[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he wants to be an author www.xenosystems.net/the-market-from -hell/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1454093342209.jpg (102 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1454093342209.jpg
102 KB, 258x245
>he wants to be an author
www.xenosystems.net/the-market-from-hell/
>>
go to bed nick land
>>
>>7894144
What's new? There's a big difference between "I hate my job and would like the freedom and acclaim I imagine writers enjoy" and "I have written a novel that isn't just masturbation and will now try to sell it."
>>
Based Nick
>>
Those statistics are spurious. They’ve floated around the internet for years, and seem to lack attribution. They appear to have been cut out of whole cloth in 2003.

There are more trustworthy and recent statistics here:
http://www.pewresearch. org/fact-tank/2015/10/19/slightly-fewer-americans-are-reading-print-books-new-survey-finds/

“In the most recent survey, those most likely to be book readers included women; young adults (those ages 18-29); those with higher levels of education and higher household income; and whites. These patterns largely hold for overall book reading and for the different reading platforms – printed books and e-books.

The average woman read 14 books in the past 12 months, compared with the nine books read by the average man, a statistically significant difference.”

…This is still dismal, and “author” is an utterly terrible career choice, but things are not nearly so bad as Mangan’s post suggests.
>>
>>7895503
Yeah you’re stupid
>>
File: 1414696882122.jpg (17 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
1414696882122.jpg
17 KB, 380x405
>wanting to be a freelancer
>>
>>7895503
Even if they're true they're irrelevant because no one here's writing for money anyway. I actually think I might die after finishing the first draft of this next thing I'm writing, but if at least a friend of mine or two get to read it that's fine by me.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.