[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malazan Book of the Fallen General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 658x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 658x1000
I picked this up The Deadhouse Gates a while back and I love it just as much as the first book so far. I am so interested in how everything eventually turns out and I can't stop reading. I've read the reviews and I had some troubles with The Gardens but it is actually quite clear if you give the book enough attention while reading.
What does /lit/ think about Malazan?
>>
Mediocre fantasy. They get better as the series goes along.
>>
>>7892655
>mediocre
B-but it's better than GoT r-right?
>>
I loved it. It dragged a bit in places as I got towards the end and was desperate for resolutions to some plots.

Lots of great characters, short stories, and fantastic moments throughout the series. If you can empathise you'll get a lot out of these books.
>>
>>7892644
top tier epic fantasy, 10/10 world building
>>
>>7893006
5/10 made me reply
>>
>>7893142
but we're talking about the books
>>
>>7892689
The shit I wiped off my ass this morning was better than GoT. Malazan is eons better.
>>
>>7893309
Oh I'm so glad someone shares my opinion. All my normie friends that only've read harry potter and first books of GoT, after the series were released and abdolutely love it.
>>
Is this really any good? Wanted to pick it up but heard about a race of raptors with sword arms and that's the gayest thing I've ever heard of.
>>
>>7893395
It's a long extinct race of hive-mind reptilians with different kinds of spiecies, one of those are armored twelve foot tall biped lizards with blades for forearms. They also have their own kind of magic and their hives are massive flying fortresses.
Malazan is really over the top sometimes and I love it.
>>
>>7893529
sounds like dumb shit
>>
>>7893562
It kind of does if you try to retell it sometimes, but overall it isn't and you never think about the stuff in the book like that while you are reading it.
>>
>>7893562
Well it's epic fantasy with dragons, super powers and magical swords, just really well done.
>>
>>7892644
Is this series really worth reading? I'm not a gigantic fantasy fan and I really don't like GOT.

Main thing that puts me off trying it is how many books there are.
>>
>>7893612
It really rewards you for thorough reading and paying attention. There are severak storylines amd the overall story may seem complicated but it is really well written and if you find to love it, a kot of books is only an advantage.
>>
File: Reading order.jpg (1 MB, 2552x1528) Image search: [Google]
Reading order.jpg
1 MB, 2552x1528
I love the series, but kinda wish I followed pic related sooner. About 100 pages into Dust of Dreams I picked up Night of Knives and Return of the Crimson Guard so as to not spoil ROTC by reading DoD.
Erikson's writing is better than Esslemont's tho. The latter can't really capture my interest. That said, I have lots of stuff going on these days and I haven't really found the time to read - am only about halfway through NoK and I've spent many weeks on it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.