[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a book I can read to help me overcome my realization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1458268357186.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1458268357186.png
715 KB, 629x758
What is a book I can read to help me overcome my realization that I'm a fraud?

I'm specifically referring to saying you'll accomplish something but never doing it and putting off your hopes/dreams for so long until you realize you don't care anymore.
>>
You aren't a fraud, you're procrastinating indefinitely. That isn't fraudulent, it's lazy. Chances are, you know you don't have talent and so are afraid to even start something.
You special snowflake baby bitch.
>>
>>7894708
either enlighten me or kill me
>>
>>7894726
Nobody cares enough to do either.

Do it yourself. Or don't.
>>
>>7894741
seeing how this is the literature board I'd like some literature recommendations to coincide with the way I'm feeling
>>
>>7894683
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done
>>
>>7894754
kek
>>
>>7894683
I haven't read it, but Oblomov seems to match your case. Or maybe it would depress you more.

Either way, good luck anon.
>>
>>7894683

emil cioran if you want to get over caring that you care about not caring about your dreams
>>
File: 1273898310023.jpg (19 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1273898310023.jpg
19 KB, 240x160
>tfw I am the superfluous man
>my life's story is shit
>>
Good Old Neon
>>
>>7894754

Anyone know where i can buy this book?
>>
>>7894827
Have you read it? Good Old Neon is about someone who succeeds to impress others, basically. OP hasn't accomplished a fucking thing.
>>
>>7894827
I wanted to like this but ultimately couldn't relate at all to this person who was successful but unhappy. I've never failed to appreciate the touch of a girl's breast, or fulfillment from my good job, etc...
>>
>>7894683
a book was on a table in my house recently: the achievement habit, by bernie roth
i wouldn't say it's "good" and to be quite honest, my family, i continued reading after my cautious opening of it because he uses example from his everyday life and he seems to be good at being a professor, and i like little tricks for being better
but the book itself has all kinds of methods for basically not-being-such-a-faggot. kinds of things that most people would not admit to needing, but you, anonymously, of course, are admitting it, and so i recommend it to you
you don't need to "overcome" the realisation, but just stop being such a faggot
>>
File: 1291715530475.png (58 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1291715530475.png
58 KB, 344x345
man is free the moment he wishes to be

you want to be a faggot, that's all there is to it
>>
The only way I've sustained doing what I inwardly profess to be what 'I want to be about' is by making it impossible to do the things which are big impediments to it.

So I got rid of the internet and only had books and music available at home in my free time. I stopped jerking off 24/7 and did this for about a month and a half until I really felt a change in my subjective being.

Then I got randy af and took the bus back to my parent's house when they were out of the country and just best off for 6 hours saying it'd be a one off and I've been doing the same shit since for about 2 months.

In my experience the only way to get things done when you're constituted like this is to force you back against the wall and limit your ability to fuck around as effectively as possible.

One thing that may make this less bleak is to tell you that that month and a half really was the most memorable and enjoyable I've had since I got into this spiral of shit about 5 years ago. Lots of pain but lots of reward.

I have the experience now to know for sure that this comfy, quarter-assign of life is objectively worse and yet I'm stuck in it and will be until I ban myself from it entirely again. And this time I have to make it impossible to slip back, not just very hard.

Hope this helps. From how you sound (like me) this is likely the only way
>>
Fernando Pessoa's The Book of Disquiet

First person fragments of a man with no friends, no lovers, shitty dead-end job and who writes breathtaking prose about clouds, the light in streets, not being able to feel, living only in his head, disillusionment, depression and non-existence.
>>
>>7894752
I can't put it exactly into words, but look homeward, angel and the sequel were good books for me
>>
File: gadd.jpg (383 KB, 950x1388) Image search: [Google]
gadd.jpg
383 KB, 950x1388
>>7894683
THE RECOGNITIONS

and

IMAGINATIVE QUALITIES OF ACTUAL THINGS
>>
>>7894683
What's there to overcome? Being a fraud is fun. Learn how to be the biggest fraud imaginable and fool people with your forgeries.
>>
>>7894683
The Sea Wolf
>>
>>7894887

why would i want to read about my life
>>
>>7894752
>entertain me pls
>pls respond
no how bout u go fuck urself k? u sadkuck drain on society. im bein 100% sincere
>>
File: vietdejectedlbj.jpg (93 KB, 600x875) Image search: [Google]
vietdejectedlbj.jpg
93 KB, 600x875
>>7894884
This is p good advice, brother
>>
>>7894841
>is about someone who succeeds to impress others and then kills himself
>>
I think you're looking for Camus' Fall
>>
>>7894884
I basically agree that you have to deliberately create an environment free of distractions to get anything done (that's how I wrote my first novel and how I'm writing my second) but while it's conducive to productivity, it won't necessarily get you where you want to be internally by itself. For that you need to talk to people who are similar enough to you for their introspective experiences to serve as a supplement to your own.
>>
>>7894752

Stop feeling. That's your problem. Too much feeling. Start doing, stop feeling. If every you do is based on how you feel at a particular time, nothing will get done. Do, even if you don't feel like it.
>>
>>7894887
>First person fragments of a man with no friends, no lovers, shitty dead-end job and who writes breathtaking prose about clouds, the light in streets, not being able to feel, living only in his head, disillusionment, depression and non-existence.
Jesus Christ that really hit home.
>>
>>7895867
Only difference is that Pessoa can write.
>>
>>7895870
You haven't read my prose though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.