[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a writer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 20151017_125150.jpg (527 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151017_125150.jpg
527 KB, 2048x1152
I am a famous writer. Obviously I am not going to reveal my identity, but you guys can ask me anything.
>>
>>7891524
what's your identity?
>>
Is it as glamorous as the idiots on here think it is?
>>
Roughly what percent of your book sales do you receive once your agent and all that has been considered and how much do you end up making a year.

Also do you have any say in the cover art.
>>
>>7891524

hey Pynchon will you give me your literary mojo juice so I can write books as good as you please.
>>
A famous writer wouldn't say he was a
"famous writer".

Unless you mean "famous writer" like... Your books are being sold in the impulse section of the local Dollar Tree.
>>
If you're a famous writer, how come we've never heard of you?

/thread
>>
>>7891595
I dunno, I think he's legit, in high school we read a lot of poetry that was written by anonymous
>>
>>7891524
post your royalties
>>
>>7891524
so how long have you been on foodstamps
>>
>>7891802
Underrated post.
>>
>>7891524
What general sort of thing do you write?
>>
>>7891802
JEJ
>>
>>7891524
Hello too I'm writer
>>
I have a question:

If I start my novel with "It was the fall of 1987...", will people expect the whole thing to take place in 1987 or is it okay if I time-shift right after a few words?

Also, if that fits in with what a person is narrating, and I really don't want to make the whole thing narration, is it fine to shift from 1st to 3rd person in a time shift?

Thanks.
>>
>>7892051
no it's not okay. kill urself, die and then never write again. you're stupid and I fucked ur mum
>>
>>7891588
I don't know, I can think of some who would do just that.
>>
>>7892052
Stephen King?
>>
>>7892051
I'm writer but not Opie writer

The things you're thinking about doing are fine, but only in the context of a kooky pomo story or an ultraderivative piece of genreshit. You'll have to commit to one of those two modes (or both) to get away with it.
>>
Do you live in Los Angeles?
>>
>>7891524
"It was a dark and stormy night..."
Can you finish this?
>>
>>7892072
>but only in the context of a kooky pomo story or an ultraderivative piece of genreshit
wat
>>
>>7892084
The ever-shrinking distance in form between high and low culture is a key aspect of postmodernity. The avant-garde literary techniques of yesteryear are now on display in lowbrow forms of pop culture entertainment. Substance, complexity, and intent are rapidly becoming the only real distinctions. This was a large part of what DFW was talking about.
>>
bait thread
>>
>>7891802
all the poetry i ever read by anonymous was scratched into toilet walls.
>>
>>7891524
Why would you lie on the internet like this?
>>
>>7892051
Literature has no rules: it has good and bad, that's all.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.