.e. the activity of writing.)
>>
>>7895361
it's the first thing he wrote, its destiny is to be shit.
>>
>>7895340
so you can learn from it.
(it may not even be half bad.)
>>
>>7895358
Someone has a gun to his head.
>>
>>7895340
there isn't go kill yourself
>>
>>7895340
because the third or fourth thing will probably be okay
and the sixth might be your masterpiece
who knows, it could actually be your best
H.P. Lovecraft's The Tomb is a 9/10 and then the next eight or so things are total crap so fuck

also its okay if you write like shit as long as you're good at editing it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.