[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyman’s library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Everyman’s library.jpg (26 KB, 780x135) Image search: [Google]
Everyman’s library.jpg
26 KB, 780x135
Hey guys I just wanted to ask a general question about Everyman’s library.
Are all their translations good?
Covering french works like Les mis and Dumas as well as the russians, dosto, tolstoy etc?
And then the spanish ones aswell fx Borges?
>>
Their covers are phenomenal

And the binding isn't bad either
>>
Not all of their translations are good. The ones for Mann, Dostoevsky, and Tolstoy are top notch, though.
>>
>>7894976
How about those for the french novelists, Dumas Hugo etc, or the real classics, Homer VIrgil Dante etc?
>>
>>7894987
Not sure about the French ones. Homer and Virgil and Dante you're golden, it's Robert Fitzgerald for the first two and Allen Mandelbaum for the last.
>>
>>7894989
Thing is I feel like perhaps I would like to try get a seroius collection of everyman’s since they look so great and if you would take the covers off (which I probably never would) it would look like a really academic collection - kind of a weird thing to say now that I have though
>>
>>7894999
Answer the man he got trips for christ sake
>>
>>7894999
Go for it.
>>
>>7895022
thanks for the pepp bro
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.