[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 628x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 628x900
>The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "VĂ¡monos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.

People defend this hack?
>>
He's not a genius but I still read it twice.
>>
Cash is alright, I liked the feel of his prose, but he's not especially a genius or anything
>>
>>7895158

He's the James Joyce of the west
>>
>>7895158
Too many God damned words there.

>And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight

The what?
>>
>That scene where Custer and Sitting Bull silently smoke together the night before Little Big Horn.

Mightn't have had a hint of historical accuracy but that whole chapter was prosaic as it gets. Made it my favourite Cash book, no matter how shit OP's taste is.

Next book when?
>>
>>7895158
>The rust-crickets and the nettles scurried among the scattered sages of the thick beetle. "Hola, Manny!". "Hola, eramientas!" he whispered, and loosened the flinty leathercock over the wobbly weave of the twilight. And they rode on and they spat on, their stubby chins sticky with dribble.
>>
>>7895158
Wes Anderson confirmed as Cormac McCarthy reader.

"friscalating."
>>
>>7895158
>american "literature"
>>
Wildcat was better
>>
so wtf is this book about. I've never even heard of this guy
>>
>>7896244
Obsolete vernacular.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.